smithing grinding

#1kakashibob2Posted 1/2/2013 2:57:09 PM
so ive been trying to work on my smithin using the trainer method in which i get trained and steal my money back i got my smithing to 76 and now the price for the next level is too much for me to steal my pick pocketing is maxed with some perks to assist me and a necklace with 15% pickpocket but its not enough is there another way to grind blacksmithing that dosnt involve hours of crafting thousands of items?
---
i know i cant spell wanna fight about it?
#2CoR02Posted 1/2/2013 3:05:13 PM
Well, did you get the Ancient Knowledge effect? It gives 15% more smithing experience, and you can stack it with [Well] Rested/Lover's Comfort and the Standing Stones. Otherwise, Smithing is one of "those" skills that grinding is really the only way to efficiently level it.

But if you want to keep stealing your money back, get Ice Form. If you pickpocket immediately after the effect wears off you can take the money back with no consequences, even at 0% chance. You can do a similar effect with the Poisoner skill by reverse-pickpocketing a Paralysis poison onto the target. You do not get skillups for this, however.
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 1/2/2013 3:10:05 PM
Ancient Knowledge doesn't improve smithing experience, it slightly improves smithing skill.

- Go Northwest of Whiterun to Halted Stream Camp and find the Transmute Ore tome. Mine Iron ore and transmute it in to silver, then gold, then jewelry to sell for profit.

- Take a follower to the Dwemer ruins beneath Markarth and have them pick up any Solid Dwemer Metal, Bent Dwemer Scrap, and any Plates and Struts you find. Smelt them and make Dwarven Bows.

- Make sure to have the Warrior Stone (and Lover Stone if you have the Aetherial Crown), and any resting bonuses.
---
Currently testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will, Blessing of the Stag Prince, Augment Ring of Necromancy
#477svilPosted 1/2/2013 3:12:15 PM
I would get alchemy and enchanting up before getting smithing up for one simple reason

enchant smithing on 4+pieces of equipment or +5 if you use falmer helmet at maximum plus necromage perk and vampirism + smithing potion should net you one point or near one point when grinding a weapon to legendary (I used glass bows) at level 70+ in smithing
#5Carruth81Posted 1/2/2013 3:15:20 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
- Take a follower to the Dwemer ruins beneath Markarth and have them pick up any Solid Dwemer Metal, Bent Dwemer Scrap, and any Plates and Struts you find. Smelt them and make Dwarven Bows.

Wait thats what all that junk is for? How have I not found out about that in a whole frickin YEAR?
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#6theonyxphoenixPosted 1/2/2013 3:19:10 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dwarven_Metal_Ingot#Dwarven_Metal_Ingot

Not everything can be smelted, though.
---
Currently testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will, Blessing of the Stag Prince, Augment Ring of Necromancy
#7Carruth81Posted 1/2/2013 3:23:08 PM
I seriously thought it was there just for setting fluff. Crazyness.
Anyway what about using the Restoration exploit? Takes a bit of work to start but once you get going its pretty effective
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#8theonyxphoenixPosted 1/2/2013 3:25:47 PM
You can use the Restoration exploit to craft crazy high Fortify Smithing gear which will make your items more valuable and, therefore, give you more experience...but you will spend more time and perks leveling Enchantment and Alchemy then you would straight-grinding smithing.
---