Mer races are useless and serve no purpose!

#2195_EclipsePosted 12/24/2012 8:08:25 AM
Don't be absurd, if not for the mer races, who would there be to slaughter?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#22LockeadonPosted 12/24/2012 8:25:48 AM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
marathonplayer1 posted...
Lockeadon posted...
you're adorable when you try to troll <3

lol

I'm being serious. They are not even worthy of being impaled on my sword!

yellow skinned knife ears: a bunch of annoying
a*******, that no one likes.

Dumbmer: slavers who got their ass kicked by everything.

Midgets: I just don't like them.

scrawny hulks: they smell.

Orcs are Elves, I can't stress that enough. And not all Dunmer are slavers! But I hate Falmer, Bosmer, and High Elves. Bretons are the best mages.

not really. magic resistance is useless to a mage cause wards. unless you are a bad mage who needs to spam impact to survive. dragonskin is somewhat useful paired with atronach but more for the magicka restoration than for defence, cause again wards, it does allow for a more agressive playstyle against dragons and other mages cause their spells will feul your spells and you wont need a ward while its up if you also have atronach stone. but bretons are actualy best with builds that wont have a hand free for spellbreaker/ a ward. like dual wielders archers twohander users and of course people who fight transformed. its decent for a mage but if you are good you wont be getting hit as one anyway and there are other choices that dont rely on having other mages and dragons around to be useful. high elves argonians and to a lesser extent orcs are all as good or better that breton for mages. unless you cant dodge or use wards properly i guess,
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#231618dudePosted 12/24/2012 8:55:20 AM
Lockeadon posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
marathonplayer1 posted...
Lockeadon posted...
you're adorable when you try to troll <3

lol

I'm being serious. They are not even worthy of being impaled on my sword!

yellow skinned knife ears: a bunch of annoying
a*******, that no one likes.

Dumbmer: slavers who got their ass kicked by everything.

Midgets: I just don't like them.

scrawny hulks: they smell.

Orcs are Elves, I can't stress that enough. And not all Dunmer are slavers! But I hate Falmer, Bosmer, and High Elves. Bretons are the best mages.

not really. magic resistance is useless to a mage cause wards. unless you are a bad mage who needs to spam impact to survive. dragonskin is somewhat useful paired with atronach but more for the magicka restoration than for defence, cause again wards, it does allow for a more agressive playstyle against dragons and other mages cause their spells will feul your spells and you wont need a ward while its up if you also have atronach stone. but bretons are actualy best with builds that wont have a hand free for spellbreaker/ a ward. like dual wielders archers twohander users and of course people who fight transformed. its decent for a mage but if you are good you wont be getting hit as one anyway and there are other choices that dont rely on having other mages and dragons around to be useful. high elves argonians and to a lesser extent orcs are all as good or better that breton for mages. unless you cant dodge or use wards properly i guess,

So... are you basically saying that you're able to avoid all spells by dodging and the ward can save you every single time?
I'll admit that I don't use wards very much, but what about narrow places or any difficult situation where dodging is very difficult or almost impossible? Besides, I don't actually see the bretons as mages (at least gameplay wise), but as mage killers. I think you went a little too far to believe that orcs can actually be better mages than bretons. They don't even have racial abilities! Well, I don't know, but at least when I'm using bretons, I make good use of their magic resistance and dragonskin.
#24kollie89Posted 12/24/2012 9:10:54 AM
Oh poor TC, my bosmers supperior skill with the bow would defeat him before he even knew I was hunting him <3 merry christmas
#25LockeadonPosted 12/24/2012 9:41:52 AM
1618dude posted...

l
So... are you basically saying that you're able to avoid all spells by dodging and the ward can save you every single time?
I'll admit that I don't use wards very much, but what about narrow places or any difficult situation where dodging is very difficult or almost impossible? Besides, I don't actually see the bretons as mages (at least gameplay wise), but as mage killers. I think you went a little too far to believe that orcs can actually be better mages than bretons. They don't even have racial abilities! Well, I don't know, but at least when I'm using bretons, I make good use of their magic resistance and dragonskin.

i usually use spellbreaker rather than wards unless i know ill be up against mages that cast highlevel spells cause it doesnt drain magicka and works fine against the vast majority of magic and has the added bonus of also increasing physical defence. wards (including spellbreaker's) usually only come into play for me against dragons and the occassional shock using enemies. i usually have no problem dodging other spells. and they are also quite nice for certain traps like those weird things that shoot magic at you or runes set on things. i make it a point to use the terrain to my own best advantage rather then letting my opponents dictate when and where to fight and narrow corridors arent really a problem unless you have several opponents all casting at you at once. in fact you can use them to make sure that happens almost never by spliting the enemy groups and taking them one at a time. so yes, for me i have no problem staying safe between wards and evasion. your mileage of course may vary, and i didnt say bretons arent good defencive mages but rather that their special abilities are better used by other playstyles. the other races i named are all more consistantly useful to mages than bretons because while bretons can be extremely effective in given situations the other races i mentioned are useful in almost any battle situation, the high elves and the argonians should be obvious choices but the orc bears some explaining i guess. think of the orcs as physical tanks whose racial is similar to the bretons except that it also increases physical damage. that makes berserk very handy for mages who generally have a very low health and armor, it also makes whatever backup weapon you use (assuming you have one) twice as effective. now since mages have wards to make magic much less dangerous to them, while having low health and armor the defencive side of the orcs racial it logically more useful to a mage than more magical defenses <3

thats also why bretons are good for builds who wont have access to spellbreaker or wards cause those classes need magical defences more perhaps than physical ones and bretons are great at that. of course orc are extremely effective for physical builds too but more cause of offence than defence. also it still can come in handy of course.
---
#26Billy-De-KidPosted 12/24/2012 9:50:41 AM
Since heavy armor befits mages more than light armor, in my opinion, I was planning on making an Orc mage. It has the proper skills, AND is the coolest looking race.
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.
#27LockeadonPosted 12/24/2012 10:02:37 AM
kollie89 posted...
Oh poor TC, my bosmers supperior skill with the bow would defeat him before he even knew I was hunting him <3 merry christmas

lol @ supperior

and the only thing bosmers get that has any use to archery is the skill bonus to it.

orcs and redguard are both clearly better at it. orcs cause berserk works with archery (and stacks with damage bonuses from stealth) and redguard cause they can snipe long enough to win a battle with a minimal amount of time or effort.
---
#28marathonplayer1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 2:15:28 PM
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...
You know that's funny because you're useless and serve no purpose!

Come to Australia and say that! While I beat the crap out of you with one hand, I wrestle a crocodile with the other!
---
Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!
#29TorlovskPosted 12/24/2012 2:59:40 PM
So, I take it you don't find much value or worth in all of the Towers that they built?
#30icegamemaster87Posted 12/24/2012 3:55:38 PM
some elve races r good but i play a nord because i duel wield
---
SSBB fc: 1635-6933-0425
Nickname: Ina 3DS: 4425-1876-5105