Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#41turn_basedPosted 12/19/2012 3:41:38 PM
Twinmold posted...
Because most guys are perverts and ones who use the internet doubly so. People will try and justify their actions differently, but it's basically people playing with Barbies.

Butt-kicking, claymore-swinging, fire-breathing, dragon-shouting Barbies, yeah.
---
Redguards Rule!
#42RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:42:45 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Actually not really. Lots of people on gamefaqs are shamefully insecure.

You would know, what with you're constant search for validation.

Mmm, nah. Try again?

Also your*
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#43XekuPosted 12/19/2012 3:44:32 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
BladeX65 posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...
It's just whenever I make a char, I see him as me since I am playing him. I feel something must be wrong with me.

The only thing wrong with you is that you can't roleplay, the character that you play as doesn't need to be you.

Also this. TC, that's like saying male authors who have female characters are pervs/strange.

Yes, not to mention those of us that simply enjoy character creation, and do not have much interest in roleplay.
If the game has a character creator, I will go to town with it - males, females, freaks of nature....anything is fair game (and the more variety the better).

I look at them as just avatars - even characters I mod/customize for Oblivion (PC). I've spent hours creating characters, and hours more perfecting them...just for the the joy of it.
#44Banana_ManaPosted 12/19/2012 3:45:48 PM
So, TC do you only read books or watch movies that have male main characters?

I hope not.

I make male and female characters, and enjoy both. Most sane gamers do likewise.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#45DarktylPosted 12/19/2012 3:46:56 PM(edited)
HatchetHound posted...
Do the Dragons in this game even HAVE a gender? Seeing as how they aren't normal dragons.

Are there even normal dragons in Elder scrolls? I thought they are all immortal Aedra.
---
And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times.
#46turn_basedPosted 12/19/2012 3:46:54 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

I don't defend people, I defend truth, and you sir, are wrong.
---
Redguards Rule!
#47CRK44Posted 12/19/2012 3:48:11 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
CRK44 posted...
Every time I go to create a new character in Skyrim, I am reminded that I can actually make a female character.

In my mind, the title "Dragonborn" is better held by a male. However, The Champion of Cyrodiil and Nerevarine titles seem more unisex.

How the f*** do you possibly figure that.

Woah there,

mainly due to the commercials, the default Nord in iron armor used to portray the MC, Miraak also being male, all dragons having a male voice, and the fact that Shouting only seems cool when a male is doing it.

I have played using male and female characters. And I actually forget I am playing as a female because the dialogue is obviously built around a male MC.
---
Jarl Ballin'
#48TheBestFallerPosted 12/19/2012 3:48:16 PM
turn_based posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Whatever, I get it, Rebel is allowed to be a d-bag for some otherwordly reason. I'll stop worrying about it, since apparently we love his d-bagness because he occasionally posts helpful info.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#49LeichenschmausPosted 12/19/2012 3:53:18 PM
T & A
#50RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:54:13 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
turn_based posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Whatever, I get it, Rebel is allowed to be a d-bag for some otherwordly reason. I'll stop worrying about it, since apparently we love his d-bagness because he occasionally posts helpful info.

http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing