Wishlist for TES VI

#41GriffRobertsPosted 1/3/2013 4:25:50 PM
Not just more voice actors, but better ones. It never feels like the characters are talking to each other, but at each other.

That may just be a result of how the voice acting is recorded. I'm going to venture a guess that each line is recorded separately and then put together to form NPC dialogue, compared to recording a conversation between the two voice actors. It's hard to program the right pacing for natural conversation.

I really like the voice acting in Skyrim. Of course they're going to reuse voice actors, but it's better than the "one race, one voice" VAs in Oblivion.

It was an odd choice casting Jason Marsden for so many Redguards, though.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#42keybladelord12Posted 1/3/2013 4:29:11 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Not just more voice actors, but better ones. It never feels like the characters are talking to each other, but at each other.

That may just be a result of how the voice acting is recorded. I'm going to venture a guess that each line is recorded separately and then put together to form NPC dialogue, compared to recording a conversation between the two voice actors. It's hard to program the right pacing for natural conversation.

I really like the voice acting in Skyrim. Of course they're going to reuse voice actors, but it's better than the "one race, one voice" VAs in Oblivion.

It was an odd choice casting Jason Marsden for so many Redguards, though.

You have a good point. Given the process in which they probably record the voices it would be difficult. I have no problem with the quality in general, I just wish it had a more natural feel. But it's a big ask for a video game, especially one of this size.

The amount of voice actors doesn't bother me too much either. As you said, significantly better than Oblivion.
---
You never should have come here.
#43GriffRobertsPosted 1/3/2013 4:30:56 PM
One thing I'd add is guild requirements. It's a bit silly to be able to become the archmage of the college when your character has no interest or ability in magic. I think morrowind required you to have certain guild-appropriate abilities before you could be promoted. That was good.

I support this, but I like it being quest centric rather than solely skill based. It was annoying having to grind skills to get more quests in the Morrowind Mages Guild. I liked how the Thieves Guild did it, by making you do a ton of thieves guild side jobs (and all of the special jobs, which were awesome) before crowning you Guildmaster. The Winterhold College could have easily achieved that just by requiring the player to complete at least one Ritual Spell quest to become Archmage.
---
#44namewitheldPosted 1/3/2013 4:34:48 PM
I want an exotic location and the same attention to detail this game has.

I dont want to see less stuff just because its next gen.
#45jodiebigballsPosted 1/3/2013 4:35:16 PM
bearded_moose posted...
MULTIPLAYER ARENA

i've said this about a thousand times on multiple boards. The arena system from Oblivion is ideally suited to multiplayer battles.

1)you would only play other people in your own "rank"

2)ranks would progress much like Armored Core 4 did...at the end of each month, the top whatever% would advance to the next rank, and the bottom whatever% would be demoted. this occurs across every rank.

3a)weapons and armor would be smithed, like in skyrim (only without the skill tree or +smithing enchantments or potions). each win would get you money, which you'd use to buy MATERIALS (the only actual armor/weapons would be low-defense beginners gear) and then forge your own armor and weapons as you get more materials.
3b)mages would upgrade similarly, only they'd make scrolls and spell tomes instead of weapons. not sure how their armor would work...

4)prizes would be money+random goodies i.e. spell tomes, enchanted rings and amulets... that sort of thing.

OBVIOUSLY there's a lot more refining to be done to this formula to make it actually viable, but the AC4 rank-up system with the Oblivion arena rankings could be the stuff of legends.

Until I walk in with my Resto-looped Sword of Death and just one-shot everything......
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#46lt519Posted 1/3/2013 4:35:50 PM
Random Loot
#47Flow_149Posted 1/3/2013 4:36:31 PM
jodiebigballs posted...
bearded_moose posted...
MULTIPLAYER ARENA

i've said this about a thousand times on multiple boards. The arena system from Oblivion is ideally suited to multiplayer battles.

2)ranks would progress much like Armored Core 4 did...at the end of each month, the top whatever% would advance to the next rank, and the bottom whatever% would be demoted. this occurs across every rank.

3a)weapons and armor would be smithed, like in skyrim (only without the skill tree or +smithing enchantments or potions). each win would get you money, which you'd use to buy MATERIALS (the only actual armor/weapons would be low-defense beginners gear) and then forge your own armor and weapons as you get more materials.
3b)mages would upgrade similarly, only they'd make scrolls and spell tomes instead of weapons. not sure how their armor would work...

4)prizes would be money+random goodies i.e. spell tomes, enchanted rings and amulets... that sort of thing.

OBVIOUSLY there's a lot more refining to be done to this formula to make it actually viable, but the AC4 rank-up system with the Oblivion arena rankings could be the stuff of legends.

Until I walk in with my Resto-looped Sword of Death and just one-shot everything......

see rule 3a. >.>
#48GriffRobertsPosted 1/3/2013 4:36:49 PM

It just wouldn't be Elder Scrolls without some way to exploit your character to God status.
---
#49kylekillgannonPosted 1/3/2013 4:39:07 PM
I also want to see some Dragons in the next game. Not a great many, but a few. And drive home the fact we're not Dragonborn by having it just sit there, and not burn up and have its soul absorbed.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#50jodiebigballsPosted 1/3/2013 4:45:05 PM
Flow_149 posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
bearded_moose posted...
MULTIPLAYER ARENA

see rule 3a. >.>

Ahh my apologies.
Just read the whole thing quickly whilst getting off the bus
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse