If you could kill one Daedric prince, who would it be?

#51RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 6:02:14 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...

That's Tamrielic time, it's something only a mod or dev could do. Brings authenticity.

Someone noted in that topic though that it's just made to look like it was edited, and not actually edited
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#52youshallbeasgodPosted 1/9/2013 6:12:12 PM(edited)
RebelElite791 posted...

That's Tamrielic time, it's something only a mod or dev could do. Brings authenticity.

Someone noted in that topic though that it's just made to look like it was edited, and not actually edited

I know, but if you can change the date, you can remove the little bubble. We need Brenz wisdom.

Anyways, It's damn good writing and if he's just a fan trying very very hard, then I want to see more of him in the next game, not another 'Erik the Slayer' thing.

You think it's fake, Rebel?
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#53Brenz0rPosted 1/9/2013 6:54:58 PM(edited)
The core problem with On Boethiah's Summoning Day is that it has no confirmed author, meaning that its authenticity is continually in doubt. It can't be verified unless the author 'fesses up. To date the letters have been posted twice on the TES Lore forum, IIRC.

What they're great for is provoking discussion. Whoever wrote it demonstrated facility with a number of concepts, and the logical leaps made are, on the whole, fairly small (admittedly, it's been a while since I read through it, so I might be forgetting some of the letters). On the note of Aedra and Daedra swapping around, the definition of just what qualifies as "Daedric Prince" can be questionable. Meridia and Malacath are Princes, yet have different origins to other Princes - Malacath was Trinimac, and Meridia was one of the Magna-Ge - and seem to have the "Prince" title mostly because Oblivion just happens to be where they live for the moment. Malacath is actually a good case for an Aedra who lives in Oblivion and became bound to it, shamed and broken by Boethiah. You also get Durnehviir in Dawnguard, who has a similar story. It's also hypothesised that Molag Bal was Akatosh to the Dreugh in a previous kalpa, and Hermaeus Mora refers to Xarxes (the scribe of Auri-El and an Aldmeri god, whose wife was Oghma) as actually being his scribe in his Skyrim quest. Xarxes may have been doing double-duty, or old Herma-Mora may just have things he isn't telling the player, whatever they might be. The Aldmer were not the type to worship a Daedra, after all, since their pantheon is all about god-ancestors.

It's interesting theorycraft.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#54KotomineKireiPosted 1/9/2013 6:56:24 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64937830

Feel free to have a nice read. I'm not going to repost all of that every time some new kid on the block decides to think he knows anything about this.

Where exactly in that topic does it say any real reason for Sheogorath not being the protagonist?

Well, before you tell me where in that topic to look, here's one reason why it's near definitely the protagonist who is Sheogorath(excluding the other reasons that are more definite).

"I am a part of you, little mortal." "You know me. You just don't know it." - Sheogorath

Developers most likely, subtly hinting at the fact that Sheogorath is your character from Oblivion(kind of like what they do with M'aiq and his referencing of earlier titles)

Also, most games in The Elder Scrolls series are very linear from a story point(I suppose it helps to build the lore)

Lastly, I'm not a new kid on the block.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#55WatermelonFartsPosted 1/9/2013 6:57:31 PM
molag bal has 69 votes LOOOOOOOOLLLLLL
---
Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
#56MrcTOtheJPosted 1/9/2013 6:58:31 PM
One dose not simply, Kill a deadric prince. (Sorry I know I had to though)

That said I'd love to be able to wipe Nocturnal from existince, she's a b****.

Odd considering my favorite prince is Azura, but she has a better brand of b****ery, one I can deal with if not like, Nocturnal dunno she's allways rubed me the wrong way.
---
You know the feeling you get when you drink the laughter of children from a jeweled chalice while riding a unicorn though a field of rainbows?-Nikore GF on TESV
#57RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 7:10:21 PM
Thanks for the updates Brenz. I've always felt a bit strange quoting it without certainty, even though I knew we generally took what it says to be at least somewhat truthful.

KotomineKirei posted...

Where exactly in that topic does it say any real reason for Sheogorath not being the protagonist?

Well, before you tell me where in that topic to look, here's one reason why it's near definitely the protagonist who is Sheogorath(excluding the other reasons that are more definite).

"I am a part of you, little mortal." "You know me. You just don't know it." - Sheogorath

Developers most likely, subtly hinting at the fact that Sheogorath is your character from Oblivion(kind of like what they do with M'aiq and his referencing of earlier titles)

Also, most games in The Elder Scrolls series are very linear from a story point(I suppose it helps to build the lore)

Lastly, I'm not a new kid on the block.

I'll start with the last point. Your account is a year old, and I've never seen you post on this board. You're new to he site and the board (though the board is all that matters in this case).

*SOMEONE* became Sheogorath. SOMEONE became the Crusader. SOMEONE became the Archmage, etc, etc, etc. It is not canon that the Hero did those things, and never will be. Hell, the KOTN book in Skyrim very clearly doesnt mention the CoC.

How is that quote proof of anything? He is part of all mortals. Madness and creativity latent in everyone's mind. That has nothing to do with the CoC in any way, shape or form, by any stretch of the imagination.

Subtle hints are not facts. They have never confirmed it, and never will. The very idea of the CoC being the Hero, the Listener, the Grey Fox, and the madgod all at once is utterly ludicrous. Also: If he became Sheo, he's now Sheo. Not the CoC anymore.

Yes, they're linear. The expansions are not. KOTN doesnt require you to be the CoC. Dawnguard doesnt require you to be the Dragonborn. "Dragonborn" does, so that will be canonically attributed to the Dragonborn.

So no, if you'd read that topic, you'd have heard all of this.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#58SunsetPhantomPosted 1/9/2013 7:22:58 PM
I honestly can't decide.

Molag gave us Serana (the 3 or 4000 year old Serana)
Sheo gave us music
Azura gave us Dunmer
Boethiah gave us Malacath and "wonderful" Orc lore
Malacath gave us Mountain Fart
Dagon used to be such a nice Leaper
etc. etc.

They're all nice lovely beings... :)
---
http://tinyurl.com/aeadm3b
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. ~ Bill Cosby
#59lordgamingtonVPosted 1/9/2013 7:41:28 PM
voiceless0_0 posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Schesparn posted...
Can we just get Peryite out of the way? He barely qualifies as a Daedric prince. He barely qualifies as a Daedra. I've seen fairies that are stronger.

Unless you take the idea of him possibly devouring Jyggalag as true, and the idea that he'll likely be the Akatosh of the next kalpa :]

Where does the peryite becoming the next akatosh come from reb? Seen yourself and Brenz mention it before.

From On Boethiah's Summoning Day

The Princes of this world will become the Kings of the next, and Peryite will lead.
In other words, they'll will switch places with the Divines, and Peryite will become Papa Dragon. He's already doing some sort of mantling (appearing as a Dragon, putting order in lower realms)

Wait. So does that mean ALL of the Princes will become Divines? And what happens to the current Divines? Do they become like the Daedric Princes? Is there a compiled explanation of this whole thing located somewhere?

SWEET JESUS WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

Meridia and Mehrunes Dagon might. Meridia was said to have been a Magna Ge, a minor Aedra before getting cursed for "consorting with illicit spectra". Mehrunes Dagon was allegedly created by the Magna Ge, as stated by Mankar Camoran in the Mythic Dawn Commentaries, Book 4. So, (Conjecture) it's possible that Meridia created Mehrunes Dagon, and was cursed for it (/conjecture). Mehrunes Dagon himself was possibly an aedra before getting cursed by Alduin for attempting to create a world to big for him to eat, as stated in the Aldudagga (I think). Malacath might be purified as well, as he was an aedra before being eaten by Boethiah. The thing is, we don't know if they will be purified in the interim between kalpas, if there is one, or if they just get their starts switched. If they get their starts switched, (sweet baby jesus look at all this conjecture coming up) then Oblivion will be similar to how the planets were at the beginning of the most recent kalpa, which may or may not be collapsed on itself to form the next analogue of Nirn, made out of the pieces of Oblivion, similar to how Nirn was (re)made out of the original 8 planets that were made from Lorkhan. This might also turn the lesser daedra into mortals, and the regular mortals into immortals similar to daedra.
If they get purified, then Mehrunes Dagon, Meridia, Malacath, and Jyggalag (if he's still around (which is unlikely, it seems)) may become aedra.
Meridia will if she WAS a Magna Ge, which is hinted at.
Mehrunes Dagon will if he WAS made by the Magna Ge.
Malacath will. It has been stated several different times in the Lore that Malacath was originally Trinimac, who was then eaten by Boethiah which lead to the Elves that worshiped him to become the Orsimer.
Jyggalag is the most difficult to figure out, as it isn't stated if he was a Daedra or an Aedra. If he was an Aedra and is purified, then he becomes one again. If he was a Daedra and the starts get switched, then he bcomes an Aedra.
Now, most of this is conjecture based off of a possibly flawed, possibly incomplete understanding of the lore. Reb, help me out and tell me if anything is wrong, ok?
TL:DR read it. It's good for your brain.
---
They say that a dead man tells no tales. I disagree. They tell tales all the time, we just have to learn to listen.
#60Arctic_SunrisePosted 1/9/2013 7:45:10 PM
Molag Bal because he's described as the 'King of Rape.' Even Ol' Dagon is better at parties than him.
---
"And I say: "Look! I have hands!" But the people all around me say: "What are hands?" - Lady Jessica, 'Dune'