Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#51RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:54:28 PM
CRK44 posted...

I have played using male and female characters. And I actually forget I am playing as a female because the dialogue is obviously built around a male MC.

How so?
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#52nuke2099Posted 12/19/2012 3:55:12 PM
HatchetHound posted...
Do the Dragons in this game even HAVE a gender? Seeing as how they aren't normal dragons.

The "dragons" in this game anyway aren't dragons. True dragons have four legs and are with/without wings. Wyverns have wings and two legs (Skyrim dragons).

And yeah I always saw "dragons" in this game as genderless but with male attributes. Like orcs/orks from warhammer or 40k.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#53turn_basedPosted 12/19/2012 3:55:49 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
turn_based posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Actually not really. Lots of people on gamefaqs are shamefully insecure.

You would know, what with you're constant search for validation.

I don't defend people, I defend truth, and you sir, are wrong.

Whatever, I get it, Rebel is allowed to be a d-bag for some otherwordly reason. I'll stop worrying about it, since apparently we love his d-bagness because he occasionally posts helpful info.

Nope. I repeat, I'll stand up for facts, not for people. His posting habits and you're claim that he's seeking validation constantly are two different things. You are wrong.
---
Redguards Rule!
#54RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:55:58 PM
nuke2099 posted...
HatchetHound posted...
Do the Dragons in this game even HAVE a gender? Seeing as how they aren't normal dragons.

The "dragons" in this game anyway aren't dragons. True dragons have four legs and are with/without wings. Wyverns have wings and two legs (Skyrim dragons).

And yeah I always saw "dragons" in this game as genderless but with male attributes. Like orcs/orks from warhammer or 40k.

Hey, bro, guess what? TRUE DRAGONS are whatever the creators of the universe they're in wants them to be.

This is not Warhammer, or LOTR, or DnD. It's TES.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#55TheBestFallerPosted 12/19/2012 3:59:53 PM
turn_based posted...
Nope. I repeat, I'll stand up for facts, not for people. His posting habits and you're claim that he's seeking validation constantly are two different things. You are wrong.

What other reasons are there for his condescending attitude than to assert his sense of superiority?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#56RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 4:02:41 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
turn_based posted...

What other reasons are there for his condescending attitude than to assert his sense of superiority?

The constant influx of idiots and trolls to this board, who are willfully ignorant to the extreme.

You're a great example.
---
#57TheBestFallerPosted 12/19/2012 4:05:00 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
The constant influx of idiots and trolls to this board, who are willfully ignorant to the extreme.

You're a great example.

Sure, that's a "valid" reason to be an deplorable person..
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#58ScodgePosted 12/19/2012 4:06:24 PM
Easier to masturbate to my female character than my male one!

In all seriousness though, I only did it for the speech perk to help make some dough at lower levels.
#59RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 4:08:30 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

You're a great example.

Sure, that's a "valid" reason to be an deplorable person..

I'm sorry you feel that how someone treats trolls on the internet makes them a deplorable person. You have some truly confused standards kiddo.

http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8749-Zecora_searching.gif
---
#60masterpug53Posted 12/19/2012 4:13:37 PM
For me...

20% female empowerment
45% simply makes the story and RP'ing more interesting, especially considering how rare female lead protagonists are even in this day and age.
5% to chuckle at all the instances in which the writers forgot to make the dialogue gender-specific
30% because I am indeed a raging pervert
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.