Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#181Unbridled9Posted 12/22/2012 10:54:15 AM
garcia_jx posted...
Wait, I thought all the dragons in Skyrim were male, since they sound like males.

How do you know what the genders of dragon voices sounds like? For all you know they could sound identical except for an ultrasonic tone that you wouldn't be able to pick up with human hearing.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#182xSuper_ChuckxPosted 12/22/2012 11:04:09 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
So, TC do you only read books or watch movies that have male main characters?

I hope not.

I make male and female characters, and enjoy both. Most sane gamers do likewise.

That is a gross assumption, or maybe you just mistyped your thoughts. It seems like an attack on those who choose to play as one gender, claiming that you are usually only sane if you play both.

Both sides of this argument seem to have a few fools defending their opinions. One side comes of as sexist ( not necessarily intentional) and possibly sexually insecure, while the other seems over sensitive and prone to jumping to conclusions.

Truth is, both sides have completely valid points. Besides, does it really matter. It makes sense if you like to play as only your gender if it makes it easier for you to relate to the character/story, just like it makes sense to play as multiple genders/races because you enjoy variety.
---
"I will beat you into a living death" -Ken Shamrock
"90% of the game is half mental" -Tim Sylvia
#183garcia_jxPosted 12/22/2012 12:55:40 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
garcia_jx posted...
Wait, I thought all the dragons in Skyrim were male, since they sound like males.

How do you know what the genders of dragon voices sounds like? For all you know they could sound identical except for an ultrasonic tone that you wouldn't be able to pick up with human hearing.

True, but i think you are over-thinking it or I am not thinking it. Either one works for me.
#184jrr18Posted 12/22/2012 12:57:19 PM
garcia_jx posted...

The females are on steroids that's why they look and sound manly.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#185MMF_Legacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 1:04:24 PM
Wait, I thought all the dragons in Skyrim were male, since they sound like

All the females are at home tending to the cubs and making dragon sammiches.
#186Unbridled9Posted 12/23/2012 3:02:10 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
garcia_jx posted...

True, but i think you are over-thinking it or I am not thinking it. Either one works for me.

You're probably not thinking it through. Dragons aren't human. They aren't even mammals. If you saw a male and a female dragon side by side, would you know which is which? Heck, there are some animals out there where the male and female versions don't even look like they belong to the same species or where gender isn't even a real 'thing'. For all we know, Skyrim dragons are hermaphrodites.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#187SoulOfFaythPosted 12/23/2012 3:08:20 PM
Dragons have no gender. They are Dragons.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#188Rone8822Posted 12/23/2012 3:08:30 PM
BladeX65 posted...
The female figure is generally considered the paramount of human beauty.

Source: Every ancient civilization ever, such as the Greeks and Romans.

And, some gamers are even females themselves, more than you would seem to think.

Saying "Source" does not make it true. Also, there are a hell of a lot more "ancient civilizations" other than the Greeks and Romans which are a bad example since so much of Roman culture etc. was based on the Greeks.
#189VoiceJailPosted 12/23/2012 3:19:00 PM
TRU FAX: Most games seem to have better models fer dem wimminz. Derpderpderpderp
---
Japan is building an elevator to space. Most likely for their secret army of Gundams piloted by socially challenged, angsty teenagers.
#190sleepinggorillaPosted 12/23/2012 3:24:43 PM
Because if I'm going to be looking at a character for hours on end I prefer to look at a woman. In Elder scrolls and Fallout out you aren't looking at you characters that much and it's kind of weird to have the game calling you "M'am" so I usually play guys.