If You Could Pick Another Company Besides Bethesda to Make TES, Who Would it Be

#41cavslax209Posted 1/2/2013 3:44:35 PM
do people overlook that obsidian was only able to produce games like Kotor 2 and NV because they took the whole engine/system from the old devs and were able to focus on adding the depth? its not like obsidian is some vastly superior company to bethesda, they just had more time/resources to work on fleshing out the game.
#42The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 3:45:12 PM
darkportal785 posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
darkportal785 posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
I always love the "I didn't like somethibg so it is factually s***" arguments. Shows you who to take seriously and who lacks mental functions.

I don't like you. You're s***.

Oh its an opinion. Must be true.

It's true, ask Plank.

Look... I'm going to lay it out straight.

I like you... but I'm not "in like" with you...
---
To be announced
#43Wasted854091Posted 1/2/2013 3:45:31 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

That's all I read here
---
Wasted1991
#44The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 3:46:34 PM
cavslax209 posted...
do people overlook that obsidian was only able to produce games like Kotor 2 and NV because they took the whole engine/system from the old devs and were able to focus on adding the depth? its not like obsidian is some vastly superior company to bethesda, they just had more time/resources to work on fleshing out the game.

Nobody claimed that they are vastly superior.

They do npc interaction and dialogue better, bethesda does world better, in my opinion :p
---
To be announced
#45Spartan_VicePosted 1/2/2013 3:47:17 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
I always love the "I didn't like somethibg so it is factually s***" arguments. Shows you who to take seriously and who lacks mental functions.

He's being modest, in the most ironic way possible.

Ths irony must be lost on me :/ I'm all for people having opinions but I just don't understand when people decide they don't like something, so nobody can :/

1. Having to point out explicitly in your opinion, that it's not your opinion and you won't force it others, is merely fishing for praise.

2. After saying "I would never force my opinion on others", going out and implying that other peoples views objectively make them lacking mental functionality, just a tad ironic.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#46The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 3:47:25 PM
Wasted854091 posted...
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

That's all I read here

.. did you honestly expect a topic like this to be any different? :p
---
To be announced
#47RikiazPosted 1/2/2013 3:50:24 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
The amount of Obsidian sickens me, it's like you've never played a game by Obsidian before.

It's like you've never played Fallout: New Vegas before.

Oh, you mean the glitched riddled game that had to be patched by Bethesda in order for it to not be a walking glitch fest? I played that. Also played these: NeverWinter Nights II (Mehhhhh), Alpha Protocol (Travesty), ans KoToR: II (Eh).

Neverwinter Nights II was meh? It was amazing even if Neverwinter Nights was better.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#48Carruth81Posted 1/2/2013 3:51:44 PM
Oh what about Valve? They have a good track record so far
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#49The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/2/2013 3:52:11 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

He's being modest, in the most ironic way possible.

Ths irony must be lost on me :/ I'm all for people having opinions but I just don't understand when people decide they don't like something, so nobody can :/

1. Having to point out explicitly in your opinion, that it's not your opinion and you won't force it others, is merely fishing for praise.

2. After saying "I would never force my opinion on others", going out and implying that other peoples views objectively make them lacking mental functionality, just a tad ironic.

I'm still lost on that first one, personally I like obsidian games, I think your under the impression that I'm trying to white knight here? Thats not the case.

2. I actually said I don't understand why people force their opinions on others as objective fact. Just because YOU don't like something, doesn't mean I have to not like that something.

I get the impression you are trying to say that you don't like obsidian games, so it is now objective fact that obsidian games are horrible... if thats how you think objectivity works... well, good luck.
---
To be announced
#50Spartan_VicePosted 1/2/2013 3:52:58 PM
Oh what about Valve? They have a good track record so far

They can't do it, that would require them to develop sequels beyond the number 2. It'd be in development for decades and then just have a previous version released free-to-play with an updated hats system.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif