in a real world why choose hadvar over ralof?

#101Ajd_KingPosted 1/2/2013 5:37:46 AM
Nova EX posted...
Your chances with Ralof would make you a fugitive but it would mean definite freedom.

But it wouldn't. You know almost nothing of the Stormcloaks at this stage. You don't know what they offer, aside from that they kill kings and love a funny-named god.
#102Nova EXPosted 1/2/2013 5:51:43 AM
Well that's why I said I think it depends on the person you are.

I know many people who would say F-that to Hadvar and go with Ralof because they dont like a looming authoritative figure hanging over them. Youre taking a chance with either figure. But with Ralof its like 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend.'
---
GT: GhostyLasers
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#103Ajd_KingPosted 1/2/2013 5:53:11 AM
Nova EX posted...
Well that's why I said I think it depends on the person you are.

You also said siding with Ralof means you're getting definite freedom, which isn't the case, no matter what your personality type.
#104Nova EXPosted 1/2/2013 6:00:36 AM
Ajd_King posted...

You also said siding with Ralof means you're getting definite freedom, which isn't the case, no matter what your personality type.

By definite freedom, I meant the Stormcloaks didnt have a bounty on your head, therefore no reason to capture or kill you unless after the fact they found you suspicious or useless. So sure they could kill you or do whatever they want, but it would be based on emotion. The Imperials had you captured, randomly, but you were still captured by law. So therefore you were a prisoner by law and according to the ***** commander, executed by law.
---
#105Ajd_KingPosted 1/2/2013 6:02:19 AM
Nova EX posted...
By definite freedom, I meant the Stormcloaks didnt have a bounty on your head, therefore no reason to capture or kill you unless after the fact they found you suspicious or useless. So sure they could kill you or do whatever they want, but it would be based on emotion. The Imperials had you captured, randomly, but you were still captured by law. So therefore you were a prisoner by law and according to the ***** commander, executed by law.

Well that's a mighty odd definition of 'definite' you got there, but fair enough.
#106RampagingwalrusPosted 1/2/2013 6:04:25 AM
Yeah, as far as a person from our world would see, that by escaping with Hadvar, you are still a prisoner, and still sentenced to death.
Just because you escape from Helgen does not mean that you are immediately granted freedom.
Gameplaywise that is indeed what happens, but from an outsider's perspective, that is an unlikely outcome.
A prisoner escaping from a burning prison with the warden, is not a freeman, he is still a prisoner in the hands of the law.

Ralof is your only potential to "escape" to freedom.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#107The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 6:04:31 AM
Ajd_King posted...
Nova EX posted...

Well that's a mighty odd definition of 'definite' you got there, but fair enough.

Filthy n'wahs...
---
To be announced
#108Nova EXPosted 1/2/2013 6:06:59 AM
Well whatever haha, if you want me to take back my use of 'definite' than I will. 'A chanced freedom that at the present time is more than you have with the Imperials'

Personally id go with Hadvar because thats the person I am. Many people would go with Ralof though.
---
#109Cast_SupremacyPosted 1/2/2013 6:11:02 AM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Again right after getting inside the tutorial with Hadvar

"Stormcloaks maybe we can reason with them"

"Hey, look there is a dragon an-"

"IMPERIAL ATTACK"

Compared to Ralof's

"Imperials maybe we can ambush them"

This.

Never really noticed Hadvar saying that before, I always just rushed in.
#110The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 6:14:40 AM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Again right after getting inside the tutorial with Hadvar

"Stormcloaks maybe we can reason with them"

"Hey, look there is a dragon an-"

"IMPERIAL ATTACK"

Compared to Ralof's

"Imperials maybe we can ambush them"

You mean ralofs "imperial soldiers, quick, hide"

And then the imperial captain going "its the escaped prisoners, kill them"

You mean this?