Why is this still number one

#91mcpuppet101Posted 12/26/2012 8:14:50 PM
go do everything on dragons dogma...u get 100hours maybe more if u choose to replay for RPG value.go play skyrim you get 1000+ hours and replay value....(Blows huge raspberry) how is this really a discussion...say i think dragons dogma was a great game worth playing dont downgrade skyrim.
#92VasDeferensPosted 12/26/2012 8:29:20 PM
Because Dragon's Dogma is worse than this. Truly .
---
Nobody believes the official spokesman but everybody trusts an unidentified source .
#93Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 12/26/2012 8:31:28 PM
The one thing Dragons Dogma did right was the battles with the large enemies..... Climbing on them and stabbing at the vital points to cripple or stun the enemy.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#94NightDrifter05Posted 12/26/2012 9:08:35 PM
The best way to answer a question like this is just to say people still enjoy the game. Some people like to just roam around the open world and kill things or people. It's really nothing special making the games appeal last it's just people still enjoy it and evidently they tend to enjoy it more then other title's since it's still number one. I think another reason people are still playing it so much and talking so much about the game is the fact they waited so long for this game.
#9595_EclipsePosted 12/26/2012 9:29:23 PM
This thread had a lot of demonstrations on how to sidestep when caught trolling.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#96jokujokujokuPosted 12/26/2012 9:30:30 PM
Several reasons.

- Skyrim has a lot to it. It has a lot more quests, locations, items, skills, bugs, etc. to make a topic to ask about. A game with more content is generally going to generate more activity on forums. And, although you were content with your 'short' experience, there are many people who will want to complete every single quest. For the completionist, Skyrim will last a lot longer than DD.

- Skyrim was a much higher profile game than DD. It is part of a popular, established franchise. People are more likely to have heard about it than DD, especially a year after release. So the people who don't do a whole lot of research on their games are more likely to pick up Skyrim today than DD.

- It's Christmas time. That means that many of the people that have wanted Skyrim but held off for one reason or another, finally got it as a gift, or found it on sale and purchased it for themselves. So Skyrim sees a spike in traffic. The same is true of DD, but less so because it is a lower profile game.

- The new DLC for Skyrim was recently released. That means a lot of old players coming back to talk about the new DLC. And players of the PC or PS3 version may be coming to inquire about the new DLC, since it won't be released for a little while yet on those platforms.
#97AnakeriePosted 12/26/2012 11:34:53 PM
TC, let me start by saying that I LOVE Dragon's Dogma. Hands down the best combat I've found in years. It's a shame the game doesn't get the respect it deserves because in my opinion it was easily 2012's game of the year.

That said, I still religiously play Skyrim. I love the freedom, the exploration, just the overall experience in general. A year after release and I'm STILL finding new things. Just stumbled across the little inn where you have to find the sword for the ghost. Countless hours and games and I'd never seen it before. Running along the tundra, or coming out of a cave and seeing the Northern Lights above me, it's breath-taking. There are things DD does much better, but it depends on what I'm in the mood for. Stellar combat and the fun of tweaking my pawn, DD without a doubt. Sheer freedom and the ability to just go wild in the tundra, I need Skyrim for that.
---
GT: SqueamishPaper6
Pawn: Shard