Do you want TES to take a more mature route?

#1BenjUK55Posted 1/6/2013 11:14:11 AM
As in, sexual content, drug and alcohol use, mature themes (sexual abuse, torture, extreme violence), swearing, etc.

I'm not saying these themes need to be littered around TES, but I personally prefer playing more realistic and grittier types of games and, for me, mature themes make the world more believable. Especially in a world riddled in warfare, death and suffering.

I know a lot of you are going to be put off by this idea. Mainly because a lot of games have put a bad name to a lot of these things. (I'm looking at you Mass Effect and Dragon Age!) But let's face it, this game was based off of a medieval/middle-age theme. All of these themes were extremely prevalent and part of everyday life for those times

If Bethesda took a leaf out of The Witcher 1&2 and A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), (this isn't a successful gaming franchise but is an incredibly amazing book and T.V. series) then they could really tackle mature themes in a good way.

However much you may hate The Witcher and/or ASoIaF, they portray realistic issues extremely well.

Personally, I do find it quite annoying how a world which is caught up in so many troubling issues, (war, racism, religious persecution) is devoid of any full frontal 'mature' content.

I know this is going to cause people to bring up strange PC nudity mods and the like, but please, look at the use of the word mature.

tl;dr - Read it you lazy f***er.
---
We do not sow.
#2thermopylaePosted 1/6/2013 11:16:06 AM
maybe to some degree.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#3BenjUK55(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:16:44 AM
thermopylae posted...
maybe to some degree.

Such as?
---
We do not sow.
#4rx54Posted 1/6/2013 11:21:50 AM
BenjUK55 posted...
thermopylae posted...
maybe to some degree.

Such as?

Quentin Tarantino must design all the characters.
---
Best of The Worst
#5The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/6/2013 11:22:10 AM
BenjUK55 posted...
As in, sexual content, drug and alcohol use, mature themes (sexual abuse, torture, extreme violence), swearing, etc.

I'm not saying these themes need to be littered around TES, but I personally prefer playing more realistic and grittier types of games and, for me, mature themes make the world more believable. Especially in a world riddled in warfare, death and suffering.

I know a lot of you are going to be put off by this idea. Mainly because a lot of games have put a bad name to a lot of these things. (I'm looking at you Mass Effect and Dragon Age!) But let's face it, this game was based off of a medieval/middle-age theme. All of these themes were extremely prevalent and part of everyday life for those times

If Bethesda took a leaf out of The Witcher 1&2 and A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), (this isn't a successful gaming franchise but is an incredibly amazing book and T.V. series) then they could really tackle mature themes in a good way.

However much you may hate The Witcher and/or ASoIaF, they portray realistic issues extremely well.

Personally, I do find it quite annoying how a world which is caught up in so many troubling issues, (war, racism, religious persecution) is devoid of any full frontal 'mature' content.

I know this is going to cause people to bring up strange PC nudity mods and the like, but please, look at the use of the word mature.

tl;dr - Read it you lazy f***er.

There's so much alcohol in Tamriel already we don't need more...
And to be honest no this would alienate people in their fanbase and some things just don't exist in TES, and I really don't want a ridiculous amount of content that turns me off from a game I would like
#6SchesparnPosted 1/6/2013 11:22:23 AM

This stuff is already there. It's just implied, rather than displayed. I, for one, think it's better that way.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#7simonbelmont2Posted 1/6/2013 11:23:14 AM
Schesparn posted...

This stuff is already there. It's just implied, rather than displayed. I, for one, think it's better that way.

I agree.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#8BenjUK55(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:28:05 AM
Schesparn posted...

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I personally think it needs to be a bit more obvious. Sexual content for example. Prostitution, the oldest occupation in the world, is nowhere to be seen in Skyrim. Realistically, there would be a brothel in every town.

I know that sounds childish, ironically, but if we forget what games like Fable did with those kind of issues, and look it at from a realistic point of view, it could work very well.

Just one example. But, for me, it would add a lot of realism within the world.
---
We do not sow.
#9Samaellives91Posted 1/6/2013 11:29:35 AM
No. Leave that to The Witcher series.
---
Talos is the new Jesus. Spread the word.
#10BenjUK55(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:29:51 AM
Samaellives91 posted...
No. Leave that to The Witcher series.

Why?
---
We do not sow.