Paarth is a time-bomb.(spoilers)

#31Spartan_VicePosted 12/24/2012 2:35:21 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...
This is, of course, not counting the fact that Parthurnaax himself tells you that he can't be trusted and implies that the Last Dragonborn should off him.

No he does not imply that. He's just a philosophical bro like that.

Probably why Socrates was killed. Lesson for the kiddies: Don't be a philosopher, or dragon... or both.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
Quoting something that sounds intelligent does not stop you from looking like an idiot.
#32Tequila_ShotPosted 12/24/2012 2:35:28 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...
This is, of course, not counting the fact that Parthurnaax himself tells you that he can't be trusted and implies that the Last Dragonborn should off him.

Rebel, we've had this conversation before and the only thing you proved is that unless it's explicitly stated in no uncertain terms, you vehemently deny it's very existence.

He knows that you were sent to kill him. He, himself, says he's not to be trusted. He agrees with the Blades' opinion of him. Any person with a brain would take that as an implication of him accepting his fate. That's what I took away from that conversation with him, and I really couldn't give two ****s whether you like it or not.
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#33The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/24/2012 2:40:04 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...

Rebel, we've had this conversation before and the only thing you proved is that unless it's explicitly stated in no uncertain terms, you vehemently deny it's very existence.

He knows that you were sent to kill him. He, himself, says he's not to be trusted. He agrees with the Blades' opinion of him. Any person with a brain would take that as an implication of him accepting his fate. That's what I took away from that conversation with him, and I really couldn't give two ****s whether you like it or not.

Hostility aside, he tells you he can understand the blades not trusting him, and goes on to say dragons as a rule should not be trusted. And as he is the exception (only one activly trying to supress his nature), he can not expect anyone else to understand.

He does say its a constant struggle, but he does not specifically state that he thinks he should be killed.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#34RebelElite791Posted 12/24/2012 2:44:14 AM
Lol, someone is quite unnecessarily ragin
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#35Fade_ChokesPosted 12/24/2012 2:50:16 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Schesparn posted...
Posting a different topic full of inevitable Sheo bull**** does not refute it! >:O

Meh, saves me repeating it. I only do one head canon argument a fortnight. No exceptions :p

The nerevarine is immortal in the sense that he is outside of age and immune to disease.

Maybe his immortality goes away after awhile. (There's the pitch...)

How could it?! Corprus is not the flu...
---
The Chief: "...you are also getting a new partner"
Blasto: "Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this one?"
#36Tequila_ShotPosted 12/24/2012 2:53:29 AM(edited)
Tequila_Shot posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...

Hostility aside, he tells you he can understand the blades not trusting him, and goes on to say dragons as a rule should not be trusted. And as he is the exception (only one activly trying to supress his nature), he can not expect anyone else to understand.

He does say its a constant struggle, but he does not specifically state that he thinks he should be killed.

No, it isn't specifically stated. I never said it was. I said it was implied.

And, how much of an exception is he when he knows what he is, and doesn't hesitate to kill you if you show even the slightest hostility towards him, immediately following him saying "yeah, I can understand why the Blades want me dead. Dragons are giant douches."? How "humble" is he when he says things like "How could you understand? You aren't a dragon."? His inborn nature is a lot more prevalant than your denial would have you believe.

I mean, let's look at it from another perspective. Say he DOES go hostile again. He's already begun forming his own Dragon Cult (Greybeards) with powers much greater than those of the common denizens of Skyrim. He's already begun forming his own army of Dragons under the banner of the "Way of the Voice". He's only a few names short of being the next Alduin. The Last Dragonborn is the only foe he has now, since the Last Dragonborn so kindly killed Alduin for him. And, he's just gotta play the "good" guy for the remainder of the Last Dragonborn's life, and nothing's left to stop him. You're mortal, he's not.

Yeah, let's let the new leader of the Dragons and the new Dragon Cult live knowing that once you die, there probably won't be anyone else that could possibly stand up to him. Brilliant idea.
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#37SilentS89Posted 12/24/2012 2:55:48 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...
Yeah, let's let the new leader of the Dragons and the new Dragon Cult live knowing that once you die, there probably won't be anyone else that could possibly stand up to him. Brilliant idea.

I, for one, welcome our Cruel Ambitious Overlord.
#38The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/24/2012 3:03:41 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...

No, it isn't specifically stated. I never said it was. I said it was implied.

And, how much of an exception is he when he knows what he is, and doesn't hesitate to kill you if you show even the slightest hostility towards him, immediately following him saying "yeah, I can understand why the Blades want me dead. Dragons are giant douches."? How "humble" is he when he says things like "How could you understand? You aren't a dragon."? His inborn nature is a lot more prevalant than your denial would have you believe.

I mean, let's look at it from another perspective. Say he DOES go hostile again. He's already begun forming his own Dragon Cult (Greybeards) with powers much greater than those of the common denizens of Skyrim. He's already begun forming his own army of Dragons under the banner of the "Way of the Voice". He's only a few names short of being the next Alduin. The Last Dragonborn is the only foe he has now, since the Last Dragonborn so kindly killed Alduin for him. And, he's just gotta play the "good" guy for the remainder of the Last Dragonborn's life, and nothing's left to stop him. You're mortal, he's not.

I do not understand your hostility. And I'm in no mood for a hostile argument.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#39Samaellives91Posted 12/24/2012 4:13:39 AM
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...
Xydru posted...
Schesparn posted...
There's a damn good contingency plan in place: The Dovahkiin. Even if he does harbor thoughts of returning to his evil ways, he knows he couldn't have beaten Alduin, and the Dovahkiin did just that.

Therefore he knows he wouldn't stand a chance, between his atrophied fighting abilities (even if he's still evil, he ain't been doing jack squat for years now) and the strength of the Dovahkiin.

Except that Parthurnaax is immortal, the Dovahkin is not. It'd just be a waiting game for him, not that I believe Paarthurnax would revert to his old ways.

Technically could be immortal if you chose to be a vampire.

And if a Elven Mage, you could live for over 4000 years. Plenty of time for another Dragon crisis to start.
---
Talos is the new Jesus. Spread the word.
#40The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/24/2012 4:14:53 AM
Samaellives91 posted...
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...
Xydru posted...
Schesparn posted...
There's a damn good contingency plan in place: The Dovahkiin. Even if he does harbor thoughts of returning to his evil ways, he knows he couldn't have beaten Alduin, and the Dovahkiin did just that.

Therefore he knows he wouldn't stand a chance, between his atrophied fighting abilities (even if he's still evil, he ain't been doing jack squat for years now) and the strength of the Dovahkiin.

Except that Parthurnaax is immortal, the Dovahkin is not. It'd just be a waiting game for him, not that I believe Paarthurnax would revert to his old ways.

Technically could be immortal if you chose to be a vampire.

And if a Elven Mage, you could live for over 4000 years. Plenty of time for another Dragon crisis to start.

There was a breton mage who was 2000 years old also :p
---