Does anyone still think wearbears are stupid?

#11xanthan1Posted 1/8/2013 9:13:52 PM
Brenz0r posted...
xanthan1 posted...
Like the arena in I think it was Solitude...

It was going to be placed in Windhelm. There's leftover dialogue and so on that you can find in the CK.

Was it Windhelm? I remember one of the old games mentioning an arena in one of the cities.
#12SlayerslugPosted 1/8/2013 9:14:37 PM
Were bears and all other kinds of were creatures have always been apart of elderscrolls lore
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#13Sab_LiathPosted 1/8/2013 9:16:20 PM
xanthan1 posted...
GriffRoberts posted...
I think they didn't patch it in because we already have Werewolves, and adding a new transformation so similar would just clutter things up.

And the fact they just kinda screwed up in making Skyrim be Skyrim? Like the arena in I think it was Solitude, nonexistant, or that werebears exist there, or that nords in other games started with unique racial spells instead of being against magic, ect, ect, ect, stupid writers who don't even know the damn back story of the races, setting, or anything.

The lack of Magic could be explained that in the 200 years since we say them in Oblivion, their opinions of magic have changed, such as the fact the most of the city Winterhold fell into the sea, and they believe the mage of the College to be responsible.

In fact, doesn't Tsun mention something about this change if you tell him you're the Arch-Mage?
---
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
#14xanthan1Posted 1/8/2013 9:19:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15xanthan1Posted 1/8/2013 9:20:46 PM
Sab_Liath posted...
xanthan1 posted...
GriffRoberts posted...
I think they didn't patch it in because we already have Werewolves, and adding a new transformation so similar would just clutter things up.

And the fact they just kinda screwed up in making Skyrim be Skyrim? Like the arena in I think it was Solitude, nonexistant, or that werebears exist there, or that nords in other games started with unique racial spells instead of being against magic, ect, ect, ect, stupid writers who don't even know the damn back story of the races, setting, or anything.

The lack of Magic could be explained that in the 200 years since we say them in Oblivion, their opinions of magic have changed, such as the fact the most of the city Winterhold fell into the sea, and they believe the mage of the College to be responsible.

In fact, doesn't Tsun mention something about this change if you tell him you're the Arch-Mage?

That doesn't explain the rest of the glaring unexplained continuity errors. It'd be like if a book said a certain part of world had such and such attraction at this one town and such and such magical creature, then a sequel that takes place in that area ignores all of that and never mentions any of it, pictures of the entire city clearly showing there's not even an area the attraction could of been at.

Damn lack of an edit button.
#16GriffRobertsPosted 1/8/2013 9:22:05 PM

Um, what? The things you mentioned have nothing to do with the lore or backstory of the game. Not having an Arena doesn't suddenly make Skyrim "not Skyrim", and Nords starting with two basic spells is called "Story and gameplay segregation". And Nords only developed a stigma for magic after the Oblivion Crisis; there were (and still are) plenty of Nords who are totally cool with magic, or even wizards themselves.

As for Werebears, the "developed lore" behind their existence in Skyrim is maybe a few different books about lycanthropy in general, which has never been the focus of an Elder Scrolls game. And IIRC one of those books implies that Werebears may just be local legend exaggerating about particularly bloodthirsty bears. But wait, there are Werebears! They're on Solstheim!

I don't think it's a matter of the "stupid writers" not knowing the lore (which they f***ing make, by the way), as much as it is you not knowing the lore.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#17Zelda_UzikuaPosted 1/8/2013 9:25:32 PM
I kinda think they are stupid just because they are so similar to werewolves. Besides who wants to be an annoying bear-man, normal bears are bad enough because they never shut up while your killing them
---
Travelling beyond the bounds
We have to take that step, What are we waiting for? It's now or never - Z.O.E Theme
#18xanthan1Posted 1/8/2013 9:26:06 PM
GriffRoberts posted...

Um, what? The things you mentioned have nothing to do with the lore or backstory of the game. Not having an Arena doesn't suddenly make Skyrim "not Skyrim", and Nords starting with two basic spells is called "Story and gameplay segregation". And Nords only developed a stigma for magic after the Oblivion Crisis; there were (and still are) plenty of Nords who are totally cool with magic, or even wizards themselves.

As for Werebears, the "developed lore" behind their existence in Skyrim is maybe a few different books about lycanthropy in general, which has never been the focus of an Elder Scrolls game. And IIRC one of those books implies that Werebears may just be local legend exaggerating about particularly bloodthirsty bears. But wait, there are Werebears! They're on Solstheim!

I don't think it's a matter of the "stupid writers" not knowing the lore (which they f***ing make, by the way), as much as it is you not knowing the lore.

Right so directly contradicting what the other games said about the area isn't going against lore.....right ignoring you now. Also the nord thing is the ONLY part thats explained at all.

Also they got rid of alot of the people that did some of the better writing for the series.
#19theonyxphoenixPosted 1/8/2013 9:27:54 PM
In Russia, werebears think you're stupid.
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#20GriffRobertsPosted 1/8/2013 9:34:28 PM
Right so directly contradicting what the other games said about the area isn't going against lore.....right ignoring you now. Also the nord thing is the ONLY part thats explained at all.

"I think you're wrong I'm going to ignore you from now on"

Tell me how anything in Skyrim is in "direct contradiction" to established lore. Because there isn't an Arena? Show me the in-game book that mentions an Arena.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.