Do you play in 1st person or 3rd person? and why?

#11zeroboboPosted 12/21/2012 11:26:03 AM
both.

though i'd say its a 70% 3rd person 30% first person.

running around and melee combat is 3rd person, gives you a better view of your surroundings, and its just more fun.

shooting ranged stuff, archery/destruction i usually do in first person since the aiming is better. also some looting and looking around rooms i do in first person.

i switch on a pretty regular basis, im really happy with the vast improvements to 3rd person in skyrim over other bethesda titles.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#12simonbelmont2Posted 12/21/2012 11:27:30 AM
zerobobo posted...
both.

though i'd say its a 70% 3rd person 30% first person.

running around and melee combat is 3rd person, gives you a better view of your surroundings, and its just more fun.

shooting ranged stuff, archery/destruction i usually do in first person since the aiming is better. also some looting and looking around rooms i do in first person.

i switch on a pretty regular basis, im really happy with the vast improvements to 3rd person in skyrim over other bethesda titles.

I agree.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#13hellslingerPosted 12/21/2012 11:28:16 AM
Both
---
http://i.imgur.com/6oqZA.jpg
#14elburnsoPosted 12/21/2012 11:46:18 AM
3rd Person most of the time, also use 1st Person when I'm checking out stuff on tables to see if there's anything worth stealing and when I have to use a Bow or Crossbow.
#1595_EclipsePosted 12/21/2012 11:53:44 AM(edited)
First. Because that's how I like to play it.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#16DougymcPosted 12/21/2012 11:58:30 AM
I use 3rd unless using archery. I hate 1st person in any game I can customize my appearance.
#17BipBapBamPosted 12/21/2012 11:59:32 AM
1st Person 90% of the time. I only switch to 3rd to check out how my guy's armor looks/when I have to fight stupid spiders.
---
"God, will you tell people who wear life jackets while they are boating that they are garbage?" - Superman070776
#18JohnnyG118Posted 12/21/2012 11:59:48 AM
I'm honestly a bit surprised at the number of people using third person. I use first person exclusively, only ever changing to third person if I want to view my character and see how the gear looks on them.

The game was clearly designed with first person in mind, at least on console. With PC where you can use the mouse to point and click at objects you want, I could see it working... but on console it's too much hassle to try and orient your view so you pick up the potion on the table, but not the bowl and cup immediately adjacent.

I also find that first person adds to the immersion factor.
#19simonbelmont2Posted 12/21/2012 12:02:45 PM
JohnnyG118 posted...
I'm honestly a bit surprised at the number of people using third person. I use first person exclusively, only ever changing to third person if I want to view my character and see how the gear looks on them.

The game was clearly designed with first person in mind, at least on console. With PC where you can use the mouse to point and click at objects you want, I could see it working... but on console it's too much hassle to try and orient your view so you pick up the potion on the table, but not the bowl and cup immediately adjacent.

I also find that first person adds to the immersion factor.

First person does add to the immersion factor. It also makes it easier to pick things up. I still love third person though.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#20casimirneyPosted 12/21/2012 12:07:29 PM
I only swift to first person to pick up items or activate a troublesome switch.

I've gotten good enough at aiming I third person to not bother switching.