If you could kill one Daedric prince, who would it be?

#61RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 8:46:48 PM
lordgamingtonV posted...
Meridia and Mehrunes Dagon might. Meridia was said to have been a Magna Ge, a minor Aedra before getting cursed for "consorting with illicit spectra". Mehrunes Dagon was allegedly created by the Magna Ge, as stated by Mankar Camoran in the Mythic Dawn Commentaries, Book 4. So, (Conjecture) it's possible that Meridia created Mehrunes Dagon, and was cursed for it (/conjecture). Mehrunes Dagon himself was possibly an aedra before getting cursed by Alduin for attempting to create a world to big for him to eat, as stated in the Aldudagga (I think).

Magna-Ge are not Aedra. They're et'Ada who fled creation with Magnus. Dagon was a Leaper Demon King before Alduin cursed him. He was not created by Meridia. I see no reason to think he was an Aedra and not some other Ada. And he was helping Lorkhan ferret away bits of each kalpa.

similar to how Nirn was (re)made out of the original 8 planets that were made from Lorkhan.

Umm no. The planets are the Aedric gods, who tore off bits of themselves to create Nirn. Lorkhan did not "create the planets."

Jyggalag is the most difficult to figure out, as it isn't stated if he was a Daedra or an Aedra. If he was an Aedra and is purified, then he becomes one again. If he was a Daedra and the starts get switched, then he bcomes an Aedra.

He's very specifically and clearly a f***ing Daedra.

Now, most of this is conjecture based off of a possibly flawed, possibly incomplete understanding of the lore. Reb, help me out and tell me if anything is wrong, ok?

It's almost all wrong, as usual.

Also, it's not a matter of "Daedra become Aedra and vice versa." The gods just get shuffled around.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#62BigE363Posted 1/9/2013 8:47:28 PM
Probably Sheo just because he's misused and overused a lot. I expected more of a truly insanely violent personality, not some bumbling idiot who has a cheese fetish.

Semi off topic, was the Leaper Demon King a sort of Aedra as the above poster suggested, or was he some completely different type of being? Or is this just one of the many mysteries of ES lore?
---
Have you seen Armand Christophe?
#63BigE363Posted 1/9/2013 8:49:18 PM
Wow I type slow, forget my query.
---
Have you seen Armand Christophe?
#64RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 8:50:42 PM
BigE363 posted...
Probably Sheo just because he's misused and overused a lot. I expected more of a truly insanely violent personality, not some bumbling idiot who has a cheese fetish.

Semi off topic, was the Leaper Demon King a sort of Aedra as the above poster suggested, or was he some completely different type of being? Or is this just one of the many mysteries of ES lore?

Just another et'Ada. I see no reason to assume Aedric origin.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#65lordgamingtonVPosted 1/9/2013 8:52:49 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
lordgamingtonV posted...
Meridia and Mehrunes Dagon might. Meridia was said to have been a Magna Ge, a minor Aedra before getting cursed for "consorting with illicit spectra". Mehrunes Dagon was allegedly created by the Magna Ge, as stated by Mankar Camoran in the Mythic Dawn Commentaries, Book 4. So, (Conjecture) it's possible that Meridia created Mehrunes Dagon, and was cursed for it (/conjecture). Mehrunes Dagon himself was possibly an aedra before getting cursed by Alduin for attempting to create a world to big for him to eat, as stated in the Aldudagga (I think).

Magna-Ge are not Aedra. They're et'Ada who fled creation with Magnus. Dagon was a Leaper Demon King before Alduin cursed him. He was not created by Meridia. I see no reason to think he was an Aedra and not some other Ada. And he was helping Lorkhan ferret away bits of each kalpa.

similar to how Nirn was (re)made out of the original 8 planets that were made from Lorkhan.

Umm no. The planets are the Aedric gods, who tore off bits of themselves to create Nirn. Lorkhan did not "create the planets."

Jyggalag is the most difficult to figure out, as it isn't stated if he was a Daedra or an Aedra. If he was an Aedra and is purified, then he becomes one again. If he was a Daedra and the starts get switched, then he bcomes an Aedra.

He's very specifically and clearly a f***ing Daedra.

Now, most of this is conjecture based off of a possibly flawed, possibly incomplete understanding of the lore. Reb, help me out and tell me if anything is wrong, ok?

It's almost all wrong, as usual.

Also, it's not a matter of "Daedra become Aedra and vice versa." The gods just get shuffled around.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
---
They say that a dead man tells no tales. I disagree. They tell tales all the time, we just have to learn to listen.
#66Brenz0rPosted 1/9/2013 8:53:50 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Thanks for the updates Brenz. I've always felt a bit strange quoting it without certainty, even though I knew we generally took what it says to be at least somewhat truthful.

These days I tend to think that it might not be a very good idea to quote it, at least for me. It's not the sort of text that I'd throw around on here with impunity, since I never seem to get the same kind of discussion out of it that can spawn on the TES Lore forum. On GFAQs there's probably a much greater chance of somebody taking something the wrong way, and I would dislike being the cause of it. Which doesn't mean that OBSD isn't an interesting read, just that caution is the buzzword.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#67KotomineKireiPosted 1/9/2013 9:51:54 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
I'll start with the last point. Your account is a year old, and I've never seen you post on this board. You're new to he site and the board (though the board is all that matters in this case).

You should have stated that first then, as it is a vague thing to say.

Regardless of your ambiguity in your assumption, I've been on Gamefaqs for 9 or more years, I just didn't have an account, so either way I'm not a new kid on the block.

RebelElite791 posted...
Hell, the KOTN book in Skyrim very clearly doesnt mention the CoC.

The KoTN book in Skyrim takes place before Oblivion's timeline about 200-300 years, of course he/she wouldn't be mentioned.

RebelElite791 posted...
How is that quote proof of anything? He is part of all mortals. Madness and creativity latent in everyone's mind. That has nothing to do with the CoC in any way, shape or form, by any stretch of the imagination.

They were most likely breaking the fourth wall, just like with M'aiq, as I said.
Also, the Daedric Princes aren't embodiments of things such as emotions, they just govern over them(hence Prince).
You wouldn't say that everyone, who lives in the land a king presides over, lives inside a king would you?

RebelElite791 posted...
Subtle hints are not facts. They have never confirmed it, and never will. The very idea of the CoC being the Hero, the Listener, the Grey Fox, and the madgod all at once is utterly ludicrous. Also: If he became Sheo, he's now Sheo. Not the CoC anymore.
Yes, they're linear. The expansions are not. KOTN doesnt require you to be the CoC. Dawnguard doesnt require you to be the Dragonborn. "Dragonborn" does, so that will be canonically attributed to the Dragonborn.

Going by what you're basically saying is canon, the Dragonborn obtained and read an Elder Scroll(which didn't blind him/her), defeated Alduin, entered the realm of Hermaeus Mora(which didn't make him crazy), and defeated Miraak.
His destiny was only to defeat Alduin, yet he did all of that too and without suffering side effects he should have(especially with the Hermaeus Mora part).
So, it isn't too farfetched to say that the protagonist of Oblivion did all of those things.

Also, Sheogorath might not hold the titles he used to hold, most people probably don't even know the protagonist became a Daedric Prince, but obviously he remembers everything he did pre-Sheogorath(albeit in the Sheogorath way)

Anyway, really, it's only not canon if the next game says something concreting that what you did wasn't what happened.
Anything else is up to what you did with your character, which is why the lore is mostly ambiguous about past game events.
Sheogorath seems to be one of the more concrete, you had to have done this, events.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#68gedo24Posted 1/9/2013 10:21:39 PM
Namira, I'm just not into the whole cannibal thing.
---
Dovahkiin:making more guards by the arrow
#69deadpool223Posted 1/9/2013 10:35:13 PM
TypeOSpectre posted...
YO456 posted...
TypeOSpectre posted...
WinkingBalotell posted...
Molag Bol. His quest in Oblivion was the douchiest thing ever..

I thought his Oblivion quest was freaking hilarious, but I have a dark sense of humor.

I'd kill Hircine, though. I despise everything he stands for.

You despise what Hircine stands for, as opposed to Molag Bol, lord of rape?

There is a sense of controlled sadism is Molag Bal's doings. Sure Molag Bal is a douche, but at least thinks about what he is doing and how it could affect people (in a negative way, of course). Hircine is just mindless savagery. No thought or control at all.

that is the exact opposite of true, like every part of that.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#70nfl89Posted 1/9/2013 10:42:46 PM
which is the one that likes spiders?