Paarth is a time-bomb.(spoilers)

#71Spartan_VicePosted 12/24/2012 8:56:09 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Why would he join Alduin's side again to when he can sit on the sidelines, watch Alduin get killed, and usurp his position and leader of the dragons, which is exactly what he did . Like seriously, I feel you people who trust Paartharnux haven't read or watched enough stories because Antagonists who trick the protagonist into killing an Antagonist for their power has been happening for a long time, a prime example is The Wizard of Oz.

I guess that's why he's still perched up on the Throat of the World with ol' Odahviing right now, eh?
Besides that, if he wanted to dominate men even a little, he would've corrupted the Grey Beards. He's been their leader, presumably, FOREVER.

And no, he didn't. He wants to make the other dragons adhere to the Way of the Voice, not enslave man/mer kind.

Not a single thing he's ever said hints at him wanting to turn back to his old ways.

Since when did the antagonist have to go, "I am the bad guy now, just so you know, just so we're all clear here, I'm the bad guy now."?
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
Quoting something that sounds intelligent does not stop you from looking like an idiot.
#72XydruPosted 12/24/2012 9:01:55 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Why would he join Alduin's side again to when he can sit on the sidelines, watch Alduin get killed, and usurp his position and leader of the dragons, which is exactly what he did . Like seriously, I feel you people who trust Paartharnux haven't read or watched enough stories because Antagonists who trick the protagonist into killing an Antagonist for their power has been happening for a long time, a prime example is The Wizard of Oz.

I guess that's why he's still perched up on the Throat of the World with ol' Odahviing right now, eh?
Besides that, if he wanted to dominate men even a little, he would've corrupted the Grey Beards. He's been their leader, presumably, FOREVER.

And no, he didn't. He wants to make the other dragons adhere to the Way of the Voice, not enslave man/mer kind.

Not a single thing he's ever said hints at him wanting to turn back to his old ways.

Since when did the antagonist have to go, "I am the bad guy now, just so you know, just so we're all clear here, I'm the bad guy now."?

Since when did the bad guy say "I'm off to spread these teachings to help others better themselves like I did"?
---
The whorephanage is for whores and orphans, not Michael Jackson -Black Dynamite
#73Spartan_VicePosted 12/24/2012 9:05:42 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Since when did the bad guy say "I'm off to spread these teachings to help others better themselves like I did"?

Kane from Command and Conquer
Comrade from Gun X Sword
Mankar Cameron from Oblivion
The Enclave from Fallout
The Legion from Fallout: New Vegas
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
Quoting something that sounds intelligent does not stop you from looking like an idiot.
#74TaigaWilliamPosted 12/24/2012 9:16:52 PM
Xydru posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

I mostly agree with your side of this, but since every cult ever.
#75XydruPosted 12/24/2012 10:08:51 PM(edited)
I'll give ya that last one, I got busy so I didn't feel like typing up a better response. Still don't, so . Yeah..
---
The whorephanage is for whores and orphans, not Michael Jackson -Black Dynamite
#76deadpool223Posted 12/25/2012 12:02:06 PM
Xydru posted...
deadpool223 posted...
>I can be trusted.

> It is always wise to mistrust a dovah.

now what exactly is paarthonax?

hes a!!!!

DOVAH!

why would you trust him when he himself said that you shouldent trust him? he said himself its wise to mistrust dovah, and you believe him because he says you can?

Kinda seems like you're taking his words out of context on purpose, so

Player: The Blades say you deserve to die.

Paaethurnax: The Blades are wise not to trust me. Onikaan ni ov. I would not trust another dovah.

Player: Why shouldn't they trust you?

Paarthurnax: Dov wahlaan fah rel. We were made to dominate. The will to power is in our blood. You feel it in yourself, do you not? I can be trusted. I know this. But they do not. Onikaan ni ov dovah. It is always wise to mistrust a dovah. I have overcome my nature only through meditation and long study of the Way of the Voice. No day goes by where I am not tempted to return to my inborn nature. Zin krif horvut se suleyk. What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

I believe him because he has an incredible wealth of wisdom, and because the Dovahkin would feel the same will dominate as him. If you can be trusted to not enslave, so should he.
If he wanted to enslave men again, he would have returned to Alduin's side and helped him when his temptations were strongest. Possibly the last opportunity he'd get to rule over men again, and instead he decided to help put an end to it (again) and then takes it upon himself to teach other dragons the Way of the Voice. He wants to be a mentor, not a ruler, and share his wisdom.

im not taking it out of context so much as pointing out parts he said, but anyhow, he is very wise indeed, and thats why he doesnt just go "HAH IM REALLY THE BAD GUY SCREW YOU DOVAHKIIN" and try to kill him. he knows you can kick his ass, but he also knows that you an die just like other people, so why would he kill himself fighting you one on one when he could just leave for a while, get up an army big enough, and stomp you like an ant
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#77jeriausxPosted 12/25/2012 12:17:40 PM
If you would condemn someone to death for what they might do, then you would condemn all man (and dragons in this case) and yourself. So I guess is time for you (as Dovahkiin) to commit some geno/suicide.
---
GT: Shovel Hunter
#78deadpool223Posted 12/25/2012 12:27:05 PM
jeriausx posted...
If you would condemn someone to death for what they might do, then you would condemn all man (and dragons in this case) and yourself. So I guess is time for you (as Dovahkiin) to commit some geno/suicide.

well sure, cept mortals arnt immortal flying beasts that return from the dead each time there killed unless killed by a specific person, nor do they have an inborn desire to kill and dominate.
---
#79clone11Posted 12/25/2012 12:42:29 PM
deadpool223 posted...
jeriausx posted...

well sure, cept mortals arnt immortal flying beasts that return from the dead each time there killed unless killed by a specific person, nor do they have an inborn desire to kill and dominate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."
#80deadpool223Posted 12/25/2012 12:44:57 PM
clone11 posted...
deadpool223 posted...
jeriausx posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

well yeah. not to say we dont kill stuff, it just isnt an instinct,
---