Things from Fable that would improve this game

#51WinkingBalotell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 2:36:54 PM
jessica73 posted...
Fable (2) also has an infinity better relationship system and character customization (hair/beards/etc and body morphs) wold mean Skyrim would need to track morality and other stuff like combat pref though

hell add property management for every house, not just the one house per hold

Exactly, Jessica Seventy-Three. There are plenty of things that The Elder Scrolls could learn from Fable.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#52MC2011Posted 12/24/2012 2:38:04 PM
You're kidding right?

I figured the "I agree with everyone so far" bit would of gave it away... but just in case....

YES. IT WAS INDEED A JOKE. AS IN I AM NOT SERIOUS WHEN I MADE THAT COMMENT. THAT COMMENT WAS SARCASM. A LIE. A FALSEHOOD. ETC.

Hope that cleared things up.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#53NeoSamuelPosted 12/24/2012 2:38:45 PM
WinkingBalotell posted...
ITT we discuss things from Lionhead's Fable series that would improve The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the XBOX 360, Playstation 3, and Personal Computer gaming systems.

Here I'll start

-Multiplayer
-Co-op
-Guns
-Cleavers
-Cullis gates
-Jack of Blades
-The Crucible

If you have anything else, feel free to voice your opinion. In this thread, we will not insult or exclude people for simply having opinions.

Multiplayer, Sure
Co op, Just treat it as two player multiplayer
Guns, No, crossbows are advanced enough
Cleavers, Sure why not
Cullis Gates, We already have fast travel
Jack of Blades, No... but if someone wants to mod him in as an optional boss I wouldn't care.
The Crucible, Arena mode, yes plz.
---
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.
#54Storm_WalkerPosted 12/24/2012 2:41:58 PM
MC2011 posted...
You're kidding right?

I figured the "I agree with everyone so far" bit would of gave it away... but just in case....

YES. IT WAS INDEED A JOKE. AS IN I AM NOT SERIOUS WHEN I MADE THAT COMMENT. THAT COMMENT WAS SARCASM. A LIE. A FALSEHOOD. ETC.

Hope that cleared things up.

Wonderful. As an afterthought, they should bring back the fame/infamy system from Oblivion. Be nice if my chars could get a reputation that would unlock certain quests instead of just being able to go anywhere and do anything.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
#55Icy_the_penguinPosted 12/24/2012 2:45:47 PM
NeoSamuel posted...
ITT we discuss things from Lionhead's Fable series that would improve The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the XBOX 360, Playstation 3, and Personal Computer gaming systems.

Here I'll start

-Multiplayer
-Co-op
-Guns
-Cleavers
-Cullis gates
-Jack of Blades
-The Crucible

If you have anything else, feel free to voice your opinion. In this thread, we will not insult or exclude people for simply having opinions.

Multiplayer, Sure
Co op, Just treat it as two player multiplayer
Guns, No, crossbows are advanced enough
Cleavers, Sure why not
Cullis Gates, We already have fast travel
Jack of Blades, No... but if someone wants to mod him in as an optional boss I wouldn't care.
The Crucible, Arena mode, yes plz.

Well multiplayer is being added to TES Online so there's that.
Guns? No. The most technologicaly advanced race in the game hadn't even created gunpowder so how would they work? So-called improvements need to make sense.
I miss the arena from Oblivion so yeah I want to see that back

Anything I would take from Fable, the ability to compliment/insult NPCs. Some of those pricks just deserve a face full of flatulence. Yeah I'm talking about you random Whiterun guard who keeps chastising me for using the Thu'um in public.
#56MorvoniPosted 12/24/2012 2:56:43 PM
jessica73 posted...
Fable (2) also has an infinity better relationship system and character customization (hair/beards/etc and body morphs) wold mean Skyrim would need to track morality and other stuff like combat pref though

Exactly, Jessica Seventy-Three. There are plenty of things that The Elder Scrolls could learn from Fable.

TES has HAD a lot more of those things in the past. If anything you are asking for a return to a more traditional TES, as I'm thinking in many ways, TES did these things first.

Banking/loans, Ships, Relationship with the world based on deeds, actions, skills, and character stats, spell making, etc... TES used to be much more involved and in-depth...Oblivion omitted/changed many of those things, Skyrim omitted/changed more. But they were changes/omissions made on purpose.

If you'd like the return of these things in a future TES, maybe you should advocate for that. But, Skyrim was made exactly the way the Devs wanted it with the omission of previous items in TES taken out on purpose. Skyrim is what it is by design.

As for guns and such though..that's just trollin. As you know they have no place in TES. Bows/Magic/Crossbows...these are the projectile weapons one would EXPECT to see in a TES's medieval fantasy setting. Slapping guns in there would change the feel dramatically...unwelcomely. We have enough FF type hybrids with magic and guns.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon
#57WinkingBalotell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 3:05:07 PM
Morvoni posted...
jessica73 posted...

TES has HAD a lot more of those things in the past. If anything you are asking for a return to a more traditional TES, as I'm thinking in many ways, TES did these things first.

Banking/loans, Ships, Relationship with the world based on deeds, actions, skills, and character stats, spell making, etc... TES used to be much more involved and in-depth...Oblivion omitted/changed many of those things, Skyrim omitted/changed more. But they were changes/omissions made on purpose.

If you'd like the return of these things in a future TES, maybe you should advocate for that. But, Skyrim was made exactly the way the Devs wanted it with the omission of previous items in TES taken out on purpose. Skyrim is what it is by design.

As for guns and such though..that's just trollin. As you know they have no place in TES. Bows/Magic/Crossbows...these are the projectile weapons one would EXPECT to see in a TES's medieval fantasy setting. Slapping guns in there would change the feel dramatically...unwelcomely. We have enough FF type hybrids with magic and guns.

What? Morrowind had nothing of the sort. There were no character morphs. Fable created many features that The Elder Scrolls could only dream of at this rate. You also couldn't buy property and rent it out to people, then tax your tenants at ridiculous rates. You couldn't buy stores and then raise prices as you saw fit.

And you say guns wouldn't fit, but there are ROBOTS running around within Dwarven cities. Technology has come a long way in Tamriel, and it's time to replace primitive bows and arrows with more effective firearms.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#58TurboReaperPosted 12/24/2012 3:15:45 PM(edited)
Cleavers and armor color customization. That's it. Fable doesn't even deserve to be mentioned on the same website as even the worst TES game.

edit: also those aren't robots. those are more akin to golems. automonculi or something along those lines is what some people have called them.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#59The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/24/2012 3:12:48 PM
Things from fable that would improve this game?

Nope, can't think of anything.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#60MorvoniPosted 12/24/2012 3:16:06 PM(edited)
What? Morrowind had nothing of the sort. There were no character morphs. Fable created many features that The Elder Scrolls could only dream of at this rate. You also couldn't buy property and rent it out to people, then tax your tenants at ridiculous rates. You couldn't buy stores and then raise prices as you saw fit.

And you say guns wouldn't fit, but there are ROBOTS running around within Dwarven cities. Technology has come a long way in Tamriel, and it's time to replace primitive bows and arrows with more effective firearms.
---------------------------

You are trying to use specifics when I'm talking about overall. Morrowind didn't have tenants and such...Morrowind is NOT FABLE...TES is NOT FABLE. Some of those things you are talking about don't sound like better to me...they sound like different. I'm sure we could find plenty of things that Fable doesn't/didn't do that TES does/did. I don't play TES to play Fable in a different world. Go play Fable if you need a clone.

Those Dwarven machines use steam..obviously some magic as well. They don't use Gas, Gunpowder, and Laserbeams.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon