Lore wise: Lich vs vampire lord.

#1VscaPosted 12/28/2012 7:48:37 PM
I was looking up some lore. and i came across a vampire description that stated that they are among the strongest undead and that they are slightly weaker than a lich.

So i looked up the page on vampire lords to see if they mentioned them being more or less powerful than a lich but there was no mention.

Does anybody know which is more powerful lore wise? I would be interested to know.
#2Billy-De-KidPosted 12/28/2012 7:52:13 PM
Vsca posted...
I was looking up some lore. and i came across a vampire description that stated that they are among the strongest undead and that they are slightly weaker than a lich.

So i looked up the page on vampire lords to see if they mentioned them being more or less powerful than a lich but there was no mention.

Does anybody know which is more powerful lore wise? I would be interested to know.

I'd say that a FULL blooded vampire would be stronger if not strong as a lich. But that is just a guess, however, I am a GOOD guesser!!!
---
If it bleeds, I can kill it.
They call me....... Tater Salad!
#3Dark_ApostatePosted 12/28/2012 7:56:02 PM
I don't know about that. Vampires suffer weaknesses during daylight and require constant feeding. Not to mention weakness to fire and only an ageless immortality. Liches on the other hand, have no such light or fire weaknesses, and enjoy a near perfect immortality. Even should you defeat a lich, you only destroy the body as his soul returns to a phylactery. Couple that with the minimum requirement of being a master wizard and you have a very potent adversary.
#4Billy-De-KidPosted 12/28/2012 8:06:26 PM
Dark_Apostate posted...
I don't know about that. Vampires suffer weaknesses during daylight and require constant feeding. Not to mention weakness to fire and only an ageless immortality. Liches on the other hand, have no such light or fire weaknesses, and enjoy a near perfect immortality. Even should you defeat a lich, you only destroy the body as his soul returns to a phylactery. Couple that with the minimum requirement of being a master wizard and you have a very potent adversary.

Whoa...................... I revoke my latter comment!
---
If it bleeds, I can kill it.
They call me....... Tater Salad!
#5Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 12/28/2012 8:08:57 PM
I remember a certain Lich in Morrowind that was underneath Mournhold that was hidden in semi secret area that was rather difficult to kill.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#6Jstretch19Posted 12/28/2012 8:13:51 PM
I'd say it has to be Vampire Lord > Lich > regular vampire

Lichs may be powerful, but VLs are on another level entirely.
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#7Abefikus07Posted 12/28/2012 8:17:35 PM

---

I dunno, even on master, i punked Harkon down pretty easily.
---
"The only thing a goverment's good for is getting in a man's way."
GT: BigDamnHero86
#8Jstretch19Posted 12/28/2012 8:21:06 PM
Abefikus07 posted...

---

I dunno, even on master, i punked Harkon down pretty easily.

Gameplay =/= Lore
---
#9Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 12/28/2012 8:24:02 PM
I say named lich == named vampire lord > unnamed lich > unnamed vampire > bandit
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#10jrr18Posted 12/28/2012 8:32:09 PM
There are also different kinds of lich's some of the more powerfull so I think it needs to go by a case by case basis.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101