in a real world why choose hadvar over ralof?

#21The_HighPosted 1/1/2013 11:20:04 AM
nativeboi85 posted...
He and the imperials are about to execute you for no reason.. Who in their right mind would folow hadvar to the people trying to kill you

Maybe some of us are able to... y'know... think.

He didn't try to execute you. The empire didn't try to execute you. One horrible commander tried to execute you. And once all hell broke loose and he saw you up and moving he did all he could to help you out.

I swear if more people were able to actually think past the "OMGZ EMPIRE SUCK TRY KILL ME BOO!" thing the Stormcloak cause would be missing one hell of a lot of people.

I'm starting to think the only reason the opening happens that way is because it was the only way the designers could make joining the Stormcloaks seem like a good idea... because it sure as hell doesn't seem like a good idea from any other standpoint.
---
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates
#22The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 11:26:04 AM
The_High posted...
nativeboi85 posted...
He and the imperials are about to execute you for no reason.. Who in their right mind would folow hadvar to the people trying to kill you

Maybe some of us are able to... y'know... think.

He didn't try to execute you. The empire didn't try to execute you. One horrible commander tried to execute you. And once all hell broke loose and he saw you up and moving he did all he could to help you out.

I swear if more people were able to actually think past the "OMGZ EMPIRE SUCK TRY KILL ME BOO!" thing the Stormcloak cause would be missing one hell of a lot of people.

I'm starting to think the only reason the opening happens that way is because it was the only way the designers could make joining the Stormcloaks seem like a good idea... because it sure as hell doesn't seem like a good idea from any other standpoint.

Wouldn't doubt it
#23The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 11:26:49 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Again right after getting inside the tutorial with Hadvar

"Stormcloaks maybe we can reason with them"

"Hey, look there is a dragon an-"

"IMPERIAL ATTACK"

Compared to Ralof's

"Imperials maybe we can ambush them"

Well you know, they were just about to get executed by the imperials, it would make sense for them to think those soldiers aren't coming over for cookies and tea, they just want to defend their lives. While the imperials think 'oh **** we're on equal ground now I'd better try to get out of this'

Point is Stormcloaks don't try to talk their way out and when Hadvar tries to the Cloaks attack him anyway
#24sc_superstarPosted 1/1/2013 11:27:03 AM
To me its all my character, if my character is a Nord I typcally go with Ralof, anything else I go with Hadvar, and like others have said, if Hadvar wanted you dead he didnt have to let you follow him
#25Bob_EsrockPosted 1/1/2013 11:42:44 AM
I'd have gone with Ralof IRL, since that option gets you inside a nice, visually stable, stone castle a lot faster.

But that's just me.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#26The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 11:51:40 AM
Bob_Esrock posted...
I'd have gone with Ralof IRL, since that option gets you inside a nice, visually stable, stone castle a lot faster.

But that's just me.

Hadvar goes inside the armory
#27Spartan_VicePosted 1/1/2013 11:53:53 AM
Why not? Every single adventure I've ever started usually has the Empire putting me in jail or trying to execute me, it's not like anything's changed this time.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#28turn_basedPosted 1/1/2013 11:56:48 AM
'in real life' most here would go with Stormcloaks, simply because of survival instincts would kick in. At the moment, you really have no reason to trust your life into Hadvar's hands due to him wearing the Imperial uniform, Ralof was on the wagon and came off as a pretty decent guy so why not?

In real life.

In the game? Hadvar. Stormcloaks are lewzerz.
---
Redguards Rule!
#29thor23Posted 1/1/2013 11:58:38 AM(edited)
Spartan_Vice posted...
Why not? Every single adventure I've ever started usually has the Empire putting me in jail or trying to execute me, it's not like anything's changed this time.

That's because you're a known horse thief. Don't try to play innocent.
#30crimson_eviscerPosted 1/1/2013 11:58:06 AM
thermopylae posted...
probably in real life we wouldnt think about who to follow as a dragon is burning people to a crisp.

exactly. The first time I sided with Hadvar I was so confused as to which direction was what and when a voice said "to the keep!" I just went that way. I had no idea that who I went with meant anything (my old tv was crappy and when quest updates would appear on the screen they were pretty much unreadable) so I just went with the first dude to offer help, which is probably what anyone would do if a dragon was attacking and their hands were bound and couldn't defend themselves.
---
It's worked so far, but we're not out yet.