Can vampires get drunk?

#11privialityPosted 1/9/2013 2:27:52 PM
clownse posted...
priviality posted...
Well, if you don't have blood flowing through your veins, you can't necessarily get drunk, can you?

Well what happens to the blood they ingest, does it simply sit in the stomach? (It may go straight into the veins but I doubt it)

Honestly, I have no clue. Maybe vampirism gives the individual a tapeworm. A tapeworm with an incurable bloodlust.
#12clownsePosted 1/9/2013 2:28:03 PM
freehandjapan posted...
Vampires can only get drunk if they drink the blood of someone who is already drunk.

But they get drunk from the alcohol that's in the victim's blood, so why can't they ingest it from the source like a bottle of Mead for instance?

In theory they should be able to drink blood and then some alcohol because that's what they get when they feed from a drunk guy.
#13Smackdowner1Posted 1/9/2013 2:28:16 PM
Schesparn posted...
They typically don't walk around and drink blood from the living, either, but vampires aren't exactly normal dead people.

They're still dead though. Bloodlust can make one appear intoxicated, but alcohol does not affect vampires. Trust me.
---
''Belligerence'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2012
#14SchesparnPosted 1/9/2013 2:28:22 PM
Gosh, people around here sure are knowledgeable about Elder Scrolls vampires.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#15MC2011Posted 1/9/2013 2:28:51 PM
Dey got da holes in da teeth dat they drink all da blood up n inta dar brain niko.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#16clownsePosted 1/9/2013 2:29:30 PM
priviality posted...
clownse posted...
priviality posted...
Well, if you don't have blood flowing through your veins, you can't necessarily get drunk, can you?

Well what happens to the blood they ingest, does it simply sit in the stomach? (It may go straight into the veins but I doubt it)

Honestly, I have no clue. Maybe vampirism gives the individual a tapeworm. A tapeworm with an incurable bloodlust.

That's actually a pretty creative idea lol.
#17thor23Posted 1/9/2013 3:04:39 PM(edited)
Vampires are still effected by potions when they drink them, and food when they eat it, so they can probably get drunk.

Also, the vampires in TES do have blood flowing in their veins (see: Serana, Harkon, and all the Volkihar vampires), but it's not normal "blood." It's some magic ****.
#18The_Beer_ScotchPosted 1/9/2013 2:38:35 PM
Weejiez posted...
No. Vampires can't digest food of any kind, impregnate anyone, and can't get drunk. They are dead.

Oblivion begs to differ.
---
To be announced
#19Dreadsword101Posted 1/9/2013 2:45:40 PM
Weejiez posted...
No. Vampires can't digest food of any kind, impregnate anyone, and can't get drunk. They are dead.

Then how can you eat food as a vampire and still gain health from it? This is Bethesda however, barely anything is consistent when it comes to them.

An Imperial vampire impregnated an Orc in Oblivion. Guess it could depend on the type of vampire.

Maybe they can get drunk if the beverage contains blood...? *GASP* THAT MUST BE AN INGREDIENT IN SANGUINE'S SPECIAL BREW!
#20aDominationPosted 1/9/2013 2:48:21 PM
Depense on the victims blood alcohol level.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.