Daedric Armor set and Dragon bone sword the most powerful in the game?

#1symachPosted 1/6/2013 4:04:17 PM
Funny I remember my first time through the game the Dragonbone armor being a few pts higher than the Daedric armor guess they changed that with one of the new dlc's, now the daedric armor is better by a few pts. Dragonbone sword though looks to be higher than the Daedric sword. So my question is, are there a more powerful set of armor than the daedric? And is the Dragonbone sword the most powerful sword?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2NoxatroxPosted 1/6/2013 4:07:07 PM
Deadric Armor was always better than Dragonbone. Which is pretty weird of course.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag- Coneman50
#3StaticPenguinPosted 1/6/2013 4:54:48 PM
Noxatrox posted...
Deadric Armor was always better than Dragonbone. Which is pretty weird of course.

Probably because you can get Dragonbone incredibly easy.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#4Tequila_ShotPosted 1/6/2013 5:00:40 PM
Noxatrox posted...

Not like it mattered. Iron Armor is just as good as Daedric once your Smithing, Enchanting or Alchemy skill is high enough. Any armor, be it Leather, Dragonscale, Daedric, or Dragonplate, can hit the armor cap.

Or, did you not know there was an armor cap?
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#5XolacePosted 1/6/2013 5:06:16 PM
Tequila_Shot posted...
Noxatrox posted...

Not like it mattered. Iron Armor is just as good as Daedric once your Smithing, Enchanting or Alchemy skill is high enough. Any armor, be it Leather, Dragonscale, Daedric, or Dragonplate, can hit the armor cap.

I didn't know to begin with but now that I do I run around wearing Armor that looks cool.
#6alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 1/6/2013 5:16:09 PM
Tequila_Shot posted...
Noxatrox posted...

It matters to me. 100 smithing means for me Daedric is still higher than Dragonbone and I have no plans to get Alchemy or Enchanting anywhere near a 100 on the 1 character that I've used smithing on.
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#7Tequila_ShotPosted 1/6/2013 5:27:04 PM(edited)
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...
Noxatrox posted...

It matters to me. 100 smithing means for me Daedric is still higher than Dragonbone and I have no plans to get Alchemy or Enchanting anywhere near a 100 on the 1 character that I've used smithing on.

You do realize what the term armor cap means, right? Any armor point beyond 667 is wasted. It has no effect. Drop that number by 25 points for each piece of armor you wear. If you have four pieces of armor on, all points past the 567 mark are wasted. So, that 2000 armor value you get from Daedric ... yeah, two thirds of that is wasted garbage.

Or, again, did you not know that?

Also, it's worth mentioning that Daedric belongs to the weaker of the two armor types. Heavy might start out with more armor value early in the game, but Light Armor ends up more potent later on. Once you reach the armor cap, Heavy doesn't provide any other damage mitigation, whereas Light does. Deft Movement allows you to completely negate a hit, on a 10% chance.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#8alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 1/6/2013 5:32:25 PM
Tequila_Shot posted...
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...
Noxatrox posted...

You do realize what the term armor cap means, right? Any armor point beyond 667 is wasted. It has no effect. Drop that number by 25 points for each piece of armor you wear. If you have four pieces of armor on, all points past the 567 mark are wasted. So, that 2000 armor value you get from Daedric ... yeah, two thirds of that is wasted garbage.

Also, it's worth mentioning that Daedric belongs to the weaker of the two armor types. Heavy might start out with more armor value early in the game, but Light Armor ends up more potent later on. Once you reach the armor cap, Heavy doesn't provide any other damage mitigation, whereas Light does. Deft Movement allows you to completely negate a hit, on a 10% chance.

I honestly didn't know you could hit the cap without enchanting or potions (still not sure). I rarely put perks into armor either and I'm not sure if I would be able to reach it. If I put all the perks I'd usually put into the smithing tree into Heavy armour will I hit the armor cap? And I know Daedric armor doesn't give a 2000 rating without modifications.
---
#9Tequila_ShotPosted 1/6/2013 5:44:13 PM
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
Tequila_Shot posted...
Noxatrox posted...

I honestly didn't know you could hit the cap without enchanting or potions (still not sure). I rarely put perks into armor either and I'm not sure if I would be able to reach it. If I put all the perks I'd usually put into the smithing tree into Heavy armour will I hit the armor cap? And I know Daedric armor doesn't give a 2000 rating without modifications.

You really aren't optimized, are you?

You don't need custom potions and enchants, you can use vendor ones. Also, it's worth noting that the Ancient Knowledge permanent effect also can play a role.
http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Unfathomable_Depths

If you're using the specific armor type, it's a good idea to put perks into it. Weightless armor lets you move around faster and has less of an impact on your Stamina. Also frees up your Stone slot for something like the Lord (which gives 50 Armor). Each armor tree has three perks (requiring seven points, total) that will provide you with a huge boost to your armor value. And that's not counting the other passive abilities like Deft Movement, Cushioned, Wind Walker, Reflect Blows, et cetera.

Don't discount the perks from the smithing tree. That will double the quality of improvement right there, and at higher smithing, will mean a substantial boost in armor value, right out of the gate that stacks with both potions and enchanting.

And, with Dragonborn allowing you to respec, there really is no justifiable reason why you shouldn't, at least temporarily, use the perks to achieve the Smithing, Alchemy, or Enchanting values necessary to hit the armor cap.
---
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k
#10alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 1/6/2013 5:48:42 PM
There is. With vendor bought potions, and weak (about 8% enchants) I haven't hit the the cap with Daedric armor yet. What I could do is use the smithing perks which I have, craft armor and respec them to heavy armor and then maybe I'd hit the cap. However I don't have anywhere close to 100 in armor either and its probably going to take a while (58). So yes, armor type does matter to me and to a lot of people who play the game with trying to get their character down perfect.
---