Do you want TES to take a more mature route?

#41katiekat3001Posted 1/6/2013 3:19:16 PM
am not far in to the witcher 2 only just got out of jail. TBH am saprised it did not get a AO
---
am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar
#421qaqa1Posted 1/6/2013 3:23:58 PM
Let's wait for Skyrim with guns

AKA fallout 4
---
Piplup is the best character on pokemon.
#43iDubstepPosted 1/6/2013 3:25:39 PM
BenjUK55 posted...
As in, sexual content, drug and alcohol use, mature themes (sexual abuse, torture, extreme violence), swearing, etc.

This stuff is in Skyrim already... are you just simply asking for more?

As long as its tastefully done, sure... but gratuitous s*** doesn't make things any more mature...
#44The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/6/2013 3:27:31 PM
1qaqa1 posted...
Let's wait for Skyrim with guns

AKA fallout 4

I thought Skyrim with guns was Far Cry 3?
#45VasDeferensPosted 1/6/2013 3:38:40 PM
Huh ? What I did in A Taste of Death isn't mature content enough ? Kill cam beheadings are not mature content enough ? The executions in Helgen and Solitude aren't mature content ?

Boy have gamers been desensitized .
#46BenjUK55(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 6:11:27 PM
MillionFlickr posted...
Part of the reason I like these games is because it DOESN'T do this s***. I mean, are we really complaining that a game about killing dragons by shooting fire out of your hands isn't 'realistic' enough? I probably wouldn't like it if they had sex/rape/topless woman/over-the-top violence everywhere.

Shooting dragons is realistic within the context of the game.

Your last sentence kinda ignored a lot of what I said. It wouldn't be everywhere, it would just have a noticeable role, as it would if Skyrim was indeed a 'real world'.

Obviously topless women, ott violence and and sexual content would not be everywhere, this isn't Duke Nukem.

But, go to a slum part of town? Noticeable prostitution, a lot more violence and crime.

Go into a bandit's cave? Perhaps torture victims or mutilated bodies. Not in every bandit cave obviously, but there must be a fair few who enjoy the murdering and looting.

Little things like these would make the world feel like it should - dangerous and imposing
---
We do not sow.
#47BenjUK55(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 6:14:48 PM
VasDeferens posted...
Huh ? What I did in A Taste of Death isn't mature content enough ? Kill cam beheadings are not mature content enough ? The executions in Helgen and Solitude aren't mature content ?

Boy have gamers been desensitized .

These things don't exactly class as 'mature themes' really. You can't really get any kind of game involving combat, which is almost all of them, that doesn't include death of some kind.

Actually, I can't think of any action, rpg, fps or any game similar to these types of genre that doesn't involve killing of some sort.
---
We do not sow.
#48Tmoney222Posted 1/6/2013 7:31:39 PM
There is a considerable amount of dark content in Skyrim; however, this content is not readily apparent. You must delve into the game to really see some of the more disturbing things, mainly in certain quests.

There are certainly mature themes in this game, but it is not in your face with it. No extreme blood and gore, swearing, anything like that.
#49RebelElite791Posted 1/6/2013 7:36:28 PM
Seriously using the witcher? Blatant sexism is not "mature."
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#50Ajd_KingPosted 1/6/2013 7:56:02 PM(edited)
Depends if there's a reason for it. In that NV quest where you can get the aid of First Recon to take out the Fiends leaders, that sniper being a rape victim was a nice touch (from a writing perspective). It added something to the group's motivation, it became something your player could work to solve, and it made the fight against the Fiends something more than 'kill for lewts and greet justus'.

If it's just some superfluous thing added to show how grown up Bethesda is, then nah.

And this wants me to play TW2 again and do a pro-Henselt run.