So I already own the very awesome Fallout: New Vegas

#71kirklmattyPosted 1/2/2013 2:44:02 AM(edited)
the only NV i played was the playstation version.. and that was just one giant Cluster F*** of framerate drops and freezing.. same thing for skyrim but thats just because bethesda has no clue now to code for playstation and they keep getting payed off under the table to prolong any sort competent maintenance and produce atleast 1 of the 3 DLC for playstation

that said, i dont know 360's performance of NV so i cant say..

JohnRyan1228 posted...
And honestly for me fo3 was even buggier

i had a wondeerful performance experience of Fo3 on the playstation, but NV was broken all to hell on that system.. but Fo3 had a better storyline and character development than NV could ever dream of. not to mention it didnt make your days worth of game time worthless with the Brotherhood of Steel DLC that lets you keep playing after you beat the game.
---
[FfC] PSN: CapNKirkland... also known as CaptainCostco.
I Hate the fact that a loud minority beats the silent majority
#72MrcTOtheJPosted 1/2/2013 2:41:37 AM(edited)
Apex1619 posted...
New Vegas Pro's-
Better Story
Weapons Were Cooler OPINION
Characters Were Far More Interesting- No-Bark Cass Veronica etc
Weapon Mods
Realistic Setting, Humanity is Starting to Rebuild instead of Super Mutants and Raiders Running around doing their shenanigans
Lonesome Road, Old World Blues, Dead Money DLC which are superior to everyone of FO3s DLC except maybe Dead Money
High Number of Quest that were Unique
Ulysses

New Vegas Cons-
Buggy as All Hell in the Beginning
Few NPCs
Little Exploration

Fallout 3 Pro-
Good Exploration
Decent Number of NPCs while rather lackluster
Point Lookout

Fallout 3 Cons-
Story Was Horrible
Lack of Quests
Most Characters were Uniteresting
Mothership Zeta and Operation Anchorage were two of the worst things I've ever played

This is pretty much my list here. Disagree on the Dead Money bit.

I'm Team New Vegas when it comes to it V Fallout 3. Also adding Joshua Graham to the pros list.

Odd thing is I played FO:3 first then went back to the old Fallouts and enjoyed the story allot more with the old ones, FO:3 was still good but IMO felt forced into being a good guy with the main story.

New Vegas while the map was sparse had a better story, better side quests, more intresting NPC's (More not as in more intresting but more of them) while I love both IMO New Vegas is better, in just about every sense. It had that vibe the other ones had where morals where pretty black and white and not as clear cut as ĎGOTTA RESTORE WATER! GOTTA KILL THE ENCLAVE! GOTTA FIND DAD!í Where as in New Vegas you have to pick and chose you can't go 'Happly ever after' nope this is a horrible world and you're gonna have to screw some people over to get somewhere. I like that personally makes me think.

I won't lie FO:3 is loads more fun to explore (though there is a lack of Quests) as a whole, but New Vegas is better in everyother catagory.

I love both, I still play both, but I do prefer New Vegas.
---
You know the feeling you get when you drink the laughter of children from a jeweled chalice while riding a unicorn though a field of rainbows?-Nikore GF on TESV
#73jrr18Posted 1/2/2013 2:42:45 AM
kirklmatty posted...
the only NV i played was the playstation version.. and that was just one giant Cluster F*** of framerate drops and freezing.. same thing for skyrim but thats just because bethesda has no clue now to code for playstation and they keep getting payed off under the table to prolong any sort competent maintenance and produce atleast 1 of the 3 DLC for playstation

that said, i dont know 360's performance of NV so i cant say..

Ah but do you know the difference between skyrim and vegas? Skyrim got patched while new vegas remains a buggy piece of trash and with the DLC installed itís more or less unplayable.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#74Ajd_KingPosted 1/2/2013 2:44:10 AM
jrr18 posted...
Ah but do you know the difference between skyrim and vegas? Skyrim got patched while new vegas remains a buggy piece of trash and with the DLC installed itís more or less unplayable.

Blatant lying doesn't suit you jrr, you can't pull it off.
#75jrr18Posted 1/2/2013 2:53:23 AM(edited)
Ajd_King posted...
jrr18 posted...

A slide show has a faster framerate then my New vegas game I've tried 5 times to do a complete playtrough and every time It getís so unstable near the end game that I quit so I'm not lying when I call new vegas a buggy piece of trash. Your game is not the best fallout and I'm going to bed.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#76Ajd_KingPosted 1/2/2013 3:01:21 AM
jrr18 posted...
Your game is not the best fallout and I'm going to bed.

Yep, it's only better than F3 and F1.
#77synthetiksinPosted 1/2/2013 3:05:17 AM
NV is definitely better than FO3. FO3 doesn't even feel like a real FO game, just a shooter/rpg with FO inspired stuff. NV on the other hand, has the soul of FO games.

FWE (which NV got a lot of it's "upgrades" from) definitely made FO3 amazing though, but even then, NV has the restoration project backing it, which is better than FWE.

OT, buy skyrim. If you like the flow of the new FO games then there's no reason not to.
#78CadaurnyPosted 1/2/2013 3:08:53 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
Only if you enjoy superior games.

He already owns NV though.

I come in to post something and Ajd_King already has me covered. I should just get a script that quotes every post he makes.
---
"Come all you xeno scum and fallen heretics, come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!."
#79kylekillgannonPosted 1/2/2013 3:34:38 AM
Ajd_King posted...
Speaking of NV DLCs, I think I prefer Dead Money to Old World Blues now.

Dead Money is my third favorite. But I feel it doesn't deserve the flack. It's got a great story and atmosphere. And turns the gameplay on its head, and now you're playing a survival horror game. It was an awesome genre shift and I felt utterly brutal sitting at water fountains to rehydrate and get my bearings before I lunged into the fog, or through a field of speakers.

Great feeling. Especially when you walk out with 30 gold bricks.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#80PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:38:04 AM
jrr18 posted...
Ajd_King posted...
jrr18 posted...

A slide show has a faster framerate then my New vegas game I've tried 5 times to do a complete playtrough and every time It getís so unstable near the end game that I quit so I'm not lying when I call new vegas a buggy piece of trash. Your game is not the best fallout and I'm going to bed.

Can Fallout 3 really be defined as a Fallout game though? It tries so hard to pay homage to the originals but it really was Oblivion with guns when all is said and done.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."