Do you want TES to take a more mature route?

#31The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/6/2013 1:35:41 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Well, TES does mention rape off-handedly. Or straight on, in the case of Molag Bal. But stuff like the backstory to vampirism, or Sapphire's backstory, that kind of stuff is already in the game. We shouldn't go any further in that direction, though.

It all depends on how you approach those sorts of themes. I've seen children's cartoons where a bird gets magically turned inside out, and starts helplessly flopping about. That's some heavy s***.

There was that game Nintendo made about 12 years ago where you run around taking "Masks" off of dead bodies
#32RikashiPosted 1/6/2013 1:41:32 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
GriffRoberts posted...
Well, TES does mention rape off-handedly. Or straight on, in the case of Molag Bal. But stuff like the backstory to vampirism, or Sapphire's backstory, that kind of stuff is already in the game. We shouldn't go any further in that direction, though.

It all depends on how you approach those sorts of themes. I've seen children's cartoons where a bird gets magically turned inside out, and starts helplessly flopping about. That's some heavy s***.

There was that game Nintendo made about 12 years ago where you run around taking "Masks" off of dead bodies

Majora's Mask was many things, but not in the sense of maturity that TC is talking about (ie more gore and heavy themes). Still a great game imo, but not really relevant.
---
You can be the Heisenberg to my Captain Cook, baby <3
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#33flyerzfannPosted 1/6/2013 1:42:45 PM
Are you looking for a video game version of Starz networks Spartacus?
#34The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/6/2013 1:43:49 PM
Rikashi posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
GriffRoberts posted...

Majora's Mask was many things, but not in the sense of maturity that TC is talking about (ie more gore and heavy themes). Still a great game imo, but not really relevant.

Just thought it was funny, it was great. Not really what he is talking about though
#35Lord HugoPosted 1/6/2013 2:02:58 PM
I don't think it matters which approach they take in the long run. They will craft the series as they see fit, as they always have. What's more, people will buy i. A more realistic approach is fine.
---
"Jeff Goldblum was actually on Death's To-Do list today, but he's so awesome he managed to talk Death into taking Michael Jackson instead."-Ben Paddon
#36BenjUK55(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 2:04:27 PM
With regards to sexual abuse being a no-no, if you take a look at The Witcher 2 and Fallout New Vegas, they both have quests which center around it and handle it pretty well.

Obviously I don't mean have scenes showing three bandits tag teaming a lady Breton, but perhaps a quest where you hunt down a group of people who did the dirty to a female friend of yours.

The main reason I want this kind of stuff is because I think too many games try and cater for everyone. It is very hard to find a game who does mature themes right. It seems a bit hypocritical how we can decapitate homeless beggars an offer up a sacrifice to multiple malevolent gods yet drug addicts and sexual content is a no no.

That pretty much sums society up really, we can use words like torture and murder yet when we use a word such as f***, something which is commonly used to refer to sex, all hell breaks loose.
---
We do not sow.
#37KoRiy5000Posted 1/6/2013 2:19:41 PM
they already have a quest where a little girl was ripped apart. seems as mature as i want. (actually a bit too far for me, not big on child abuse)
#38SunsetPhantomPosted 1/6/2013 2:46:55 PM
BenjUK55 posted...

The main reason I want this kind of stuff is because I think too many games try and cater for everyone. It is very hard to find a game who does mature themes right. It seems a bit hypocritical how we can decapitate homeless beggars an offer up a sacrifice to multiple malevolent gods yet drug addicts and sexual content is a no no.

Well for drug addicts there is the skooma addict, Wujeeta (Vegeta?) in Riften.

Also a Khajiit in Ri'saad's caravan, Atahbah, sometimes talks about her moon sugar withdrawals to Ma'randru-jo, who tells her to control her fits and wait for their next shipment.

I'm sure if we go to Elsweyr we'll have lots of drug content.
---
http://tinyurl.com/86tj7l6
They say the Devil's visage can make sane men mad
#39MillionFlickrPosted 1/6/2013 3:06:17 PM
Part of the reason I like these games is because it DOESN'T do this s***. I mean, are we really complaining that a game about killing dragons by shooting fire out of your hands isn't 'realistic' enough? I probably wouldn't like it if they had sex/rape/topless woman/over-the-top violence everywhere.
---
Furry Gayming. It's a thing. :3
#40RikashiPosted 1/6/2013 3:07:26 PM
MillionFlickr posted...
Part of the reason I like these games is because it DOESN'T do this s***. I mean, are we really complaining that a game about killing dragons by shooting fire out of your hands isn't 'realistic' enough? I probably wouldn't like it if they had sex/rape/topless woman/over-the-top violence everywhere.

Realism =/= as close to real life as possible.
---
You can be the Heisenberg to my Captain Cook, baby <3
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.