in a real world why choose hadvar over ralof?

#41The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 11:14:56 AM
El_Virus posted...
A_Hairy_Waffle posted...
Bethesda really made the beginning favor the Stormcloaks. That's the reason I've never sided with the Imperials.

I feel the whole game is tilted just enough so you favor the stormcloaks. In the beginning, you have stormcloaks executed, then, in most hold you hear the nords complain about the empire and how they make skyrim suffer. In solitude, you have yet another execution. Tullius armor looks like a skirt (I know it is based on roman armor, but still) and he supports YOUR execution. Lastly, stormcloaks seem to have a noble purpose on their rebellion because they want to keep their tradition, but the empire is the evil entitie that wants to control them.

I always sided with the stormcloaks until I talked to the minorities in windhelm and tell you how racist Ulfric and his lot really are and how happy they are when he is gone.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Thalmor_Dossier:_Ulfric_Stormcloak This helped my decision too, as it reveals the Thalmor are pulling Ulfric's strings even though he doesn't know it
#42RyoKaibaPosted 1/1/2013 11:15:46 AM
Side with Hadvar if you want access to better light armor and 2h weapons easier (as well as a nice easy source of ingots early on), and Ralof if you want easier access to heavy armor. That's pretty much my take on it. Hadvar is the better choice unless you really want some Heavy armor early (as the legion captain and several legionares drop heavy armor that's better than Iron Armor).
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#43The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 11:26:05 AM
RyoKaiba posted...
Side with Hadvar if you want access to better light armor and 2h weapons easier (as well as a nice easy source of ingots early on), and Ralof if you want easier access to heavy armor. That's pretty much my take on it. Hadvar is the better choice unless you really want some Heavy armor early (as the legion captain and several legionares drop heavy armor that's better than Iron Armor).

Nice judge of morality there
#44lDarkdrakPosted 1/1/2013 11:34:52 AM
Meh it's not very clear the first time you play the game. I didn't even know I could choose between imperial and stormcloak, I simply followed ralof cuz the imperial wanted to kill me. You can't really know that hadvar is good when you never played the game.
---
Beware, I live!
#45Big_Brownie25Posted 1/1/2013 11:37:19 AM
In the end if a dragon were to attack in real life many of us would get killed long before we get to the point of choosing between Ralof or Hadvar
#46Spartan_VicePosted 1/1/2013 11:40:54 AM
In the end if a dragon were to attack in real life many of us would get killed long before we get to the point of choosing between Ralof or Hadvar

Thank you captain buzzkill.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#47turn_basedPosted 1/1/2013 12:10:54 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
RyoKaiba posted...

Nice judge of morality there

(1) bowl of morality dust + (1) Skyrim horn = *potion failed*

The two simply do not mix...
---
Redguards Rule!
#48SoulOfFaythPosted 1/1/2013 12:42:58 PM
I had no idea there was a choice either the first time, I just went with Hadvar because I'd been following him through town and he was yelling to get inside, so at first I just assumed the Stormcloaks were bad guys, like the Mythic Dawn in the beginning of Oblivion.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#49axman36Posted 1/1/2013 12:51:42 PM
My thinking process was that the Imperials most likely control a large part of Skyrim whereas the Stormcloaks look like they're on their last legs if their leader just got caught the way he did.

I'd rather appease to the empire and have "I helped save one of your soldiers' life in a dragon attack" on my resume then "I broke out of an Imperial execution with a nation rebel."
---
http://i.imgur.com/XoY98.jpg
#50Bob_EsrockPosted 1/1/2013 1:03:58 PM
thor23 posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Bob_Esrock posted...
I'd have gone with Ralof IRL, since that option gets you inside a nice, visually stable, stone castle a lot faster.

But that's just me.

Hadvar goes inside the armory

Getting to the armory requires a longer trip outside, where the big scary dragon is spewing flames everywhere.

No thanks.

The doors are about five inches from each other, and the door Hadvar goes in is more in your line of sight when you pass through that archway.

I'm pretty sure the doorway is a little further than that. And line of sight =/= closer.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?