in a real world why choose hadvar over ralof?

#91PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/1/2013 5:30:58 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Choosing Hadvar is one thing, it can be explained and understood. But jkoinging a faction immediately after having been on their hitlist is beyond explanation.

The only way it all makes any sense to me is that if you got a pardon from Tullius himself because of being Dragonborn.

But IIRC if you head straight to him after Helgen, he gives you some BS excuse as to why he's letting you walk aroiund free whereas yesterday he was gonna chop your head off. It's just bad writing.

Being on their hit list? What are you talking about? They gather up a bunch of criminals and send them to the chopping block, that's what happens in times of war back then, you're either recruited into the military or executed.

Way to take a common expression literally :P Tullius remembers you, you are someone he tried to kill. The point I was making was that Hadvar tells you to show up at the door of the one person in Skyrim with the most reason to kill you and you're supposed to expect nothing bad to happen. They try to rationalize it, but it is beyond reasoning.

As far as being literal with what I said, even if you take it literally, YES you're on their hitlist (and btw, i was gonna type s***list but I didn't). They even ask and take note of your name . You attack a flipping chicken in the game and get a bounty; just because the empire doesn't put one out for you doesn't mean you aren't a "criminal", and those who were at Helgen all of a sudden consider you an innocent free man.

Not trying to argue with ya, just saying.... well I guess I'm just explaining my comment :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#92thor23Posted 1/1/2013 6:20:28 PM(edited)
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Choosing Hadvar is one thing, it can be explained and understood. But jkoinging a faction immediately after having been on their hitlist is beyond explanation.

The only way it all makes any sense to me is that if you got a pardon from Tullius himself because of being Dragonborn.

But IIRC if you head straight to him after Helgen, he gives you some BS excuse as to why he's letting you walk aroiund free whereas yesterday he was gonna chop your head off. It's just bad writing.

Being on their hit list? What are you talking about? They gather up a bunch of criminals and send them to the chopping block, that's what happens in times of war back then, you're either recruited into the military or executed.

Way to take a common expression literally :P Tullius remembers you, you are someone he tried to kill. The point I was making was that Hadvar tells you to show up at the door of the one person in Skyrim with the most reason to kill you and you're supposed to expect nothing bad to happen. They try to rationalize it, but it is beyond reasoning.

As far as being literal with what I said, even if you take it literally, YES you're on their hitlist (and btw, i was gonna type s***list but I didn't). They even ask and take note of your name . You attack a flipping chicken in the game and get a bounty; just because the empire doesn't put one out for you doesn't mean you aren't a "criminal", and those who were at Helgen all of a sudden consider you an innocent free man.

Not trying to argue with ya, just saying.... well I guess I'm just explaining my comment :)

Most of the people from Helgen died, and I'm sure any record of your name went up in ashes. Nobody in the Imperial Legion really knows or cares who you are. There's only about three living soldiers who ever laid eyes on you. Tullius hasn't thought about you once since he left Helgen. If he saw you in the street he wouldn't know who you were. It's incredibly egotistical to think he wants you dead that badly. The only way Tullius would remember you is if you went up to him and said, "Hey, I was at Helgen," at which point he might be on his guard because he realises you're an escaped criminal, but he's not likely to slit your throat immediately before hearing why you came to see him.
#93The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/1/2013 6:10:00 PM
thor23 posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Most of the people from Helgen died, and I'm sure any record of your name went up in ashes. Nobody in the Imperial Legion really knows or cares who you are. There's only about three living soldiers who ever laid eyes on you. Tullius hasn't thought about you once since he left Helgen. If he saw you in the street he wouldn't know who you were. It's incredibly egotistical to think he wants you dead that badly. The only way Tullius would remember you is if you went up to him and said, "Hey, I was at Helgen," at which point he might be on his guard because he realises you're an escaped criminal, but he's not likely to slit your throat immediately before hearing why you can to see him.

Or you know, in fhe game when you say "We have already met" and he goes "you where at helgen".

He does remember you :p
---
To be announced
#94thor23Posted 1/1/2013 6:19:42 PM
He still doesn't recognise you immediately.
#95The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/1/2013 6:25:04 PM
thor23 posted...
He still doesn't recognise you immediately.

But you said he doesn't remember you at all, and only if you tell him exactly who you are. Just pointing out the innaccuracy :p
---
To be announced
#96Spartan_VicePosted 1/1/2013 7:23:01 PM
Does it matter? He's a frigging general and you just so happen to be a nothing that became dovahkiin. I mean honestly, what do you even do at the companions, bring the mead around? *braces for "You quoted that wrong"*
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#97thor23Posted 1/1/2013 7:29:14 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Does it matter? He's a frigging general and you just so happen to be a nothing that became dovahkiin. I mean honestly, what do you even do at the companions, bring the mead around? *braces for "You quoted that wrong"*

You quoted that wrong! "Arrow IN the knee" not "arrow TO the knee."
#98The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/1/2013 8:02:15 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...

*shakes head*

You forgot to brace for, you are born a dovahkiin, you don't become one.
---
To be announced
#99RVallantPosted 1/2/2013 4:02:52 AM
Ubergrim3 posted...
RVallant posted...
Ubergrim3 posted...
I chose ralof in my first play through. Then I got to windhelm and OH MY AKATOSH did I immediately come to hate the stormcloaks.

The empire is a victim of thalmor aggression, the stormcloaks are just douchebags.

Though it is nothing unusual for the time period both in game and IRL anyway.

I wouldn't go with Haddy boy. His statement that you're not on the list is just that, a statement. He didn't exactly bowl himself over defending you or crying injustice and I really don't see why people hype him up to be the valiant defender he's not.

He does help you escape, and though its hard to hear, tullius does yell at you to get out of there while you can. The empire isn't exactly hell- bent on executing you, just that one c***. There's nothing wrong with choosing ralof, but that shouldn't affect which side you chose in the civil war either.

No, I'm not on about the escape, Ralof and the Stormcloaks do the same thing anyway depending on the choice you make.

I'm on about the execution scene, people hype Hadvar up to have actually stand up for you etc when he doesn't do anything of the sort.
---
Way Walkers University CYOA RPG Game -
http://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/way-walkers/
#100Nova EXPosted 1/2/2013 5:35:47 AM
All this talk about Tullius and Ulfric down the road really wouldnt matter though... the topic still remains at its essence... at the given moment of **** going down, who would you go with?

In reality, you would go wherever you felt you were less in danger by the dragon. But of course in the back of your head you would still be remembering the Imperials just tried to execute you.

So I guess it really depends what type of person you are, submissive or defiant. A submissive person would likely go with Hadvar, hoping for the result that ensues, but putting his chances on respecting the law and hopefully being able to redeem oneself after the chaos settles down.

A defiant person would go with Ralof, as I said earlier, figuring the Imperials would just capture you again after the chaos, throw you in jail, and maybe or maybe not release you, and maybe or maybe not execute you. Your chances with Ralof would make you a fugitive but it would mean definite freedom.

I don't think your mind would have the time to think much more rationally than that.
---
GT: GhostyLasers
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.