If you could kill one Daedric prince, who would it be?

#91RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 11:30:35 PM
lordgamingtonV posted...
Calling out to Rebel and Brenz.

As I have already made clear, I am rather unfamiliar with the lore. What the hell is the Shezarrine?

A "ghost" or avatar of Shor/Lorkhan/etc.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#92clone11Posted 1/9/2013 11:31:15 PM(edited)
lordgamingtonV posted...

As I have already made clear, I am rather unfamiliar with the lore. What the hell is the Shezarrine?

A Shezarrine is a ghost/avatar of Lorkhan/Shor/etc.

Edit: Damn, almost made it.
---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."
#93RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 11:33:07 PM
clone11 posted...
lordgamingtonV posted...

A Shezarrine is a ghost/avatar of Lorkhan/Shor/etc.

Edit: Damn, almost made it.

\o/
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#94KotomineKireiPosted 1/9/2013 11:33:37 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
KotomineKirei posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

So stop saying "MY COC BECAME SHEO SO EVERYONE'S COC BECAME SHEO IM RIGHT YOURE WRONG MY CHARACTER IS THE RIGHT ONE."

You know, even if you didn't play Shivering Isles through, that doesn't mean your character didn't eventually become Sheogorath.
Why, you ask?
Because, even if you stopped playing the game after the main quest, your character went on to do greater things while you were playing Skyrim...like riding narwhals and fixing the Lore-Cheese Continuum by becoming Sheogorath.

RebelElite791 posted...

Indeed. And the Dovahkiin isn't just an average joe, just fyi.

Neither was the Champion of Cyrodiil.

Anyway, this is getting rather off-topic.

The Dovahkiin is a Dragon in a mortal body, a Shezarrine, possibly the most powerful Dragonborn to ever live.

The CoC is literally an errand boy.

On the mythic scale, Dovahkiin definitely ranks quite a few notches higher.

As for the first part of your post, I'm not even going to dignify that with a reply.

The Champion of Cyrodiil was foreseen by Emperor Uriel Septim VII and was placed in that jail cell by the Nine...or perhaps one of the Daedra?
The Champion was in no way an average Joe or just an errand boy(which by the way is what most of the Dovahkiin's quests consist of as well anyway...)

Also, I didn't expect you to reply to the first part, and I'd think you can't tell one someone's joking, if you thought I was being serious after "Lore-Cheese Continuum".
Though I was being serious about the first sentence as you've no idea what your main character would do after the main quest...unless you made your character jump off that really high cliff that was popular with folk who became Grand Champion of the Arena and saved mid fall.

Lastly, the way I see it, is that the protagonist did every quest like a true erran-I mean hero of the people would.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#95RebelElite791Posted 1/9/2013 11:37:00 PM
KotomineKirei posted...

The Champion of Cyrodiil was foreseen by Emperor Uriel Septim VII and was placed in that jail cell by the Nine...or perhaps one of the Daedra?
The Champion was in no way an average Joe or just an errand boy(which by the way is what most of the Dovahkiin's quests consist of as well anyway...)

Also, I didn't expect you to reply to the first part, and I'd think you can't tell one someone's joking, if you thought I was being serious after "Lore-Cheese Continuum".
Though I was being serious about the first sentence as you've no idea what your main character would do after the main quest...unless you made your character jump off that really high cliff that was popular with folk who became Grand Champion of the Arena and saved mid fall.

Lastly, the way I see it, is that the protagonist did every quest like a true erran-I mean hero of the people would.

Foreseen by the Emperor =/= almost literally a demigod.
He was placed in that jail cell by whatever you want him to have done. Whether fate or the gods had a part in it is unknown and largely irrelevant.

I find the notion of the Hero doing the Mage's, Figher's, TG, and Brotherhood ludicrous. Yes, let's make the champion of all mankind and the savior of the world a murdering, thieving assbag :P

But my point was, the CoC really does just fetch stuff for other people. The Dovahkiin fights and defeats a god, and is himself, as I mentioned, much more than meets the eye.
---
#96KotomineKireiPosted 1/10/2013 12:04:15 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Foreseen by the Emperor =/= almost literally a demigod.
He was placed in that jail cell by whatever you want him to have done. Whether fate or the gods had a part in it is unknown and largely irrelevant.

You accidentally added a "=/" to your "=" there.
Also, the Nine or whatever put him/her there obviously knew the protagonist had potential to become someone awesome/or maybe the protagonist already was...?

RebelElite791 posted...
I find the notion of the Hero doing the Mage's, Figher's, TG, and Brotherhood ludicrous. Yes, let's make the champion of all mankind and the savior of the world a murdering, thieving assbag :P

But my point was, the CoC really does just fetch stuff for other people. The Dovahkiin fights and defeats a god, and is himself, as I mentioned, much more than meets the eye.

That second sentence you wrote made me laugh.
Though, I disagree, after all, TES games are role-playing games, and all of the protagonists have been everything you just said.
Which might be why none of them ever get to be added to the Divines like Talos...

As for the Champion, he/she didn't just fetch things, he/she fought a lot of things just like Dovahkiin, and I'm sure he/she could have annihilated dragons almost as easy as the Dovahkiin could.

Anyway, there's been too many threads lost to the Sheograth/Champion of Cyrodiil confusion.
Someone must contact Bethesda about this, before anymore are lost and have them put an end to this evil plot hole!
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#97RebelElite791Posted 1/10/2013 12:10:26 AM
You accidentally added a "=/" to your "=" there.
Also, the Nine or whatever put him/her there obviously knew the protagonist had potential to become someone awesome/or maybe the protagonist already was...?

Please explain how someone being dreamed of by an Emperor puts them on nearly demigod status?

Yes, he had potential to do great deeds, but that doesn't mean they're as great as other people's deeds.

Though, I disagree, after all, TES games are role-playing games, and all of the protagonists have been everything you just said.
Which might be why none of them ever get to be added to the Divines like Talos...

Care to provide a source for that first sentence? They have deliberately avoided giving canonical attribution to guild questlines in every case.

Also Talos *was* a murdering thieving assbag IRL, and he wasn't "added to" the Divines.

As for the Champion, he/she didn't just fetch things, he/she fought a lot of things just like Dovahkiin, and I'm sure he/she could have annihilated dragons almost as easy as the Dovahkiin could.

Dragons, yes. Alduin and Miraak? Not a chance.
---
#98NailbombPosted 1/10/2013 12:19:11 AM
I chose Clavicus Vile, because he's always trying to give me that stupid ****ing helmet. No, geek, I'll just keep Umbra/The Rueful Axe.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#99thor23Posted 1/10/2013 1:22:42 AM
Nailbomb posted...
I chose Clavicus Vile, because he's always trying to give me that stupid ****ing helmet. No, geek, I'll just keep Umbra/The Rueful Axe.

The Rueful Axe is horrible. It's the slowest weapon in the game and it's weaker than an ebony axe.
#100Brenz0rPosted 1/10/2013 2:12:58 AM
KotomineKirei posted...
That second sentence you wrote made me laugh.

Hjalti was a megalomaniacal bag of ****s who lied about his past (and rammed it down so many people's throats that it became the official propaganda of his new empire), had no qualms about conspiring against and murdering anything and everything that got in his way (including his most trusted advisors and his own king, if need be), made deals with various individuals that included Molag Bal, killed many of his own soldiers for laughs on at least one occasion that I can recall offhand (although there was the secondary reason that if his enemies thought he "barely escaped" then they might also think he'd be easier to take down and would reveal themselves), was willing to shatter reality just to complete his conquest of Tamriel... and had a fondness for dark elf jailbait, just to add to his long list of faults (he had the child killed once his philandering got him into trouble, and yes, it was alive at the time as far as the pregnancy went).
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN