Things from Fable that would improve this game

#31WinkingBalotell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 11:15:01 AM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
WinkingBalotell posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
For guns and magic to be balanced, the guns would have to be Muzzle Loaders, such as muskets. Why have a slow reloading piece of crap when you can have the rapid fire of a bow?

Yes, because it's not like we replaced bows with guns in real life...

Anyone who was stupid enough to use a Musket instead of a Bow wasn't going to last long anyway. Muskets were only scary or intimidating, in my opinion, when there were platoons of people with them. 1 skilled guy with a bow and arrows can easily take out 3 skilled guys with muskets.

Do you understand that, in The Elder Scrolls, there are military battles? And that they would prefer guns for the same reason that real armies did in real life? Eventually, the guns would evolve into automatic weapons, at which point it's not even a contest. A gun, if aimed properly, beats a bow and arrow every time.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#32Devilanse333Posted 12/24/2012 11:16:20 AM
Hm. Don't recognize the name. Just gonna go ahead and assume this is a well known troll from somewhere and disregard him as such.

You "disregarded" him by posting in his topic? NOT POSTING would have been a better way.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#33NicodaemosPosted 12/24/2012 11:18:48 AM
From: PathlessBullet | Posted: 12/24/2012 10:57:56 AM | #014
I'd like significant morality choices that define your character and how the world reacts to you like in Fable.

No.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#34Billy-De-KidPosted 12/24/2012 11:29:23 AM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
For guns and magic to be balanced, the guns would have to be Muzzle Loaders, such as muskets. Why have a slow reloading piece of crap when you can have the rapid fire of a bow?

Yes, because it's not like we replaced bows with guns in real life...

Anyone who was stupid enough to use a Musket instead of a Bow wasn't going to last long anyway. Muskets were only scary or intimidating, in my opinion, when there were platoons of people with them. 1 skilled guy with a bow and arrows can easily take out 3 skilled guys with muskets.

Do you understand that, in The Elder Scrolls, there are military battles? And that they would prefer guns for the same reason that real armies did in real life? Eventually, the guns would evolve into automatic weapons, at which point it's not even a contest. A gun, if aimed properly, beats a bow and arrow every time.

If there are guns in the next elder scrolls, I will not buy it. Listen some games need guns, sure, but Elder Scrolls is NOT one of them!!! May I recommend Fallout New Vegas? That sounds RIGHT up your alley, I even play it from time to time.
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.
#35Sierra-G719Posted 12/24/2012 11:31:54 AM
Hey I like Fable, I like Skyrim. But if you want Skyrim with guns go play (yes you all saw this coming) Far Cry 3. In all seriousness, the only thing that Skyrim could pick up from Fable is Clothing options, hell Oblivion's clothing options would suffice.
#36Dr_ThroatpunchPosted 12/24/2012 11:34:12 AM
It would be cool to have non-pointless marriage and the ability to have children.
#37jaoman69Posted 12/24/2012 12:29:22 PM
sex and nothing else
#38AnakeriePosted 12/24/2012 12:31:27 PM
Reaver.
---
GT: SqueamishPaper6
Pawn: Shard
#39JartenPosted 12/24/2012 12:39:37 PM
I would've liked it if they made it so you could buy out all the buildings in Skyrim and then rent them out like you could in Fable. At least then you would have something else to spend your gold on with having to buy and then upgrade all the houses.
#40M4nnimalPosted 12/24/2012 12:40:03 PM
Weren't cleavers already in SI, anyway?
---
"A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past."