Question on Infinite Charges for Enchanted Weapons

#1Epik_DeathPosted 12/26/2012 1:42:26 PM
So I have used the restoration, alchemy, enchanting loop to make some good, but not overpowered armor for my main character on master setting. I have Alteration, Destruction, and Conjuration fortified 100%. I want to make a sword that does Chaos Damage and Paralyzes and have it so I don't need to recharge it. I've tried multiple times to make different variations and they always loose charge very quickly. I've tried substituting Chaos Damage for Fire Damage as well, and I've had it where the lead enchantment is Paralyze over the damaging effect and damage leading over Paralyze. It always looses charge. Shouldn't it be holding a full charge either way if I have both Alteration and Destruction fortified 100% or what am I doing wrong?

On a slightly related note does Chaos Damage fall under the school of Destruction or does it fall under Conjuration since the color it glows is purple upon enchanting?

Any and all help is appreciated. =]
#2ilapostaPosted 12/26/2012 1:56:07 PM
Epik_Death posted...
So I have used the restoration, alchemy, enchanting loop to make some good, but not overpowered armor for my main character on master setting. I have Alteration, Destruction, and Conjuration fortified 100%. I want to make a sword that does Chaos Damage and Paralyzes and have it so I don't need to recharge it. I've tried multiple times to make different variations and they always loose charge very quickly. I've tried substituting Chaos Damage for Fire Damage as well, and I've had it where the lead enchantment is Paralyze over the damaging effect and damage leading over Paralyze. It always looses charge. Shouldn't it be holding a full charge either way if I have both Alteration and Destruction fortified 100% or what am I doing wrong?

On a slightly related note does Chaos Damage fall under the school of Destruction or does it fall under Conjuration since the color it glows is purple upon enchanting?

Any and all help is appreciated. =]

When you make the weapon and go to set the number of charges you want use the d-pad and hit the left arrow 1 time so it goes from all zeros to an actual number (regardless of the number). When I do it it goes from all zeros to something like 53467823 charges. I use enchanting potions that add somewhere in the 2 billion percent range increase.

This is what I do. I used to leave it at all zeros and would lose the charges in like 1 or 2 baddies.-Good Luck-
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#3Epik_Death(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 1:59:26 PM
I've tried to move it like you said, and it still consumes charge. I'll try it again and hopefully it will work.

Has this been patched since the Dragonborn DLC?
#4N7Spectre707Posted 12/26/2012 2:10:49 PM
Epik_Death posted...
I've tried to move it like you said, and it still consumes charge. I'll try it again and hopefully it will work.

Has this been patched since the Dragonborn DLC?

It definitely wasn't patched.

Not sure what the problem is. Trying making a sword with JUST fire on it and tell us what happens then.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#5Epik_Death(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 4:57:00 PM
So it appears that if I do it without an enchanting potion it works as it should. But if I do it with a fortify enchanting potion of ~300% then it quits holding a charge. I don't understand why it wont work.
#6N7Spectre707Posted 12/26/2012 5:05:00 PM
Epik_Death posted...
So it appears that if I do it without an enchanting potion it works as it should. But if I do it with a fortify enchanting potion of ~300% then it quits holding a charge. I don't understand why it wont work.

-300%

As in negative?

You probably went too far on the restoration glitch
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#7EmmurePosted 12/26/2012 5:06:47 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Epik_Death posted...

-300%

As in negative?

no the squiggly line is approximately
#8N7Spectre707Posted 12/26/2012 5:10:35 PM
Emmure posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...
Epik_Death posted...

-300%

As in negative?

no the squiggly line is approximately

My guess is that it might still be too powerful. I don't use the restoration loop so I don't really know. My potions are only at 45% and that was after lots of time looping enchanting and alchemy.
---
-MiKe345675