I think I may have an interesting challenge for you.

#441bassbx891Posted 1/6/2013 10:14:03 PM
govnent posted...
Yep, Gilgamesh of Uruk of course. One of the oldest myths (story maybe) you can find. I am a history geek myself a little. Mostly the politics and gossip, especially bronze and iron age. It is all surprisingly relevant. Seeing as people haven't changed in thousands of years gives me some comfort in the world.

i must be honest. i have never been a big fan of history related topics myself, i find mythology fascinating solely for the same reason i read books, it is very interesting to read and see one persons view on the world and how they chose to make it fantastic.
---
"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"
#442govnentPosted 1/6/2013 10:18:20 PM
Yep your right it is good. Especially when you find mythos that span cultures, then you get to see how different people interpret their world as a whole. Most people see history as dates and times. Dusty ol' boring books. That is true to some extent. I like the day to day of ancient people. How they lived talked. You know the average guys stuff. Such as.

http://www.pompeiana.org/resources/ancient/graffiti%20from%20pompeii.htm

We haven't changed at all. Ha.
#443privialityPosted 1/6/2013 10:22:08 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
govnent posted...
I am trying to humble you rebel. But you will not hear any of it. What right do you have to do it to others?

http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8865-1355522129788791.gif

Oh, dear. You're pathetic.
#444bassbx891Posted 1/6/2013 10:25:53 PM
govnent posted...
Yep your right it is good. Especially when you find mythos that span cultures, then you get to see how different people interpret their world as a whole. Most people see history as dates and times. Dusty ol' boring books. That is true to some extent. I like the day to day of ancient people. How they lived talked. You know the average guys stuff. Such as.

http://www.pompeiana.org/resources/ancient/graffiti%20from%20pompeii.htm

We haven't changed at all. Ha.

whoa, thats interesting. will definitely be looking at this some more
---
"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"
#445RebelElite791Posted 1/6/2013 10:29:24 PM
priviality posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
govnent posted...
I am trying to humble you rebel. But you will not hear any of it. What right do you have to do it to others?

http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8865-1355522129788791.gif

Oh, dear. You're pathetic.

You sound mad, want to talk about it?
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#446LeftyMFRPosted 1/6/2013 10:30:09 PM
MyMockingbird posted...
I also find it interesting that people who play a highly critisized, and demonized, medium like video games will readily bash another medium with no pause in the world, and how boys judge and insult one another on there ability to be attactive to the opposite sex, which, ignorantly, never takes into account that it's entirely opinion based on both sides.
*eats more popcorn*
This is beginning to feel more and more like a mix of March of the Penguins and Jerry Springer lol

There is so much truth in that. I applaud you, Sir/Ma'am :)
---
Life Rule #83:A woman marries a man, hoping he will change. He doesn't. A man marries a woman hoping she will never change. She does.
#447govnentPosted 1/6/2013 10:30:37 PM
Man, I could talk about this stuff all night. I'll save you that pain lol. But ya man, follow your interests. Who gives a rip what people think? I mean there are things that you will grow out of eventually, and some you won't, but that is for you to decide. And that goes both ways, like everything. Good luck man.
#448The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/7/2013 12:23:14 AM
bassbx891 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
bassbx891 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/384112_320578397952934_644481995_n.jpg

Is this a loli Mew with a steampunk cutie mark or something?

Yeah you can stop posting now.

hey. you can talk about me all ya want, lay off the mew. :D

>>Has a picture of a sexed up mew with a tramp stamp on his facebook
>>Plays Yugioh, watches anime and other cartoons

>>Bashed MLP.

HMMMMMMM

where does it say i play yugioh? or are you mistaking magic the gathering for yugioh? plus, from the guy who is telling me to lay off other peoples items of enjoyment, you making fun of a card game you assume i play is kinda...hypocritical is it not?

Are you really this... dense?

Sexually fantasising about Pokemon characters whilst assuming grown men who like MLP must do the same.. That's a rather big.. Projection of your insecurities?
---
To be announced
#449Morgoth the EnemyPosted 1/7/2013 4:20:56 AM
Very good catch, you're the first poster to make that connection.
---
Vast majority of people are to stupid to bother saving.
Gamer tag - xUSDx Reborn
#450The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/7/2013 4:22:39 AM
Morgoth the Enemy posted...
Very good catch, you're the first poster to make that connection.

Poor use of sarcasm.

Just poor.
---
To be announced