20 reasons why skyrim has failed

#1kentuckybobPosted 12/30/2012 4:35:43 PM
1) Cant disable kill cams

2) No respec before leaving helgen keep (forced to watch execution anytime I make new toon)

3) Constant forced 3rd person (horse, werewolf, killcams, using workstations)

4) Poor horseriding, worse than Oblivions. Slow, glitchy sprint sound, awful sprint distance.

5) Bad journal system. No details to information, too reliant on quest markers.

6) Terrible world map, more like a satelite image than a crumpled up map in my back pocket.

7) Unnessesary camera shift when drawing a weapon in 3rd person. Please leave the cam where it is.

8) Immortal NPC's. Much worse than it was in Oblivion.

9) Awful delay when switching between bow/sword in hotkey. Aswell as glitchy draw sound/animation being played twice. A year later without patching this? seriously.

10) Linear dungeons. 90% of dungeons are just straight corridors with no sense of exploration or intimidation. A 2 hour long corridor does not a deep dungeon dive make.

11) Skooma... it could have been a really unique narcotic, but the best they could come up with was a weak stamina potion.

12) No mortar pestle, at the very least let us make basic potions out in the wild. I never carried a glass alymbic for RP reasons, but always had my trusty mortar and pestle.

13) No weapon degredation. Gear maintenence was a whole other dimension one had to consider when going on an adventure.. no reason to take it out.

14) Arrows dissapear after a certain distance. This did not happen in oblivion.

15) No hand to hand skill. And cant block when using the hand to hand you can do.

16) Not 1 single bookshop.

17) No handicaps in the game world. Ie I can walk into windhelm dressed as an imperial, or walk into whiterun as a khajiit. Dont be afraid to penalise players!

18) Blacksmiths cant upgrade gear for you. This is their job, they should be able to improve your gear for a small sum of gold.

19) Rain still passes through shelters. They managed to fix this in the Fallout new vegas expansion set in the canyons.

20) Nirnroots are too loud... in oblivion they were a gentle hum, now I pick them up just to make them sthu.
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#2BigReedPosted 12/30/2012 4:37:35 PM
I can't think of one.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#3Apex1619Posted 12/30/2012 4:39:07 PM
16- you have obviously never been to the college of winterhold
---
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!
#4The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/30/2012 4:40:33 PM
One reason skyrim hasn't failed.

It didn't fail.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#5N7Spectre707Posted 12/30/2012 4:42:34 PM
Some of these are legitimate complaints, and then some are just...weird.

Not sure if trolling...
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#6Apex1619Posted 12/30/2012 4:42:42 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
One reason skyrim hasn't failed.

It didn't fail.

This
---
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!
#7kentuckybob(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 4:42:58 PM
Apex1619 posted...
16- you have obviously never been to the college of winterhold

that is not a bookshop, its a library that sells books to student at the college.
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#8X ProwLPosted 12/30/2012 4:44:12 PM
Seriously?

Go play Morrowind and deal with all the issues that game had instead of complaining about Skyrim and these... minor issues.
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.
#9SabramPosted 12/30/2012 4:44:29 PM
kentuckybob posted...
blah blah blah

Soooo, here's a thought. Go back to playing Oblivion...
---
Official Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram
#10Fisto_Posted 12/30/2012 4:44:57 PM
No.
---
Please assume the position.