So I already own the very awesome Fallout: New Vegas

#81Ajd_KingPosted 1/2/2013 3:46:06 AM
kylekillgannon posted...
Dead Money is my third favorite. But I feel it doesn't deserve the flack. It's got a great story and atmosphere. And turns the gameplay on its head, and now you're playing a survival horror game. It was an awesome genre shift and I felt utterly brutal sitting at water fountains to rehydrate and get my bearings before I lunged into the fog, or through a field of speakers.

Great feeling. Especially when you walk out with 30 gold bricks.

Yeah I really like DM. My only major complaint the first few times around was the speakers which I thought should've been replaced by more conventional traps, but I've kind of lost that now, somehow.

OWB has gotten somewhat worse upon replaying, to me anyway.
#82The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 4:20:41 AM
jrr18 posted...
Ajd_King posted...
jrr18 posted...
Ah but do you know the difference between skyrim and vegas? Skyrim got patched while new vegas remains a buggy piece of trash and with the DLC installed itís more or less unplayable.

Blatant lying doesn't suit you jrr, you can't pull it off.

A slide show has a faster framerate then my New vegas game I've tried 5 times to do a complete playtrough and every time It getís so unstable near the end game that I quit so I'm not lying when I call new vegas a buggy piece of trash. Your game is not the best fallout and I'm going to bed.

I have had WAY more bugs and glitches in any singular elderscrolls game than I had in fallout new vegas. True story.
---
To be announced
#83matu90rkPosted 1/2/2013 4:49:19 AM
Apple and oranges. I love both games.
#84MrcTOtheJPosted 1/2/2013 4:56:23 AM
kylekillgannon posted...
Ajd_King posted...
Speaking of NV DLCs, I think I prefer Dead Money to Old World Blues now.

Dead Money is my third favorite. But I feel it doesn't deserve the flack. It's got a great story and atmosphere. And turns the gameplay on its head, and now you're playing a survival horror game. It was an awesome genre shift and I felt utterly brutal sitting at water fountains to rehydrate and get my bearings before I lunged into the fog, or through a field of speakers.

Great feeling. Especially when you walk out with 30 gold bricks.

Yeah, it was awesome, god and the loot, totally worth it all of that gold, not to mention it was actually creepy those damn, god forgot their names, but those noises the enemy's made...hell even those Holograms creeped me out for some reason, maybe it's because of how they fired beams out of their face after twiching out and puting their hands on their heads...or how they where damn invincible...just scary.

But yeah it had one hell of an Atmoshpere and good NPC's, Chirstine was pretty cool wish I could bring her back to New Vegas though as a follower.
---
You know the feeling you get when you drink the laughter of children from a jeweled chalice while riding a unicorn though a field of rainbows?-Nikore GF on TESV
#85GriffRobertsPosted 1/2/2013 5:13:40 AM
I remember taking the gold bricks in Dead Money. I had the perk for the Subdermal Turbo implants, so I downed all of those (and all the regular Turbo I collected) and made a break for the exit. Seeing everything fall apart in slow motion while I just walked by was the best feeling ever. Dead Money is definitely a great DLC, haters gonna hate.

But Skyrim =/= New Vegas. New Vegas quests are basically CYOAs, and I hate how you're railroaded into following the main quest until you meet Yes Man. Sure, you can go straight from Goodsprings to New Vegas, but watch out for the bugs that are sure to ensue.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#86MrcTOtheJPosted 1/2/2013 5:20:09 AM
I agree you can't really compair Skyrim and New Vegas, I was mainly compairing New Vegas and Fallout 3.

That said I was so happy when I was finally able to get Ultimate Edition of New Vegas and Turbo Started to work right...Best Chem ever.
---
You know the feeling you get when you drink the laughter of children from a jeweled chalice while riding a unicorn though a field of rainbows?-Nikore GF on TESV
#87GriffRobertsPosted 1/2/2013 5:21:49 AM
I was lucky enough to get New Vegas on PC years after it came out. Worked like a charm, and unofficial patches are the greatest thing ever.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#88MrcTOtheJPosted 1/2/2013 5:31:33 AM
Oh I'd love to have it on the PC, played it on the PS3 (I'm one of the lucky ones when it comes to New Vegas on that, works fine most of the time) but yeah I'd love to have it (and this) on PC. But I have a crap PC.
---
#89F_GalikanokusPosted 1/2/2013 9:15:52 AM
Damn I need to stay off gamefaqs when I'm drunk, either way Pathlessbullet you're a terrible troll.
---
Duke of Nuts - "Lisby, who is at the door?"
Lisby - "Someone who wishes to sack the Nut Castle."
#905squadPosted 1/2/2013 9:54:51 AM
Just wanted to thank you all for giving me something to read whilst on the toilet. 9 pages of entertainment here. TC..... buy the game. Its worth it!

That is all