20 reasons why skyrim has failed

#81RavensRules69Posted 12/31/2012 5:43:06 AM
2, 5, 15 and 18 are the only ones I agree with in any way. Especially 2.
---
When Jedi need to read PDFs, they use Adobe-Wan Kenobi.
#82PepeSilvia906Posted 12/31/2012 6:13:25 AM
Kar31189 posted...
16)Not 1 single bookshop.
The collage in winterhold has a bookshop. If a shop sells just books and you pay for them in gold what do you call that? A BOOK SHOP!

17)No handicaps in the game world. Ie I can walk into windhelm dressed as an imperial, or walk into whiterun as a khajiit. Dont be afraid to penalise players!
This isent fallout Ok you win theres a handycap and as a Khajit you are no longer allowed in any city you can no longer do quest and they killed you first in helgan the end.

18)Blacksmiths cant upgrade gear for you. This is their job, they should be able to improve your gear for a small sum of gold.
Lazy much? That will take any personality out of your gear and give you such a lack of accomplishment.

19)Rain still passes through shelters. They managed to fix this in the Fallout new vegas expansion set in the canyons.
Again not fallout, not a dealbreaker, and dose this effect gameplay? No!

20)Nirnroots are too loud... in oblivion they were a gentle hum, now I pick them up just to make them sthu.
.....Really......REALLY! takes your tv remote and turns down the TV problem solved or better yet turns it off There problem solved!............

Really? Excusing an obvious, fixable bug by saying "durr it's not Fallout lol"? Talk about fanboyism. I mean, I love Skyrim as much as the next guy, but TC makes a few decent points (as well as several silly ones).
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#83GriffRobertsPosted 12/31/2012 6:19:02 AM
Actually, apparently weather effects having collision (not going through walls) can be sort of taxing on a system depending on how weather is programmed. I know it was like that in Morrowind; there was a Code Patch that offered this, and it put extra strain on the CPU or something. Of course, it's impossible to judge how much now, since any computer could run Morrowind with that patch these days.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#84Ajd_KingPosted 12/31/2012 6:23:47 AM
1. Fair enough.

2. Yeah, should've done the Oblivion thing and given an edit at the end.

3. I don't find that bad.

4. Yeah, heh. RDR it is not.

5. Yes. This game is built around quest markers, which is annoying.

6. I like it.

7. Never noticed. 0.0

8. Yes.

9. Never noticed.

10. Yes. Labyrinthian was a... linear corrider.

11. Would've been cool. There have been some threads about skooma's potential.

12. Would be nice.

13. Would be nice.

14. Would be nice.

15. Would be nice.

16. I think there is, actually.

17. Very true, but Bethesda won't change that. They don't want the player feeling the consequences of their actions, and their game design is pretty open with it.

18. Would be nice.

19. Did they fix it in NV? If so, then they should've done it in Skyrim. I really can't remember if they did though.

20. Never noticed.
#85iDubstepPosted 12/31/2012 6:43:07 AM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
Really? Excusing an obvious, fixable bug by saying "durr it's not Fallout lol"? Talk about fanboyism. I mean, I love Skyrim as much as the next guy, but TC makes a few decent points (as well as several silly ones).

TC does not make a single good point. All he did was nitpick and complain about petty issues and strait up lie about slightly bigger issues, all while trying to say these are the reasons the game failed.

And the guy you're reffering to isn't excusing the tiny little bug, he's just stating how very insignificant it is...

This whole topic is insignificant and I don't understand why anyone is treating it as anything more...
#86GriffRobertsPosted 12/31/2012 6:44:30 AM
TC does not make a single good point. All he did was nitpick and complain about petty issues and strait up lie about slightly bigger issues, all while trying to say these are the reasons the game failed.

And the guy you're reffering to isn't excusing the tiny little bug, he's just stating how very insignificant it is...

This whole topic is insignificant and I don't understand why anyone is treating it as anything more...

Nobody on gamefaqs cares anymore if it's a troll topic. The bait is just too delicious. This isn't the first time it's happened.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#87iDubstepPosted 12/31/2012 7:52:05 AM
GriffRoberts posted...

Nobody on gamefaqs cares anymore if it's a troll topic. The bait is just too delicious. This isn't the first time it's happened.

In all honesty, its gamefaqs culture that is the problem. The whole concept of being "baited" by a topic like this is a joke... what consequences would there be? Gfaqers like to make e-drama over something as insignifact as complaints like this and that's why users can't stay away from seriously responding to topics like this... I hope one day you will all be cured of this horrible disease...
#88masterpug53Posted 12/31/2012 7:59:54 AM
I agree with most things on your list TC, and have my own laundry list of trivialities that would put yours to shame. But I'm not shortsighted enough to say that Skyrim 'sucks,' 'failed,' or even 'is anything less than a great game' because of them.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#89PairedsnakePosted 12/31/2012 8:08:37 AM
iDubstep posted...
GriffRoberts posted...

In all honesty, its gamefaqs culture that is the problem. The whole concept of being "baited" by a topic like this is a joke... what consequences would there be? Gfaqers like to make e-drama over something as insignifact as complaints like this and that's why users can't stay away from seriously responding to topics like this... I hope one day you will all be cured of this horrible disease...

Perhaps you have a point but is it not a touch ironic that you post that in here?
#90MorvoniPosted 12/31/2012 9:35:07 AM
Pairedsnake posted...
iDubstep posted...
GriffRoberts posted...

Perhaps you have a point but is it not a touch ironic that you post that in here?

The idea of the "Troll Topic" is what I call internet terrorism. It puts posters in a damned if you do/damned if you don't scenario. In the first case you are said to "feed" the troll and in the second case you are left "wondering" if it is indeed a troll.

In this case, the TC DOES have both good points and bad points (SEVERAL arguable matters of opinion). Regardless, the only way one would know that the "INTENT" of the TC was to troll, would be to read the TC's mind at the time of the OP's creation.

Why?

Because I/You/We have seen it all before...The TC that starts seriously, then mysteriously claims the post is just a troll after everyone calls him/her stupid.

Or

The idiot/troll who can divine (which is the case here). I reiterate, the idiot/troll who can divine that the TC's intention is to troll. Claiming that the post is a "Troll Topic" thereby holding everyone's thoughts and reactions hostage while empowering internet terrorism when they have no real ****ing clue what the TC's intentions were.

Some of you people have allowed the definition of trolling to grow malignant to the point of destroying people's ability to CHOOSE whether or not to respond to a topic.

If the majority of posters respond to the post legitimately, they take over the character of the thread (<read statement again if it didn't sink in). Whether it was meant to be a troll in the beginning is of little consequence as it is NOT within the power of the TC to orchestrate the character of the topic unless OTHERS allow it to. Likewise, the idiot/troll jackass that can divine and is ALLOWED to degenerate(disrupt) the post into a "Troll Topic" by simple declaration is ALSO a TROLL.

This topic may be stupid, but it is not disruptive and it has flow beyond the TC's control. It is not a Troll Topic unless folks allow it to be. There are plenty of insignificant topics that people CHOOSE to respond to. Insignificance doesn't define a topic as a Troll Topic. Post whenever you want, don't be a sissy.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon