Imperials vs Stormcloaks: I think we all know they're both doing it wrong

#1Sierra-G719Posted 12/31/2012 12:27:25 PM
Imperials do not want the empire in shambles. Yet instead of allying with the Stormcloaks (their hot blooded passion can be an asset) they try and put down Ulfric. They are also too ignorant to a "Nord Challenge" and view it as murder when Torygg accepted Ulfric's request.

Stormcloaks or rather Ulfric is a racist... we all know this it's an established fact. And there may or may not hints of him soley wanting the seat of Skyrim's throne, but starting a war with the Empire is the wrong thing to do if he really wanted to free Skyrim from the Thalmor.

Personally, I wonder why the Empire and the Stormcloaks can't create and alliance to drive the Thalmor out of Tamriel all together.

Just by thoughts on the matter.

TL;DR version: Imperials and Stormcloaks should get together and kick Thalmor ass instead of kicking each other's ass.
#2SchesparnPosted 12/31/2012 12:28:39 PM
My personal theory is that's what the canon ending will be. A truce to make them fight back against the Dominion. As I've said before, I don't think Skyrim will ever be part of the Empire again, but I can see them coming to terms against their common enemy.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#3RebelElite791Posted 12/31/2012 12:29:42 PM
Why would they ally with people who are trying to rebel and only make up half a province? They could easily slaughter the cloaks if so desired.

And no, not really. Imperium sine fine.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#4Sierra-G719(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:31:48 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Why would they ally with people who are trying to rebel and only make up half a province? They could easily slaughter the cloaks if so desired.

I'm saying that the Empire and the Stormcloaks both hate the Aldmeri Dominion for messing with Tamriel's affairs. Stormcloaks are decent in a scrap and the only reason the rebelled was because of the Empire's mistake of submitting to the Thalmor.
#5RebelElite791Posted 12/31/2012 12:33:10 PM
Sierra-G719 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

I'm saying that the Empire and the Stormcloaks both hate the Aldmeri Dominion for messing with Tamriel's affairs. Stormcloaks are decent in a scrap and the only reason the rebelled was because of the Empire's mistake of submitting to the Thalmor.

You mean the Empires attempt to buy time so those same asswipes wouldnt be killed?
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#6Sierra-G719(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:35:13 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Sierra-G719 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

You mean the Empires attempt to buy time so those same asswipes wouldnt be killed?

Geez what's your problem with the Stormcloaks? Had the Empire done it's job and not submit to a lesser power the Stormcloaks wouldn't have been founded and the rebellion wouldn't have existed.
#7HolmraPosted 12/31/2012 12:39:12 PM
I think it seemed like a good idea for a polarizing quest until you find out about Ulfric being brainwashed by the evil elf bros (forget their name its been a few months)
---
Mass Effect. Nuff said.
#8Jstretch19Posted 12/31/2012 12:42:34 PM(edited)
RebelElite791 posted...
Sierra-G719 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

That argument would hold more weight if the Dominion hadn't been talking out their ass when they proposed the White-Gold Concordant.

Holmra posted...
I think it seemed like a good idea for a polarizing quest until you find out about Ulfric being brainwashed by the evil elf bros (forget their name its been a few months)

*facedesk*
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#9RebelElite791Posted 12/31/2012 12:44:02 PM
Jstretch19 posted...

That argument would hold more weight if the Dominion hadn't been talking out their ass when they proposed the White-Gold Concordant.

What we know IRL =/= What people know in universe.

Sierra-G719 posted...

Geez what's your problem with the Stormcloaks? Had the Empire done it's job and not submit to a lesser power the Stormcloaks wouldn't have been founded and the rebellion wouldn't have existed.

The Empire made a bid for a temporary peace to prevent what they had every reason to believe would be a thorough steamrolling. A lesser power? Umwat? The Dominion is at least equally matched, if not much more powerful.

I have a problem with shortsighted, prideful religious zealots, IRL and in-game.
---
#10zeroboboPosted 12/31/2012 12:46:44 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Sierra-G719 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

30 years is enough time to literally build and establish NEW cities. raise an entire generation and a half of new soldiers, ect.
if it was say, 5 years? yeah i could buy the whole "we did it to buy time" excuse, but 30? THIRTY?

thats just incompetence and cowardice

thats like the US in ten years suddenly going "now we're ready to start a war with those damn commie bastards in russia!" it'd just make everyone go "huh? that was so long ago".

seriously dumbest excuse ever.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero