Wishlist for TES VI

#21Bigj089Posted 1/3/2013 2:34:22 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
I for one prefer the option, and I alone want to be the one who determines who lives and who dies. It's my Elderscroll, I'll see it anyway I want. Word.

The problem with that is, suddenly now we have dynamic encounters where NPCs can potentially get slaughtered by anyone. People b**** and moan about NPCs getting killed by vampires and dragons all the time, and those guys aren't even quest essential.

That one I can kind of understand getting a little irked at. But the ones I have to slap my forehead over are the ones that go on killing sprees for no reason or because someone has a nice piece of equipment then cry because theyre dead when they find out they need them for something.

I still think they should go back to non-essential NPCs and just give you a message like they did in Morrowind.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#22GriffRobertsPosted 1/3/2013 2:35:26 PM
Fixed. Trust me on this one. Morrowinds was leaps and bounds better.

Two rings, a necklace, a belt, pants, shirt, left gauntlet, right gauntlet, helmet, left pauldron, right pauldron, cuirass, greaves, and boots were all separate pieces and could be equipped at the same time. Oh and you could have a robe over ALL of that as well.

Hopefully the next gen will be powerful enough to support this and still have a fair amount of NPC action on screen. They would have to completely re-balance the Enchanting system, though. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason we can only wear one ring in the first place.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#23CaIiber345Posted 1/3/2013 2:35:29 PM
Bigj089 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
-Bing back mix & match clothing and armor options from Morrowind. Also, we need to wear two rings again.

-Weapon customization. Let us smith weapons, but choose hilts, grips, blades, etc.

-True house customization.

-More than just horses to ride. Bears, large boars, big cats, whatever large animals exist in the region we go to next. Or at least options to have those types of animals as Familiars.

-This is nit picking, but contextual clothing for NPCs. If I'm in Dawnstar where it's snowy and cold, people and Guards should wear cold weather garments, like the Skaal do.

And a million other little things. :)

Fixed. Trust me on this one. Morrowinds was leaps and bounds better.

Two rings, a necklace, a belt, pants, shirt, left gauntlet, right gauntlet, helmet, left pauldron, right pauldron, cuirass, greaves, and boots were all separate pieces and could be equipped at the same time. Oh and you could have a robe over ALL of that as well.

Very nice. Amendment accepted. I never played Morrowind, so I didn't know you could equip that much gear. That's awesome.

And I don't want NPCs getting killed. I just lost a side quest in Dragonborn because something, somewhere, killed the quest giver, and I really wanted and could have used the quest reward.
---
"Who let this n'wah in here?"
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
#24bearded_moosePosted 1/3/2013 2:35:52 PM
MULTIPLAYER ARENA

i've said this about a thousand times on multiple boards. The arena system from Oblivion is ideally suited to multiplayer battles.

1)you would only play other people in your own "rank"

2)ranks would progress much like Armored Core 4 did...at the end of each month, the top whatever% would advance to the next rank, and the bottom whatever% would be demoted. this occurs across every rank.

3a)weapons and armor would be smithed, like in skyrim (only without the skill tree or +smithing enchantments or potions). each win would get you money, which you'd use to buy MATERIALS (the only actual armor/weapons would be low-defense beginners gear) and then forge your own armor and weapons as you get more materials.
3b)mages would upgrade similarly, only they'd make scrolls and spell tomes instead of weapons. not sure how their armor would work...

4)prizes would be money+random goodies i.e. spell tomes, enchanted rings and amulets... that sort of thing.

OBVIOUSLY there's a lot more refining to be done to this formula to make it actually viable, but the AC4 rank-up system with the Oblivion arena rankings could be the stuff of legends.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12
#25GriffRobertsPosted 1/3/2013 2:40:15 PM
I still think they should go back to non-essential NPCs and just give you a message like they did in Morrowind.

I wouldn't mind seeing an ominous QUEST FAILED float across the screen. That would make it pretty obvious, I reckon. Of course, they'd still have to account for NPCs getting killed in random encounters. Maybe make them like followers, in that only the player can kill them? And have them actually flee for their lives instead of trying to wrestle a dragon? I don't think respawning NPCs or replacements are the right choice, though. I mean yeah, Sigurd should take over Belethor's shop if I stab that guy in his eye, but there needs to be a point where I can screw myself over for being a sociopathic jerk.

fun fact: apparently there are radiant quests and encounters that occur after you kill a random villager, or beat them into submission. Never actually experienced them.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#26Bigj089Posted 1/3/2013 2:44:58 PM
GriffRoberts posted...

I wouldn't mind seeing an ominous QUEST FAILED float across the screen. That would make it pretty obvious, I reckon. Of course, they'd still have to account for NPCs getting killed in random encounters. Maybe make them like followers, in that only the player can kill them? And have them actually flee for their lives instead of trying to wrestle a dragon? I don't think respawning NPCs or replacements are the right choice, though. I mean yeah, Sigurd should take over Belethor's shop if I stab that guy in his eye, but there needs to be a point where I can screw myself over for being a sociopathic jerk.

fun fact: apparently there are radiant quests and encounters that occur after you kill a random villager, or beat them into submission. Never actually experienced them.

Actually the NPC being the only one able to kill them would work. Then there is no one to blame but the player. People would still freak over it but then Id treat them the same way I do anyone else that cant accept the blame for their own mistakes.

Yeah I havnt either but Ive read about them. Like getting a will with you being the benefactor of someone killed, even if you kill them, or a family member hiring some guys to kill you.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#27PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/3/2013 2:45:03 PM
All I want is a few things.

An ACTUAL combat system. Melee sucks. It needs combos beyond "power swings" (which are a total copout from my POV) and possibly localized damge zones, like disabling an emeies sword arm.

A more than mediocre spell selection/magic system. It's barely acceptable as it is.

Quest lines that take longer than an hour or two to become master of an entire organization that would most likely take years to become master of.

Bethesda should start using their brains and never pull a BS stunt like 11 11 11 ever again and give us a finished game no matter how long it takes for crying out loud.

Put MORE content into a SEQUEL rather than LESS like a normal developer.

And lastly, no more drab muted environments. We need to go to one of the four southern provinces, Valenwood, Black Marsh, Elsweyr and/or (preferably) Summerset Isle. I won't be happy with Hammerfell or High Rock.

But that's literally it. Not much to ask for IMO. I feel like Skyrim focused wayyy too much on the map and setting, and not enough on what you're gonna actually do in it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#28jrr18Posted 1/3/2013 2:47:22 PM
Dwemer robot suit or you know my own fortress.
---
Victory over the 2013 zombie apocalypse through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#29Zelda_UzikuaPosted 1/3/2013 2:59:23 PM
It would be interesting to see if they made the 100 skill for two-handers the ability to duel-wield them
---
Travelling beyond the bounds
We have to take that step, What are we waiting for? It's now or never - Z.O.E Theme
#30kylekillgannonPosted 1/3/2013 3:00:48 PM
I want Hammerfell. In all of its expansive splendor. Rolling dessert plains. Bustling shoreline cities. A series of islands to explore on our ships.(I'd want to be able to captain a ship.) And the rich Ra Gada history to explore further.

Possible DLCs in Yokuda, and High Rock? Yes Please.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.