Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#61turn_basedPosted 12/19/2012 3:14:34 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
turn_based posted...
Nope. I repeat, I'll stand up for facts, not for people. His posting habits and you're claim that he's seeking validation constantly are two different things. You are wrong.

What other reasons are there for his condescending attitude than to assert his sense of superiority?

If he indeed has a 'sense of superiority,' it is truly misplaced, and most mature people who've lived long enough see that. In regards to his condescending attitude, the world is obviously not running low on self-absorbed, impatient and snippy little jerks.

Honestly, you wouldn't suffer one bit if you added him to your ignore list, it's apparent you feel you have enough reason too already anyway.

But know this, being a 'tude Cop on Gamefaqs is an unrewarding and futile attempt. I know, I've tried.
---
Redguards Rule!
#62RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:15:22 PM
I'd like to point out for the record that I do believe turn_based and I have disagreed or argued in more than few cases, so he's certainly not defending me on a personal level.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#63turn_basedPosted 12/19/2012 3:21:19 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
I'd like to point out for the record that I do believe turn_based and I have disagreed or argued in more than few cases, so he's certainly not defending me on a personal level.

You remember those? Wow, I guess it's my turn to sit in the 'feeling validated' chair today! :)
---
Redguards Rule!
#64zeroboboPosted 12/19/2012 3:23:02 PM
ah look, rebel being hostile to everyone for mild statements. it must be a harmless thread.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#65The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/19/2012 3:23:32 PM
In a couple games there's actually an advantage.

Mass Effect Series: Jennifer Hale is a far better voice actor then Mark Meer, especially early on (though he does improve substantially from ME1 to ME3).
Fallout 3: Black Widow. The vast majority of enemies are male, and it has more unique speech then Lady Killer.
Skyrim: Agent of Mara + Black book = +20% / 25% damage against males (the vast majority of enemies).

Also, since it's derived from Fallout 3's engine, I'll mention that Black Widow also gives you a boost in New Vegas, but due to having less perks and more good perks it's a less automatic choice (since in F3 there's no good perks at level 2/3). It's also slightly more balanced between male/female enemies.

That said, I'm playing my first female Skyrim character ever (first because I think 90% of Skyrim's armour looks pretty terrible on them). I just don't play females in most games because I'm a dude - same way I don't play females in my tabletop roleplaying games. I played as FemShep through the entire trilogy because of Jennifer Hale's voice acting though.
#66RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:28:07 PM
zerobobo posted...
ah look, rebel being hostile to everyone for mild statements. it must be a harmless thread.

What? TC comes in acting like an insecure child, I try to refute the notions people have expressed, and *I* get attacked for no reason. Yeah, you sure read the topic well.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#67FredCat07Posted 12/19/2012 3:29:39 PM
I am a male and I am playing as Female Khajiit almost all of the times.

Hell, I even completed Sonic Fighter with only 2 females (Rosy the Rascal and Honey the Cat) and already unlocked all achievements with them.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#68TheBestFallerPosted 12/19/2012 3:29:58 PM
zerobobo posted...

Yeah, let's just continue to make light of it since the mods sure as hell aren't going to do anything aboout it.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#69jrr18Posted 12/19/2012 3:31:29 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
zerobobo posted...

What? TC comes in acting like an insecure child, I try to refute the notions people have expressed, and *I* get attacked for no reason. Yeah, you sure read the topic well.

Well you are the most arrogant person on the board.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#70warior55Posted 12/19/2012 3:34:01 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...
zerobobo posted...
no, most people do play male characters.

however the people who like to show off their characters often play females cus they "dress them up" and such. and "look how pretty my character is".
its kinda creepy.

That's how I feel about it and I felt isolated as if I was the only one thinking that way.

No, you're just insecure.

Gamefaqs white knight brigade to the rescue!!!
---
Halo 4