Do you want TES to take a more mature route?

#21BenjUK55(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 12:42:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22GriffRobertsPosted 1/6/2013 12:46:37 PM
However, maybe maturity belongs within Fallout's world.

Depends on the aesthetic. Priestesses of Dibella could probably get away with boob-togas, and the right kind of dungeon could afford to have some intense stuff in it, like a cannibal or vampire den. IIRC Castle Volkihar had some crazy stuff like that.

It is important to know that Bandits aren't depraved lunatics hopped up on home-made post apocalyptic drugs, like Raiders.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#23katiekat3001Posted 1/6/2013 12:55:44 PM
i think part of the problem is the Kliment we live inn. with groups trying to pass laws making game vylints eleagel or under government control. a lot of game makers don't want to push too hard you can say that's bs all you want but game makers need to also look at all the places ware a game will be sold and sum times its cheaper to make the game the same for everyone rather then make region based games.
---
am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar
#24ColtonBanginPosted 1/6/2013 1:08:30 PM
I don't have a problem with boobs bro, the more the better. The same goes for heads getting lopped off and cussing. No problem there.

No sexual abuse though, that would just ruin the world of ES. Like even though there are creatures and people after you trying to kill you and people dying left and right all kinds of violence, sexual abuse would just put a bad energy into the game. That's just not right.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing prostitutes in the game. Oh yeah.
#25ProjectX26Posted 1/6/2013 1:17:30 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
You really just have to look for things

Now, that's just like a f***ing fanfic!
---
Here's a question
When was the last time you covered yourself in syrup and sacrificed a physically defected llama while performing a mating dance on a Tuesday?
#26The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/6/2013 1:21:35 PM
ProjectX26 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
You really just have to look for things

Now, that's just like a f***ing fanfic!

Dem Khajiits and their barbs
#27katiekat3001Posted 1/6/2013 1:28:53 PM

No sexual abuse though, that would just ruin the world of ES. Like even though there are creatures and people after you trying to kill you and people dying left and right all kinds of violence, sexual abuse would just put a bad energy into the game. That's just not right.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing prostitutes in the game. Oh yeah.

i think there are sum topics that while being rite for the settings just should not be in a game

am not sure any game could handle rape or abuse in a way that would not come out in a bad light or just take the fun out of the game

if there are games that do pleas tell me i honistely cant think of any.

its kind of like the 6 days in falusa game Sony wanted to do. it got a alot of flack from both vetrins and family of thoes that lost family in it speshely sins they wanted to use the real solgers that died there in the game i think it would be the same for tho's that were abused or raped to see a game make it part of a game element. i think it falls under the "just because you can does not mean you should line of thinking.

i don't know would like to get you guys thorts on it.
---
am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar
#28PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/6/2013 1:31:35 PM
It probably was already stated, but I think the characters themselves are poorly written and bland. It's not really the world/TES itself, it's the writing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#29RyoKaibaPosted 1/6/2013 1:33:05 PM
They already went down that road with Daggerfall. Seriously, if you want to play a game that cuts nothing out, play Daggerfall. The amount of nudity and gore in that game is ridiculous.

The problem was that when they made Daggerfall they essentially had to make a child-proof mode to convince parents it was okay to buy the game. Since then, Bethsoft pretty much stayed more away from the extreme stuff, though gore was still abundant in the series.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#30GriffRobertsPosted 1/6/2013 1:33:34 PM
Well, TES does mention rape off-handedly. Or straight on, in the case of Molag Bal. But stuff like the backstory to vampirism, or Sapphire's backstory, that kind of stuff is already in the game. We shouldn't go any further in that direction, though.

It all depends on how you approach those sorts of themes. I've seen children's cartoons where a bird gets magically turned inside out, and starts helplessly flopping about. That's some heavy s***.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.