Did they ever fix kill cams ignoring armor?

#1GenericJoePosted 12/28/2012 10:53:10 PM
Did they ever fix that annoying bug where the kill cam doesn't take damage resistance into account, only Health? It basically made a glass cannon mage/archer build impossible to use. Even with a decent amount of Health, stuff like Deathlord Archers are still incredibly cheap, since kill cams cannot be dodged. Herp derp, keep your health 80%+ at all times or risk an instant unavoidable game over, herp derp. How fun.

I haven't played this game in several months, so I don't know if they have changed this or not.
#2theonyxphoenixPosted 12/28/2012 11:55:53 PM
Killcams will still OHKO you if their damage exceeds your health before damage reduction.
---
Currently testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will, Blessing of the Stag Prince, Augment Ring of Necromancy
#3Tequila_ShotPosted 12/29/2012 12:09:24 AM
This was never a bug in the first place. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it a god damned bug.
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#4darkportal785Posted 12/29/2012 12:11:31 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...
This was never a bug in the first place. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it a god damned bug.

Sadly that is what constitutes as a bug to most people these days.
---
Racist barn. Racist barn. One, two, three, four. Together, we can racist barn
#5GenericJoe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 1:15:24 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...

Then explain to me why it makes sense from a gameplay perspective. Because I genuinely don't understand why this would be considered intended and not a bug. Why should your damage reduction be completed negated when calculating the kill cam? What is the logic behind it? Not rhetorical. Please enlighten my ignorance.

At any rate, thank you, Phoenix for letting me know it's still in. Probably won't bother with purchasing any DLC then. I'll just wait until I can get the inevitable GOTY edition for cheap.
#6RayzoriumPosted 12/29/2012 1:20:14 AM
Yeah, it's pretty obviously a bug.
#7jammymacsterPosted 12/29/2012 1:38:05 AM(edited)
Are we definitely sure that kill cams ignore armour rating? From what I'd observed I thought they just did extra damage, around 2x.

For example, on my most recent playthrough, at the early levels, I was taking almost exactly 50% health from a Bandit per swing but I would frequently kill-cam when they were at max health.
Now this was around level 5, against a regular Bandit in Fur Armour. I highly doubt he had enough armour rating to equate to 50% damage reduction.

Now I'm not saying that kill cams don't ignore armour rating, but I certainly haven't seen anything close to concrete evidence to support it and I've looked around a fair bit.
---
AKA: Valadez
#8The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/29/2012 2:05:49 AM(edited)
I think it might work differently for the PC then it does for NPCs. I can only say from personal experience that I'll be taking like 50 damage per swing and then suddenly be sucked into a kill cam with over 200 HP remaining. So that's not just double damage (or whatever) - it really looks like my DR is being negated.

A PC user on the Bethesda boards went through NPC armour values and there is a tiny handful that have more then like 15% DR (this is why the Mace perks suck). Which is why I think they work differently depending of if you're an NPC or not (since the difference between a hit and a kill cam for me is often huge - even on enemies who are wearing fur with maybe 5% DR). So it looks like it's more then just negated DR. Which is basically why I think kill cams have 2 separate systems - 1 for the PC and 1 for the NPCs.
#9IamI3rianPosted 12/29/2012 2:09:43 AM
jammymacster posted...
Are we definitely sure that kill cams ignore armour rating?

Confirmed by PC modders. I even think it's been fixed too, which would make master worth playing.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#10jammymacsterPosted 12/29/2012 2:14:20 AM
IamI3rian posted...
Confirmed by PC modders. I even think it's been fixed too, which would make master worth playing.

Can you source that? I've searched and searched but can't find any mention of it anywhere apart from this board.
---
AKA: Valadez