in a real world why choose hadvar over ralof?

#31Sierra-G719Posted 1/1/2013 10:58:38 AM
My heart would be would Hadvar... but I would go with Ralof... I'm too lazy to walk that distance.
#32Bob_EsrockPosted 1/1/2013 10:59:05 AM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
I'd have gone with Ralof IRL, since that option gets you inside a nice, visually stable, stone castle a lot faster.

But that's just me.

Hadvar goes inside the armory

Getting to the armory requires a longer trip outside, where the big scary dragon is spewing flames everywhere.

No thanks.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#33thor23Posted 1/1/2013 11:01:50 AM
crimson_eviscer posted...
thermopylae posted...
probably in real life we wouldnt think about who to follow as a dragon is burning people to a crisp.

exactly. The first time I sided with Hadvar I was so confused as to which direction was what and when a voice said "to the keep!" I just went that way. I had no idea that who I went with meant anything (my old tv was crappy and when quest updates would appear on the screen they were pretty much unreadable) so I just went with the first dude to offer help, which is probably what anyone would do if a dragon was attacking and their hands were bound and couldn't defend themselves.

Ditto. I didn't even know there was a choice the first time. I followed Ralof because I heard him tell me to get into the keep, and I wasn't about to wait around for other options.
#34thor23Posted 1/1/2013 11:04:02 AM
Bob_Esrock posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
I'd have gone with Ralof IRL, since that option gets you inside a nice, visually stable, stone castle a lot faster.

But that's just me.

Getting to the armory requires a longer trip outside, where the big scary dragon is spewing flames everywhere.

No thanks.

The doors are about five inches from each other, and the door Hadvar goes in is more in your line of sight when you pass through that archway.
#35SomboSteelPosted 1/1/2013 11:04:14 AM
thor23 posted...
crimson_eviscer posted...
thermopylae posted...
probably in real life we wouldnt think about who to follow as a dragon is burning people to a crisp.

exactly. The first time I sided with Hadvar I was so confused as to which direction was what and when a voice said "to the keep!" I just went that way. I had no idea that who I went with meant anything (my old tv was crappy and when quest updates would appear on the screen they were pretty much unreadable) so I just went with the first dude to offer help, which is probably what anyone would do if a dragon was attacking and their hands were bound and couldn't defend themselves.

Ditto. I didn't even know there was a choice the first time. I followed Ralof because I heard him tell me to get into the keep, and I wasn't about to wait around for other options.

This
#36Spartan_VicePosted 1/1/2013 11:05:48 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Why not? Every single adventure I've ever started usually has the Empire putting me in jail or trying to execute me, it's not like anything's changed this time.

That's because you're a known horse thief. Don't try to play innocent.

Hey, my character's done worse than horse stealing. If I get thrown in jail or sent to the chopping block, I make sure my character has a damnly explicit backstory on why they're there.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#37The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 11:06:00 AM
thor23 posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...

But that's just me.

No thanks.

The doors are about five inches from each other, and the door Hadvar goes in is more in your line of sight when you pass through that archway.

Not to mention Hadvar led you there
#38The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 11:07:32 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Why not? Every single adventure I've ever started usually has the Empire putting me in jail or trying to execute me, it's not like anything's changed this time.

Hey, my character's done worse than horse stealing. If I get thrown in jail or sent to the chopping block, I make sure my character has a damnly explicit backstory on why they're there.

So you steal sweetrolls?
#39Spartan_VicePosted 1/1/2013 11:09:55 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

So you steal sweetrolls?

Oddly enough that is one of the crimes. Grand Theft Pastry.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#40El_VirusPosted 1/1/2013 11:10:21 AM
A_Hairy_Waffle posted...
Bethesda really made the beginning favor the Stormcloaks. That's the reason I've never sided with the Imperials.

I feel the whole game is tilted just enough so you favor the stormcloaks. In the beginning, you have stormcloaks executed, then, in most hold you hear the nords complain about the empire and how they make skyrim suffer. In solitude, you have yet another execution. Tullius armor looks like a skirt (I know it is based on roman armor, but still) and he supports YOUR execution. Lastly, stormcloaks seem to have a noble purpose on their rebellion because they want to keep their tradition, but the empire is the evil entitie that wants to control them.

I always sided with the stormcloaks until I talked to the minorities in windhelm and tell you how racist Ulfric and his lot really are and how happy they are when he is gone.
---
PSN: AbzolutZRO XBL: Abzolut ZRO