Paarth is a time-bomb.(spoilers)

#41XydruPosted 12/24/2012 4:22:46 AM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Samaellives91 posted...
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...
Xydru posted...
Schesparn posted...
There's a damn good contingency plan in place: The Dovahkiin. Even if he does harbor thoughts of returning to his evil ways, he knows he couldn't have beaten Alduin, and the Dovahkiin did just that.

Therefore he knows he wouldn't stand a chance, between his atrophied fighting abilities (even if he's still evil, he ain't been doing jack squat for years now) and the strength of the Dovahkiin.

Except that Parthurnaax is immortal, the Dovahkin is not. It'd just be a waiting game for him, not that I believe Paarthurnax would revert to his old ways.

Technically could be immortal if you chose to be a vampire.

And if a Elven Mage, you could live for over 4000 years. Plenty of time for another Dragon crisis to start.

There was a breton mage who was 2000 years old also :p

4000 years ain't s*** to someone who's been around since the beginning (or a least ry close to the begining) of time

Vampiric Dragonborn could be a pretty major pothole of Alduin ever shows up to nom the world again and no Dragonborn shows up :0
---
The whorephanage is for whores and orphans, not Michael Jackson -Black Dynamite
#42FredCat07Posted 12/24/2012 4:29:33 AM
darkportal785 posted...
Paarty cannot be trusted. All that power in the hands of one person is too much.

There needs to be a contingency plan in place, or a group formed to protect us from the Just- Paarthurnax in case he goes rogue.

The one said to himself (Dragonborn)
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#43SoulOfFaythPosted 12/24/2012 5:35:27 AM
That's typical human weakness talking. Dragons are strong and don't relapse, we just need to trust them. And besides, who's to say if that's 'bad'? 'Bad' is just another human term with no meaning to Dragons.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#44thor23Posted 12/24/2012 6:03:15 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
That's typical human weakness talking. Dragons are strong and don't relapse, we just need to trust them. And besides, who's to say if that's 'bad'? 'Bad' is just another human term with no meaning to Dragons.

Dragons aren't so strong that they can't lose their way. For example, they're naturally meant to be tyrants, therefore resisting their lust for power is a sign of weakness. Any other dragon would view Paarthy as weak. It's only a matter of time before he reaches for power again.

Xydru posted...
Vampiric Dragonborn could be a pretty major pothole of Alduin ever shows up to nom the world again and no Dragonborn shows up :0

Vampires aren't guaranteed to live forever. They don't age, but they can be killed.
#45ZephyriuumPosted 12/24/2012 6:07:07 AM
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...
Xydru posted...
Schesparn posted...
There's a damn good contingency plan in place: The Dovahkiin. Even if he does harbor thoughts of returning to his evil ways, he knows he couldn't have beaten Alduin, and the Dovahkiin did just that.

Therefore he knows he wouldn't stand a chance, between his atrophied fighting abilities (even if he's still evil, he ain't been doing jack squat for years now) and the strength of the Dovahkiin.

Except that Parthurnaax is immortal, the Dovahkin is not. It'd just be a waiting game for him, not that I believe Paarthurnax would revert to his old ways.

Technically could be immortal if you chose to be a vampire.

Also, he absorbed hundred , maybe thousands of Dragon souls, who are immortal being, maybe he became immortal through that process......
---
Remember dearie, "All magic comes with a price"
#46XydruPosted 12/24/2012 6:12:18 AM
thor23 posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...

Dragons aren't so strong that they can't lose their way. For example, they're naturally meant to be tyrants, therefore resisting their lust for power is a sign of weakness. Any other dragon would view Paarthy as weak. It's only a matter of time before he reaches for power again.

Having studied the Way of the Voice and having centuries over every other dragon to meditate on words, it's likely Paarthurnax is pretty strong.

Also, SoulOfFayth was trying to make a snarky comment because of another topic. Bitter
---
The whorephanage is for whores and orphans, not Michael Jackson -Black Dynamite
#47StilgharPosted 12/24/2012 6:52:01 AM
I seriously doubt it.

Killing the World-Eater is an astounding enough event for mortals. To an Immortal dragon, it has to be all but inconceivable.

Even if he does relapse, the chances of his doing so within Dovahkiin's lifetime (assuming s/he didn't become a Bloodsucking Fangfiend©) are slim; dragons being what they are, I think he'd plot, plan and scheme for a couple of centuries first. Certainly long enough for recent events to pass out of mortals' living memory.

That being said, I could see a Dovahkiin with concerns of such an occurrence embracing Vampirism simply as a means of sticking around to keep an eye out for any winged lizards that think they have a big enough pair to step into Alduin's metaphorical shoes.
#48FOGEDABOUDITPosted 12/24/2012 8:25:46 AM
Technically by that logic the Dovahkiin should off himself because he too has the soul of a dragon. With Alduin out of the way he has nothing stopping him from being the next Miraak.
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#49RebelElite791Posted 12/24/2012 1:20:14 PM
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...
Technically by that logic the Dovahkiin should off himself because he too has the soul of a dragon. With Alduin out of the way he has nothing stopping him from being the next Miraak.

This is really all that should be said in these topics.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#50thor23Posted 12/24/2012 3:25:07 PM
Who's to say that isn't exactly what the Dovahkiin wants? If he/she has the soul of a dragon, wouldn't he/she have the strong desire to conquer everything (including killing Paarth)?