Weapon switching slow recently.

#1platinumkizPosted 1/6/2013 2:46:29 PM
I have all dlc's installed on a 250gb slim, and have been noticing really slow weapon equipping. Tried cache clearing, fresh installs, and deleting all saves. Nothing has helped so far.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? It takes a full 2-3 seconds to pull my sword or axe out, and I don't remember that being a problem.
---
"It's easy to win, anybody can win"
#2iDubstepPosted 1/6/2013 3:16:51 PM
I've had this problem since day one. Takes forever especially when duel wielding. Sucks cause I spend so much time during battle switching that it costs me many potions...
#3Mick65Posted 1/6/2013 3:19:41 PM
I've had some trouble especially with bound sword from the quick menu. Seem to remember someone saying to wait a bit in the menu to let the sound files catch up. Wish I could be more specific.
---
Casually Hardcore
#4Tequila_ShotPosted 1/6/2013 3:20:55 PM
It's the limits of an outdated console showing. WHY Microsoft and Sony waited so long to bring out another is beyond me, because the games are falling by the wayside. You should see The Witcher 2 footage. Looks like garbage. Framerate issues cause my eyes to bleed.

Anyway, a good workaround is to just sit with the favorites menu open for a few seconds and let it load.
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#5iDubstepPosted 1/6/2013 3:22:12 PM
Hmmm... gonna try it...
#6DrNewcensteinPosted 1/6/2013 3:22:32 PM
Same here, except all my saves and DLC are on the HDD. I've also been getting really slow arrow hits. There's like a 2 or 3 second delay between the time the arrow is fired and it hits the target. Not to mention I get delayed sounds when I kill animals. I've killed them and moved on before hearing their death sound.

I think there might be a caching issue related to the DLC, since you said you deleted the extra saves. Could also be related to how it calls up audio files from the disc, or if the DLC or patches included updated audio files stored on and called from the drive instead of the DVD.

The delays usually happen after booting up, and then gradually improve.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#7DrNewcensteinPosted 1/6/2013 3:27:17 PM
Tequila_Shot posted...
It's the limits of an outdated console showing. WHY Microsoft and Sony waited so long to bring out another is beyond me, because the games are falling by the wayside. You should see The Witcher 2 footage. Looks like garbage. Framerate issues cause my eyes to bleed.

Anyway, a good workaround is to just sit with the favorites menu open for a few seconds and let it load.

This is exactly why consoles should be user-ugradeable like PCs. Add more RAM and faster CPU (off the shelf, not overpriced custom-branded like M$'s 16GB flash drives) and at least we could keep up with the caching and processing requirements. Graphics requirements can be worked within by the devs.

I mean, as long as we can Tweet and Failbook and stream movies and surf and email and chat and be hassled by constant online auto-updates like a PC, may as well let the user manually upgrade the machine like a PC.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#8platinumkiz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:33:43 PM
Ok so started a new char, and it must have been baked into the save, because weapon switching takes half the time now. I don't know if it will degrade back but I will just roll with the new guy for now I guess.
---
"It's easy to win, anybody can win"
#9MACMOORE420Posted 1/6/2013 3:45:22 PM
Hold LB+RB+X as game loads from dashboard all the way until after the Bethesda logo fades away. Clears "in-game" cache and you will hear the hard drive working like it's erasing something. Hope it helps
---
http://i.imgur.com/BTXtY.jpg
#10StaticPenguinPosted 1/6/2013 3:51:07 PM
Tequila_Shot posted...

Witcher 2 had framerate issues? I don't remember seeing any.... Then again i did install it.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt