If you could kill one Daedric prince, who would it be?

#71The_Real_TurnipPosted 1/9/2013 10:05:34 PM
Merida.

Her entire tone makes me want to throw the beacon off a cliff. Or give it to a Dremora Lord and banish him back to Oblivion. There are a couple others almost as bad, but she takes the prize.
#72RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 10:09:53 PM
Anything else is up to what you did with your character, which is why the lore is mostly ambiguous about past game events.

Exactly, we agree.

So stop saying "MY COC BECAME SHEO SO EVERYONE'S COC BECAME SHEO IM RIGHT YOURE WRONG MY CHARACTER IS THE RIGHT ONE."

Going by what you're basically saying is canon, the Dragonborn obtained and read an Elder Scroll(which didn't blind him/her), defeated Alduin, entered the realm of Hermaeus Mora(which didn't make him crazy), and defeated Miraak.
His destiny was only to defeat Alduin, yet he did all of that too and without suffering side effects he should have(especially with the Hermaeus Mora part).

Indeed. And the Dovahkiin isn't just an average joe, just fyi.

So, it isn't too farfetched to say that the protagonist of Oblivion did all of those things.

It's not. But it's farfetched to say it's canon, because it isn't.

"My CoC became Sheo" is acceptable.
"My CoC did not become Sheo" is acceptable.
"It is not canon that the CoC became Sheo" is acceptable.
"It is canon that the Coc became Sheo" is completely and utterly wrong.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#73clone11Posted 1/9/2013 10:11:19 PM
Seriously, this Sheogorath thing comes up every day without fail now.
---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."
#74RAGEface14Posted 1/9/2013 10:17:00 PM
Mephala

Nobody would really miss her.
---
GT: RAGEface14
#75BipBapBamPosted 1/9/2013 10:17:13 PM
Namira, cannibalism just disturbs me.
#76The_Real_TurnipPosted 1/9/2013 10:31:16 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
KotomineKirei posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
KotomineKirei posted...
IamI3rian posted...
Sheo, which isn't even an option.

Sheogorath is the protagonist of Oblivion...so, if you played Oblivion, wouldn't that mean...

Well, anyway, I choose Namira.
Her sphere is over spiders and related things, so that's enough reason to want that Daedric Prince gone.

No he isn't, stop posting this bullcrap and think before posting.

...and why isn't Sheogorath the protagonist of Oblivion, exactly?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64937830

Feel free to have a nice read. I'm not going to repost all of that every time some new kid on the block decides to think he knows anything about this.

Do you have an official statement from the person who wrote Sheogorath in Skyrim that he isn't the CoC? Or any of the head writers at Bethesda? Because I couldn't find any actual facts either way in game (and the games are the only actual Canon, anything else is fanom).

For what it's worth, I agree that the CoC isn't Sheogorath. His references to things happening never say he did those things, just that they happened. This, however, is no more hard fact then the idea that Sheo = CoC.

The problem is that you're a massive douche about it. You're acting like the logical conclusion (the CoC stood in for Sheo during the greymarch, and then Sheo took over once again) is hard fact when it is just your opinion. It may be a common opinion among the well researched fans, and those who pay attention and read the in game books - but it's still just an opinion.

So either link me to an official statement from a head writer (or Sheo's writer for Skyrim) that says unequivocally that you are right, provide me with an in-Skyrim book or character that unequivocally states you are right, or stop being a ****head who acts like their opinion is fact.
#77RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 10:35:44 PM
The_Real_Turnip posted...

Do you have an official statement from the person who wrote Sheogorath in Skyrim that he isn't the CoC? Or any of the head writers at Bethesda? Because I couldn't find any actual facts either way in game (and the games are the only actual Canon, anything else is fanom).

For what it's worth, I agree that the CoC isn't Sheogorath. His references to things happening never say he did those things, just that they happened. This, however, is no more hard fact then the idea that Sheo = CoC.

The problem is that you're a massive douche about it. You're acting like the logical conclusion (the CoC stood in for Sheo during the greymarch, and then Sheo took over once again) is hard fact when it is just your opinion. It may be a common opinion among the well researched fans, and those who pay attention and read the in game books - but it's still just an opinion.

So either link me to an official statement from a head writer (or Sheo's writer for Skyrim) that says unequivocally that you are right, provide me with an in-Skyrim book or character that unequivocally states you are right, or stop being a ****head who acts like their opinion is fact.

Refer to:

RebelElite791 posted...

"My CoC became Sheo" is acceptable.
"My CoC did not become Sheo" is acceptable.
"It is not canon that the CoC became Sheo" is acceptable.
"It is canon that the Coc became Sheo" is completely and utterly wrong.

Do you know how burden of proof works?

In talking about OFFICIAL, CANONICAL, LORE stuff, CoC is not Sheo. In talking about your own person headcanon, he's whoever the hell you want

This is not a difficult concept, and does not demean or delegitimatize anyone's experience in any way.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#78KotomineKireiPosted 1/9/2013 10:53:25 PM
RebelElite791 posted...

So stop saying "MY COC BECAME SHEO SO EVERYONE'S COC BECAME SHEO IM RIGHT YOURE WRONG MY CHARACTER IS THE RIGHT ONE."

You know, even if you didn't play Shivering Isles through, that doesn't mean your character didn't eventually become Sheogorath.
Why, you ask?
Because, even if you stopped playing the game after the main quest, your character went on to do greater things while you were playing Skyrim...like riding narwhals and fixing the Lore-Cheese Continuum by becoming Sheogorath.

RebelElite791 posted...

Neither was the Champion of Cyrodiil.

Anyway, this is getting rather off-topic.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#79The_Real_TurnipPosted 1/9/2013 10:54:01 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Do you know how burden of proof works?

In talking about OFFICIAL, CANONICAL, LORE stuff, CoC is not Sheo.

Do you? Philosophically speaking, which is the closest to what this is, the burden is on anyone making a claim. I didn't make a claim. I called you an *** hole. I can find a hundred of your posts where you prove that statement to be right - many in this thread. You claim that the CoC is unequivocally not Sheo. That's a hard, factual claim. Now: Prove it. Give us your "Official" "Canonical" source. There's no books in Skyrim that cover it. There's no posts from Todd Howard on twitter saying "Nah, CoC != Sheo, that was just an easter egg for fans of Shivering Isles" that I'm aware of. Back up your claim.

Historically, Canon has been that the previous hero (CoC) did the main quest and the major DLC. To complete Shivering Isles, you have to take on the mantle, title and responsibilities of Sheogorath. You can't avoid that. There's no "I'll take option B and let Haskill become Sheo". So if the CoC became Sheo (as per the main quest of Shivering Isles) - which judging by the Nerevarine, Tribunal, and Morrowind Canon, is more likely then not - the only question is if he is still Sheo, or if the CoC exists at all anymore. He could have simply becoming Sheo so thoroughly that Sheo is Sheo at this point - the madgods entire essence overwriting his.

Keep in mind I agree with you. I agree that CoC != Sheo. The big problem I have is the way you attack everyone who has a different opinion, and act like you speak with the word of god. You don't.

Normally, I'd put someone like you on ignore, but you go from these "I'm a huge ****" posts to really well thought out and helpful ones.
#80RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 10:55:11 PM
KotomineKirei posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

You know, even if you didn't play Shivering Isles through, that doesn't mean your character didn't eventually become Sheogorath.
Why, you ask?
Because, even if you stopped playing the game after the main quest, your character went on to do greater things while you were playing Skyrim...like riding narwhals and fixing the Lore-Cheese Continuum by becoming Sheogorath.

RebelElite791 posted...

Neither was the Champion of Cyrodiil.

Anyway, this is getting rather off-topic.

The Dovahkiin is a Dragon in a mortal body, a Shezarrine, possibly the most powerful Dragonborn to ever live.

The CoC is literally an errand boy.

On the mythic scale, Dovahkiin definitely ranks quite a few notches higher.

As for the first part of your post, I'm not even going to dignify that with a reply.
---