in a real world why choose hadvar over ralof?

#61thor23Posted 1/1/2013 1:59:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#62Ubergrim3Posted 1/1/2013 2:00:46 PM
RVallant posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
I chose ralof in my first play through. Then I got to windhelm and OH MY AKATOSH did I immediately come to hate the stormcloaks.

The empire is a victim of thalmor aggression, the stormcloaks are just douchebags.

Though it is nothing unusual for the time period both in game and IRL anyway.

I wouldn't go with Haddy boy. His statement that you're not on the list is just that, a statement. He didn't exactly bowl himself over defending you or crying injustice and I really don't see why people hype him up to be the valiant defender he's not.

He does help you escape, and though its hard to hear, tullius does yell at you to get out of there while you can. The empire isn't exactly hell- bent on executing you, just that one c***. There's nothing wrong with choosing ralof, but that shouldn't affect which side you chose in the civil war either.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#63The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/1/2013 2:08:17 PM
In this topic : A handful of imperial soldiers, including their leader, should not represent the entire imperial army.

But a handful of stormcloak affailated CITIZENS, plus some implied inaction, represents the entire stormcloak army.

Logic ---------> window
---
To be announced
#64jjars898Posted 1/1/2013 2:12:12 PM
Because Ulfric is a bigger jerk than Hadvar, Tullius, and the nameless lady who ordered you executed combined. Plus, that lady dies in the fighting against Alduin, doesn't she?
---
Proper grammar (no joke): "Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
#65The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 2:12:44 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Again right after getting inside the tutorial with Hadvar

"Stormcloaks maybe we can reason with them"

"Hey, look there is a dragon an-"

"IMPERIAL ATTACK"

Compared to Ralof's

"Imperials maybe we can ambush them"

You mean ralofs "imperial soldiers, quick, hide"

And then the imperial captain going "its the escaped prisoners, kill them"

He does say they should ambush the Imperials though he says "hide maybe we can ambush them"
#66RPGaddict28Posted 1/1/2013 2:26:03 PM
turn_based posted...
'in real life' most here would go with Stormcloaks, simply because of survival instincts would kick in. At the moment, you really have no reason to trust your life into Hadvar's hands due to him wearing the Imperial uniform, Ralof was on the wagon and came off as a pretty decent guy so why not?

In real life.

In the game? Hadvar. Stormcloaks are lewzerz.

IRL, it's like Hadvar is a police officer, and Ralof was a criminal. Most people would go with Hadvar, IRL
---
Thank God for TeamFourStar
http://thegamecornerstoppage.webs.com I'm the blue one
#67renskyfirePosted 1/1/2013 2:27:45 PM
I always side with the Empire. The reason why? Eh spoilers I guess.

<spoilers>Because the whole civil war was planned by the Thalmar.</spoilers>

To be quite honest there should have been an option to reveal to both sides that they have been played by the Thalmar. The whole reason I pick Empire is I view it as the mostly likely to be able to make a counter attack on the Thalmar and succeed, while with the Stormcloak victory I could see the Thalmar taking out both sides individually. That's just my viewpoint, who knows how it will work storywise.

Anyways to the question on the topic. The first time I had no idea which way I was going, and ended up with Hadvar. Most other times(outside of the one time I considered joining the stormcloaks....changed my mind later lol) I pick him just because I like the Empire more and it is always fun to go from lowly faceless criminal they're about to execute to savior of the Empire, or at least a big hero who helped them out in a big way.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#68The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/1/2013 2:35:18 PM
Rpgaddict28 posted...
turn_based posted...
'in real life' most here would go with Stormcloaks, simply because of survival instincts would kick in. At the moment, you really have no reason to trust your life into Hadvar's hands due to him wearing the Imperial uniform, Ralof was on the wagon and came off as a pretty decent guy so why not?

In real life.

IRL, it's like Hadvar is a police officer, and Ralof was a criminal. Most people would go with Hadvar, IRL

Except from other criminals?
---
To be announced
#69The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/1/2013 2:38:12 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Rpgaddict28 posted...
turn_based posted...

In real life.

Except from other criminals?

Well if you stole a piece of bread who would you go with

cop who may pardon you

or people who are deserters and have committed murder?
#70Apex1619Posted 1/1/2013 2:43:45 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Again right after getting inside the tutorial with Hadvar

"Stormcloaks maybe we can reason with them"

"Hey, look there is a dragon an-"

"IMPERIAL ATTACK"

Compared to Ralof's

"Imperials maybe we can ambush them"

This
---
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!