Did they ever fix kill cams ignoring armor?

#21jammymacsterPosted 12/30/2012 2:53:22 PM
Nothing?
---
AKA: Valadez
#22theonyxphoenixPosted 12/30/2012 4:42:11 PM
If I had a PC it would be infinitely easier to test such things. We need a way to determine the damage potential of an enemy that can produce a kill cam. Make sure their damage potential exceeds maximum HP. Suit up with a full set of armor and let the enemy wail on you and see if a kill cam occurs. If there is a OHKO at full health then it is confirmed.

I know a few things currently, though. Even with full armor I have had enemies kill cam me. Increasing total health prevents this from happening. Either the enemy is ignoring armor or their damage output critical hits in some way. Either way, the only way to avoid it is to increase maximum health since there is no way to predict or prevent said "critical hits".
---
Currently testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will, Blessing of the Stag Prince, Augment Ring of Necromancy
#23jammymacsterPosted 1/1/2013 1:30:41 PM(edited)
I've got an idea on how to test it, will probably give a try tomorrow as I still can't find any confirmation of kill cams ignoring armour despite seemingly everyone claiming it as fact.
---
AKA: Valadez
#24theonyxphoenixPosted 1/1/2013 6:55:49 PM
I look forward to your findings.
---
Currently testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will, Blessing of the Stag Prince, Augment Ring of Necromancy
#25Zaane1291Posted 1/2/2013 1:53:27 AM
not really sure but could it be a critical hit? >_>
#26RampagingwalrusPosted 1/2/2013 2:04:47 AM
Zaane1291 posted...

Critical hits do such an insignificant amount of damage, that they are essentially worthless.
So no, it is not a critical hit.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#27Tequila_ShotPosted 1/2/2013 4:12:05 AM
GenericJoe posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...
This was never a bug in the first place. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it a god damned bug.

Then explain to me why it makes sense from a gameplay perspective. Because I genuinely don't understand why this would be considered intended and not a bug. Why should your damage reduction be completed negated when calculating the kill cam? What is the logic behind it? Not rhetorical. Please enlighten my ignorance.

You do realize most kill cams hit between the armor right? Such as your head being taken off? I dunno about you, but my copy of Skyrim doesn't have neck armor. If I take a battleaxe to my neck, the boots I'm wearing aren't exactly gonna do jack s*** are they?

Kill cams are the gameplay representation of the enemy hitting you between the armor plates, where you are most vulnerable. Places like the underarm, the neck, or cracking your spine.

But no, you're right. My Dragonplate Boots will prevent my head from being cut off. Makes perfect sense, right? I mean, I'd have to be a complete idiot to think that taking an axe to my exposed neck would result in anything less than my head being taken off.
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#28Arn544Posted 1/2/2013 4:32:58 AM
I love when I get the kill cam as an archer but then my arrow misses, or something gets in the way
#29casimirneyPosted 1/2/2013 4:53:17 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Zaane1291 posted...

Critical hits do such an insignificant amount of damage, that they are essentially worthless.

I've always considered them "real" critical hits, as opposed to the statistically insignificant perky variety.

It's just a shame enemies don't get arrow kill cams. I'd never get hit.
#30The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 5:01:57 AM
casimirney posted...
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Zaane1291 posted...

I've always considered them "real" critical hits, as opposed to the statistically insignificant perky variety.

It's just a shame enemies don't get arrow kill cams. I'd never get hit.

They do.
---
To be announced