most monotonous skill to level? your thoughts (spoilers)

#21WinkingBalotellPosted 1/1/2013 8:15:48 AM
theonyxphoenix posted...
Enchanting.

This. It becomes annoying when you run out of things to disenchant.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#22DocOdinePosted 1/1/2013 9:08:27 AM
GriffRoberts posted...
None of the magic schools are that hard if you can enchant to zero casting cost for some training robes. Using Turn Undead constantly on a Draugr or something really helps.

I can get every magic skill except Destruction and Enchanting to 100 with no enchantments without leaving the College. Destruction be raised to 100 at the Greybeards, also no enchantments. The only skills in this game that require actively fighting are the Armor skills, because master trainers stop at 90.

I agree for lockpicking. My current mage is using thief just so it goes faster. If you buy/steal/loot a large amount, you can just hold the stick and keep snapping them, you get a small XP boost on each one. Takes A LOT of picks though.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#23Unbridled9Posted 1/1/2013 9:09:57 AM
To powerlevel? Armor. Sitting around and having a mudcrab wail on you while you do nothing is simply BORING! I ended up reading a book while I leveled it up.

To normally level? Lockpicking. Even if you didn't have to worry about lockpick durability, there are only so many locks in the game.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#24DocOdinePosted 1/1/2013 9:28:33 AM
Unbridled9 posted...
To powerlevel? Armor. Sitting around and having a mudcrab wail on you while you do nothing is simply BORING! I ended up reading a book while I leveled it up.

To normally level? Lockpicking. Even if you didn't have to worry about lockpick durability, there are only so many locks in the game.

Armor raises faster the more damage you take. Get a shield and a good healing spell, go fight a giant.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#25gOwCoD4Posted 1/1/2013 9:34:53 AM
Honestly? Either Speech or Smithing.

Sure, Smithing is quick, but it's annoying endlessly creating a million stacks of iron daggers. And Speech is a separate annoyance to level up without a glitch of some sort, because after a while you run out of people who you can persuade/intimidate, and shopkeepers never seem to have enough money to buy stuff from you.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#26WinkingBalotellPosted 1/1/2013 9:44:38 AM
Not sure what everyone's problem with lockpicking is. Do you guys just not unlock chests and doors in dungeons? If you do, then it should level at roughly the same rate as your major skills.
---
my name should be winkingbalotelli, the i got cut off :(
#27YumeiBoshiSanPosted 1/1/2013 10:20:38 AM
Lockpick is easy if you're doing it naturally but it takes forever. Sneak can vtake a really long time at high levels and speechcraft seems about as hard
---
A hero in shining armor's called! Gamertag = Nijlpaard, PSN = LordofJade
SFIV: Cammy, Vega, Sakura, Chun Li. Tekken: King, Lee, Kuma. VF5: Lion
#28CitizenSoldier3Posted 1/1/2013 10:46:17 AM
Pickpocket or enchantment both are mid 30's, rarely pickpocket and never prepare when near a enchant,ent table. everything else is 60+. Archery and sneak work together, alteration I did alot of changing ore into gold, I wear light armor (except for bracers), when I finished a location i'd go to white run and smith and sell the stuff (smithing and speech), destruction and restoration I use together (when I dont need full use of destruction). I know I missed afew yet, just dont remember how I paired/leveled them.

Most perks have a partner to level up at the same time, pickpocket and sneak should be a pair. But I started as an archer and went for long shots which kept raising sneak.
#29Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/1/2013 10:54:23 AM
WinkingBalotell posted...
Not sure what everyone's problem with lockpicking is. Do you guys just not unlock chests and doors in dungeons? If you do, then it should level at roughly the same rate as your major skills.

wat

I open every door and chest ever and I get lockpicking at 40 at most by the time I get my main skillz up to 100 lol
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#30jammymacsterPosted 1/1/2013 11:58:46 AM
I agree with lockpicking. I'll lockpick everything and I'll still never get it to 100. I think it's the only skill I've never maxed.
---
AKA: Valadez