So I already own the very awesome Fallout: New Vegas

#21DeathMagnetic80Posted 1/1/2013 11:05:23 PM
IMO New Vegas+DLC>Fallout 3+DLC. It's all a matter of opinion, but I liked the setting in New Vegas more, the different factions you can join... and the fact that siding with factions have consequences with other factions. Plus the story telling is better... and the New Vegas weapons seemed cooler. Both are phenomenal, and so is Skyrim.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2012 San Diego Chargers 7-9
#22F_GalikanokusPosted 1/1/2013 11:06:55 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
F_Galikanokus posted...
Ajd_King posted...
marathonplayer1 posted...
fallout 3 is better...

Eh, maybe. It depends whether you want an exploration game set in ES world, or one set in a psuedo-Fallout world. I'm glad we can all agree that NV is above all else, an ugly seaming pile though.

Fix'd

Why should we listen to you.

Your a canadian, you don't have a soul!

Canadian's have soul, just listen to some Dan Hill, that's soulful s*** right there
---
Duke of Nuts - "Lisby, who is at the door?"
Lisby - "Someone who wishes to sack the Nut Castle."
#23jrr18Posted 1/1/2013 11:15:26 PM(edited)
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
F_Galikanokus posted...
Ajd_King posted...
fallout 3 is better...

Eh, maybe. It depends whether you want an exploration game set in ES world, or one set in a psuedo-Fallout world. I'm glad we can all agree that NV is above all else, an ugly seaming pile though.

Fix'd

Why should we listen to you.

Your a canadian, you don't have a soul!

We invented insulin your welcome. And yes new vegas is a steaming pile.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#24CaptainKatsuraPosted 1/1/2013 11:11:18 PM
F_Galikanokus posted...
Ajd_King posted...
fallout 3 is better...

Eh, maybe. It depends whether you want an exploration game set in ES world, or one set in a psuedo-Fallout world. I'm glad we can all agree that NV is, above all else, a goddamn freakin' masterpiece.

Fix'd

Now it's fixed.
---
Herp-a derp
#25jrr18Posted 1/1/2013 11:12:28 PM
CaptainKatsura posted...
F_Galikanokus posted...
Ajd_King posted...
fallout 3 is better...

Eh, maybe. It depends whether you want an exploration game set in ES world, or one set in a psuedo-Fallout world. I'm glad we can all agree that mass effect is, above all else, a goddamn freakin' masterpiece.

Fix'd

Now it's fixed.

Now it's really fixed
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#26gedo24Posted 1/1/2013 11:17:08 PM
If you ask me NV is a cult audience or people who are just looking for something new but, and don't get me wrong I loved it, but it just lacked what made F3 so so so good. NV was a nice change of pace setting and story but it was cut and paste all the way through, the exploration sucked there was hardly anything worth wandering for and the ADS was the only thing keeping combat a tad ahead, hence cut and paste and all. But still people persist on saying its way better than F3. But like I said I love them both there both worth getting but on topic yes definitely get Skyrim way better than NV,

Skyrim>F3>NV in terms of those three only
---
Dovahkiin:making more guards by the arrow
#27Ajd_KingPosted 1/1/2013 11:19:20 PM
gedo24 posted...
If you ask me NV is a cult audience or people who are just looking for something new but, and don't get me wrong I loved it, but it just lacked what made F3 so so so good. NV was a nice change of pace setting and story but it was cut and paste all the way through, the exploration sucked there was hardly anything worth wandering for and the ADS was the only thing keeping combat a tad ahead, hence cut and paste and all. But still people persist on saying its way better than F3. But like I said I love them both there both worth getting but on topic yes definitely get Skyrim way better than NV,

That's probably because you want the Fallout series to be an exploration game like the ES series is.
#28marathonplayer1Posted 1/1/2013 11:19:56 PM
I agree that new vegas is a great game, but the things that made F3 better were:

-the game wasn't so freaking buggy (at least not for me). I have been clipped into so many objects and not being able to get out, that it got to the point where I had to stop playing.

- EXPLORATION! uhh... lets put a drive-in-cinema right the corner of the map and put a few caps there and some 9mm ammo there. Now surround the area with 50 fire geckos! That way the player thinks there is something awesome at the Drive-in.

- towns (even though some only had a few people) were interesting.

-Npcs that I actually wanted to listen too...

-ghoul mask

-the story. It may have been black and white. But new vegas's story was just black. The 4 main factions sucked. There was no 'Good' faction.

-Caesar's Legion: obvious
-NCR: all they care about is gaining more territory. They don't care about their citizens.
-House: Unless it involves the strip, he doesn't give a rat's ass about it!
Yes man: lets leave a robot, who will do whatever anyone says, in charge of the Strip. Of course, that won't end badly.

just a few things.
---
Not changing sig until Master Chief bangs Cortana.
Stared: 1/1/13
#29Ajd_KingPosted 1/1/2013 11:21:26 PM
-Caesar's Legion: obvious
-NCR: all they care about is gaining more territory. They don't care about their citizens.
-House: Unless it involves the strip, he doesn't give a rat's ass about it!
Yes man: lets leave a robot, who will do whatever anyone says, in charge of the Strip. Of course, that won't end badly.

As opposed to the faction's vying for control of the Capital Wasteland, where both are lawful-stupid and on the far ends of the morality spectrum.
#30PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:23:20 PM
Ajd_King posted...
gedo24 posted...

That's probably because you want the Fallout series to be an exploration game like the ES series is.

That and I really don't see how exploring generically textured buildings with thousands of fundamentally useless burnt books and super mutant #4570 can equate to better "exploration" than New Vegas. Certainly it is not as rewarding as the locations in New Vegas have story and more than one enemy type to back them up.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."