What's up with people being so determined to get rid of fast travel?

#31N7Spectre707Posted 12/31/2012 4:40:30 PM
There's no good argument for getting rid of an optional feature. If someone doesn't like fast travel, just don't use it. Kudos, good for you for playing the game how YOU want to play the game. If you don't mind, I'll go ahead and fast travel and play how I want to play the game. We both win. Why remove an optional feature that many gamers like?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#32UltDeadpoolPosted 12/31/2012 4:47:04 PM
Why the hell do people want to get rid of fast travel? That's just being too extreme; may as well get rid of carriages too since they stop you from running for two hours through Skyrim.

Since fast travel is optional, I'd say the extremists should just not use it.

Shotgunnova posted...
Humanoids were not meant to travel at high speeds. I crouch-walk everywhere to make the experience more enjoyable.

Personally, I like to believe that "Fast Travel" is a form of teleportation utilizing wormholes. What happens is that the travel for me from A to B is instantaneous, but the flow of time continued outside of the wormhole which is why time has passed since traversing the wormhole.
---
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DEADPOOL: Merc with a Mouth
#33tzar_666Posted 12/31/2012 11:32:01 PM
boredom..... just play dragon dogma
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#34namewitheldPosted 12/31/2012 11:40:47 PM
I liked Morrowinds fast travel system/s it was logically consistant and useful.
#35tzar_666Posted 12/31/2012 11:57:52 PM
namewitheld posted...
I liked Morrowinds fast travel system/s it was logically consistant and useful.

alsemies and divine intervention
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#36PanopictonguyPosted 1/1/2013 1:54:07 AM
The point of the argument was lost with new comers..a lot of people complained that Skyrim is empty compared to other games. This is assumed to be the thought process of someone who frequently fast travels. When you suggest then walk from location to location a lot don't have the will power or patients. Without bring able to control themselves and use fast travel in moderation they usually miss out on a large portion if the game, which is the world itself.

Most likely petiole wish for fast travel to be taken or for people like this. It's not really to preserve their experience, because honestly, who cares about their experience. It's really to prevent the spread of misinformation.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#37Arn544Posted 1/1/2013 2:16:39 PM
I think they should eliminate fast traveling from the map but keep carriages and let you travel to any town. (including the small ones)

That way it'll get people close to their objectives but not render every horse in the game useless.
#38RebelElite791Posted 1/1/2013 2:19:41 PM
Arn544 posted...
I think they should eliminate fast traveling from the map but keep carriages and let you travel to any town. (including the small ones)

That way it'll get people close to their objectives but not render every horse in the game useless.

WHY.

WHAT. IS. THE. POINT?

NOBODY. IS. FORCING. YOU. TO. USE. IT.

Do you understand this?
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#39auldfhartePosted 1/1/2013 2:32:43 PM
tzar_666 posted...
boredom..... just play dragon dogma

Great example!
But running for five seconds and then stopping to gasp for air is soooo realistic!(sarcasm)
Could you imagine playing skyrim like that (okay, granted, no mounts in DD either, whereas skyrim does provide transport options).
---
"I have a cunning plan..." Blackadder
#40Arn544Posted 1/1/2013 2:33:47 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Arn544 posted...

WHY.

WHAT. IS. THE. POINT?

NOBODY. IS. FORCING. YOU. TO. USE. IT.

Do you understand this?

Because it's bad game design?

As someone stated earlier quests are designed around this feature, (you are forced to use it)

Getting rid of it would create a better game, it's too hand holdy and other than the pointing at every freaking objective is the worst thing about the game. At least with the carriage you'd have to play gold to fast travel.