Wishlist for TES VI

#51bearded_moosePosted 1/3/2013 5:01:04 PM
like i said, they would have to limit some things and REALLY define the parameters, but it could be done in such a way as to make it fun... COMPLETELY random battles. sometimes it's 1v1... sometimes it's a triple threat, and sometimes it's 1v1vpack of wolves.

i dunno.... i just REALLY want an MP arena, and the AC4 arena system was phenomenal.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
92EMPIRE92 is my new favorite.1/3/13
#52truesaiyan309Posted 1/3/2013 5:01:43 PM
Spell creation
Online Cooperative play.
More emphasis on staffs. They were such a side note.
Stronger higher level magic. I can do 3x more damage with a great-sword than any magic spell.
Stronger/wider variety of enemies.
Better dungeons. Barrows could have been so much better. They should have been different and covered history of Ancient Nords better than they did. The Ancient Nords should have been trying to out do each other with these things like Pharaohs did.
#53garanPosted 1/3/2013 5:05:15 PM
I want a completely different combat system because that is the biggest weakness with TES games as far as I'm concerned. I love the exploration and characters, but I loathe combat in these games.

Honestly, I wish they would hire the department that made combat for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. That game had smooth, fun combat, and despite the company's downfall that game was basically what Fable should have been.
#54kylekillgannonPosted 1/3/2013 5:08:56 PM
Oh!

And this is WAAAAY left field but I want to make separate characters and be able to place them in the world and interact with them on separate characters.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#55SKYR1MPosted 1/3/2013 5:17:23 PM
Definitely rid of essential NPCs invincibility attack. Make them invincible to the environment/NPCs, but killable to the player I freakin hate essentials.
Also, give more character in guilds. None of that bland, short crap.
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#56TutelarSwordPosted 1/3/2013 5:46:30 PM(edited)
Pretty much the only things I want changed are just something to make it a little more realistic and increase immersion. I want the weapon skills to be changed into blades and blunt again, if not every weapon getting a unique skill (a sword skill, an ax skill, etc.) because a sword and a mace have very different ways of fighting.

Another thing I was is for weapons and armor to have more customization. If you could just choose between 3 or 4 hilts, blades, and designs on them.

They could make something like the blade having a monster on it, or an engraving in either your own language or a language from in game. (Such as having quote in the dragon language or an elf's native language).

The hilts could have different colors for the grip, different styles for the part the keeps an enemy blade from sliding down into your hand (I want to say it's called a cross something), or you could put different gems into them, or a coat of arms for a guild or something (Who wouldn't have liked their sword to show their side of the civil war in Skyrim, or which Great House you joined in Morrowind, or a Daedric Prince or Aedra that you served?)

The different blade shapes could make it so you have a scimitar, a short sword, or a katana. Different blades could have different advantages (especially required if you have that big of a diversity), with different ranges, attack speeds, damage per swing, and different effectiveness against various armors.

Another thing I want them to bring back is weapons and armor degrading. If they won't bring it back to cater to the casual gamers they should AT LEAST have an option for it. I don't see what the big problem is with you just making sure your weapon is in decent shape after smacking it into a rock when you missed that necromancer's head. If they added this in again and my above ideas the blades could have different rates at which they degrade in quality.

And of course no more essential NPCs. I had a nice +50k bounty in Whiterun, and I wanted to end my killing spree by beheading the Jarl, but of course I was not allowed to.
---
Proud Black Hat and Engineer user.
I unfortunately caused several topics about nukes in Black Ops II and made mine talk about STDs. Oppsies?
#57J2006Posted 1/3/2013 5:44:50 PM
it's probably been mentioned (I only read first 10 posts), but I wouldn't mind an optional "Hardcore" mode, like New Vegas had, where you have to eat, drink, and sleep, potions would work over time instead of instantaneous, and arrows would have weight.
---
"You will be judged by what you succeed at, not by what you attempt."
#58GriffRobertsPosted 1/3/2013 5:56:03 PM
Pretty much the only things I want changed are just something to make it a little more realistic and increase immersion. I want the weapon skills to be changed into blades and blunt again, if not every weapon getting a unique skill (a sword skill, an ax skill, etc.) because a sword and a mace have very different ways of fighting.

I would love this if stuff like Blade and Blunt weapons were also functionally different in playstyle. Sure, Blunt and Blade have very different techniques in real life, but they weren't that different in Oblivion or Morrowind. As an alternative, what if they kept the current melee skills (1h and 2h), and simply added way more perks for the different weapon types (that are actually worth taking)? Perks for making Blunt weapons more effective on rigid enemies like skeletons or dwemer constructs, that kind of stuff. I'm just brainstorming here.

I wouldn't mind if they brought back gear degrading, it could add an interesting dynamic to weapons and crafting. At the same time, lugging around a ton of Repair Hammers was a pain in the ass. Maybe if improvements degraded over time, from Legendary down to Exquisite, Exquisite down to Flawless, etc.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#59lindaluvPosted 1/3/2013 6:09:51 PM
An actual battle system that is fun and engaging. Actual game testing to remove all the horrid glitches and bugs... but mainly a proper battle system.
---
Its not just a battery, its DURACELL
#60jodiebigballsPosted 1/3/2013 7:02:26 PM
GriffRoberts posted...

I would love this if stuff like Blade and Blunt weapons were also functionally different in playstyle. Sure, Blunt and Blade have very different techniques in real life, but they weren't that different in Oblivion or Morrowind. As an alternative, what if they kept the current melee skills (1h and 2h), and simply added way more perks for the different weapon types (that are actually worth taking)? Perks for making Blunt weapons more effective on rigid enemies like skeletons or dwemer constructs, that kind of stuff. I'm just brainstorming here.

I wouldn't mind if they brought back gear degrading, it could add an interesting dynamic to weapons and crafting. At the same time, lugging around a ton of Repair Hammers was a pain in the ass. Maybe if improvements degraded over time, from Legendary down to Exquisite, Exquisite down to Flawless, etc.

Love that idea.
Seems strange Beth didn't add something like that instead of getting rid of it altogether.
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse