Should I complete the MQ before Dragonborn?

#1ArPharazon412Posted 1/5/2013 12:54:42 PM
Or does it not really matter?
---
We're all stories in the end.
#2The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/5/2013 12:58:28 PM
Well DB is linked to the main quest.... But no you don't, you do however need to have beaten the one Jorgen Windcaller's horn or whatever quest to start DB's main quest
#3LordTrinenPosted 1/5/2013 1:01:23 PM
Does any dialogue change if you beat the MQ first? I've only beaten the DB questline once since it came out and I had only completed the horn quest.
#4ArPharazon412(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:05:52 PM
Yeah, I know I have to get through The Way of the Voice to start, just was wondering if it makes more sense to do it on a character that's finished the MQ or if it's pretty much completely standalone.
---
We're all stories in the end.
#5Dr_ProfessorPosted 1/5/2013 1:06:06 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
you do however need to have beaten the one Jorgen Windcaller's horn or whatever quest to start DB's main quest

No you don't. You just have to be recognized by the Greybeards as a Dragonborn. I just beat Dragonborn and I haven't come within a country mile of the horn quest.
---
Ph.D
#6metroidman92Posted 1/5/2013 1:07:05 PM
LordTrinen posted...
Does any dialogue change if you beat the MQ first? I've only beaten the DB questline once since it came out and I had only completed the horn quest.

Miraak mentions that you killed Alduin, but I think that's it. Durneviir does the same in Dawnguard.

Would have been cool to have Alduin try to stop you in DB if you hadn't finished the MQ yet.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#7The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/5/2013 1:07:48 PM
LordTrinen posted...

He says Something about you vanquishing Alduin and says that it would have been a trivial matter for him and he could have beaten Alduin
#8The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/5/2013 1:08:36 PM
Dr_Professor posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
you do however need to have beaten the one Jorgen Windcaller's horn or whatever quest to start DB's main quest

No you don't. You just have to be recognized by the Greybeards as a Dragonborn. I just beat Dragonborn and I haven't come within a country mile of the horn quest.

Oh, well guess I was wrong then, Also TC you can still go to Solstheim if you aren't the DB you just can't do the main quest
#9LordTrinenPosted 1/5/2013 1:11:38 PM
Actually I think you can start the main DB questline without visiting the Greybeards. I started a new character and visited Solstheim early. I finished Dragon Rising but didn't go to Ivarstead. I learned the first word of Bend Will and started using it on the big stones on the island, including the one that had all the Skaal people trapped. I talked to their Shaman and he sent me to locate Frea at the Temple of Miraak. I didn't go any further than that. Wonder what dialogue changes with Miraak in this instance?