Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#161TJMW2007Posted 12/20/2012 5:29:49 AM
SandalFury posted...
In most games that let you create your character's face, I find it easier to make a decent looking woman than a decent man.

This ^

Plus when your a female and you do the The Heart of Dibella Quest. You get perk called Agent Of Dibella which causes you to do 10% more damage to the opposite sex. There are more male enemies in the game than females, so its always a wise choice to be a female if you want this perk.

The other reason why i always be a female character is because i would rather watch a woman's butt shaking about in forsworn armor than to be watching a butch male walking like if he just had something put up his a** -_-
---
GT: TJMW2007
#162MMF_Legacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 5:40:47 AM
TJMW2007 posted...
SandalFury posted...
In most games that let you create your character's face, I find it easier to make a decent looking woman than a decent man.

This ^

Plus when your a female and you do the The Heart of Dibella Quest. You get perk called Agent Of Dibella which causes you to do 10% more damage to the opposite sex. There are more male enemies in the game than females, so its always a wise choice to be a female if you want this perk.

The other reason why i always be a female character is because i would rather watch a woman's butt shaking about in forsworn armor than to be watching a butch male walking like if he just had something put up his a** -_-

I didn't know that. That is a good reason for me to play a female. In fallout games I sometimes play a female for the same reason to get the Black Widow perk that does the same thing. But it does get awkward when guys hit on me.
#163TJMW2007Posted 12/20/2012 6:09:32 AM
MMF_Legacy posted...
TJMW2007 posted...
SandalFury posted...

This ^

I didn't know that. That is a good reason for me to play a female. In fallout games I sometimes play a female for the same reason to get the Black Widow perk that does the same thing. But it does get awkward when guys hit on me.

Here you go mate. Yeah that's why i was always a female in fallout as well.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_of_Dibella
---
GT: TJMW2007
#164nuke2099Posted 12/20/2012 8:31:33 AM
nnytherkiller posted...
nuke2099 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
nuke2099 posted...
HatchetHound posted...
Do the Dragons in this game even HAVE a gender? Seeing as how they aren't normal dragons.

The "dragons" in this game anyway aren't dragons. True dragons have four legs and are with/without wings. Wyverns have wings and two legs (Skyrim dragons).

And yeah I always saw "dragons" in this game as genderless but with male attributes. Like orcs/orks from warhammer or 40k.

Hey, bro, guess what? TRUE DRAGONS are whatever the creators of the universe they're in wants them to be.

This is not Warhammer, or LOTR, or DnD. It's TES.

Hey bro, guess what? TRUE DRAGONS are decided by actual mythology. Try again.

Fun fact originally in early cultures, dragons were portrayed as just giant snakes! No legs, no wings, just giant serpents. Also in mythology dragons have been portrayed in a whole bunch of different forms, including the feathered kind, as well as the type that we have in the Elder Scrolls which would be two legs and two arms connected to their wings. So how about you learn a little bit about what your talking about before you start making up bull****.

I know all about that. Also the type in the Elder Scrolls are wyverns end of. How about you learn a bit about what you're talking about.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#165DocOdinePosted 12/20/2012 8:47:07 AM
nuke2099 posted...
I know all about that. Also the type in the Elder Scrolls are wyverns end of. How about you learn a bit about what you're talking about.

Guess what? It's a video game with it's own mythos and nothing you can cite ever existed as a living creature, it existed only within it's own mythos which was likewise made up. You sound like a 5 year old. "No! You can't be the cop, I'm the cop! We can't have two cops!"
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#166nuke2099Posted 12/20/2012 8:51:30 AM
DocOdine posted...
nuke2099 posted...

Guess what? It's a video game with it's own mythos and nothing you can cite ever existed as a living creature, it existed only within it's own mythos which was likewise made up. You sound like a 5 year old. "No! You can't be the cop, I'm the cop! We can't have two cops!"

Who said anything about it being real. Also you think about cops to much. Guess what? Komodo dragons :P
---
#167nnytherkillerPosted 12/20/2012 9:51:15 AM
nuke2099 posted...

You do realize that wyverns are usually portrayed as having a snakes body right? Wyvern have dragon heads and serpentine bodies as well as only two forlegs, not hind legs.

Wyvern
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7ZhzWkQb2m32g_G-HNWfVzZgMHfDjqBvSEGrtuby5NcjCgD0Org

This is the mythological wyvern by the way, not the reimaginings that you seem to dislike.
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#16820ME2cmpnvetPosted 12/20/2012 10:27:11 AM
I only play Female in Skyrim and Fallout.

Mass Effect I did Fem Shep once and wasn't a fan. I'd rather be Sheploo.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
"This Forum has gone 0 days without a Star Wars Reference."
#169XekuPosted 12/20/2012 10:39:36 AM
cbviz80 posted...
Barakah posted...
Well assuming you mean the male majority, I'd say the answer is simply that they're creeps. I'm sure a lot of people have a fair reason for doing it, but most are just creeps lying to both us and themselves.

Not that I'd advise openly suggesting this online lol. I'm only saying it because I don't care about the cowardly veiled insults that are about to be hurled my way by said creeps. All they can do is talk, and even then they can only do that on the internet.

Hmmm... I think less are creeps than the stereotype implies.... but I'm sure many of them are, hence the large selection of adult only mods. Enough adult only that you have to specify non adult while searching.... After saying that though, maybe you are right... lol

Sure, many are creeps - this is true for just about anything though. But, I doubt "majority" is accurate.

And yes, I wouldn't be so quick to judge the general fan population, either - many on this board seem to be unaware of the fact that a good many adult mods were created by women. I'm not suggesting females don't engage in this sort of thing either, but it does throw a wrench into the stereotypes paraded around on this message board on a daily basis.

Some of the more prominent and respected "adult" modders in the Oblivion community are female - and much of this has carried over to Skyrim. Again, "adult" is a generic classification, and usually does not usually involve actual sexually explicit material (nudity is the standard - as the most popular body mesh upgrades, for male and female characters, are nude by default). This wasn't done so people can oogle at the private bits, but rather because it is the norm - those who craft armour, clothing and other gear prefer working from this format (it is easier and more efficient).

This may come as a surprise for some here, but it is nothing new for the community (I'd recommend checking TES centric websites for a more nuanced, realistic view of how everything breaks down).
#170nuke2099Posted 12/20/2012 10:43:45 AM
nnytherkiller posted...
nuke2099 posted...

You do realize that wyverns are usually portrayed as having a snakes body right? Wyvern have dragon heads and serpentine bodies as well as only two forlegs, not hind legs.

Wyvern
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7ZhzWkQb2m32g_G-HNWfVzZgMHfDjqBvSEGrtuby5NcjCgD0Org

This is the mythological wyvern by the way, not the reimaginings that you seem to dislike.

Go play MH then come back.
---